Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Humans must unite.

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Humans must unite.
The time for change is now!

When will humans over look greed, personal gain and indifference. To unite as a species?
When will man stop listening to the governed force and lay down arms?

Isn't it obvious that our governments are breeding and training psychotic leaders who act on self greed and pride. But yet we as humans still follow suit... how could we as humans unite as a whole and work together to perfect our planet and not destroy it.

Act now before its to late...

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 36yrs • M
Clearly a spammer!
Your input serves no logical response to this thread.
If anything this guy on facebook you pointed out is the exact reason why our species is fucked.
Your shallow attempts to boost the likes on facebook have failed... people like you are the reason mass genocide is the only way to keep this planet alive.

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theory, I agree that Virtual7 is but spam, unrelated to the question at hand. However, I do find that your response might be considered to be a bit over the top.

IMO, governments either tend to be totalitarian, and should be dismantled; or democratic, in which case 'we are the people.' In either case we should act accordingly.

Genocide? Perhaps a bit extreme, don't you think? Besides, the planet will do just fine, with or without us.

I do think I understand your frustration. Mankind is certainly not living up to its potential, and spends much too much time preying on itself. If we were to have a more holistic view, we could advance to the greatness of all. But we squander what we are on selfish pursuits that come to naught..

[  Edited by thx1137 at   ]
 44yrs • F •
lainfiquette is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Mankind is indeed not living up to its potential. Actually, the majority of mankind just doesn't give a damn. Which is likely why we're in the pickle we're in now. I mean, generally I look at those around me, and if they have entertainment and the ability to feed themselves they are happy. They could careless what's happening around them if it's not happening to them, and the sad thing is that its getting worse. It seems that the apathy for anything outside their little bubble is getting to be a larger problem.

36yrs • M
Thx I don't feel my reaction to the spammer was over the top. As its this exact part of humanity that needs vanquishing.

I do however agree genocide its a little harsh but can you perceive away humans will stop this destruction of the planet.

I feel most people over look the fact we as a species are an extension of this planet.

You say that our planet will be fine with or without us yet we have clearly ignored the planets distress and raped it for every resource possible. For what gain?

Thank you lain for your input.
But how can we break this cycle of self gratification and as a species advance as a whole into enlightenment.

When will we swap personal gains and goals for unity.

70yrs • M •
I understand your points. That said, only a few thousand pounds of earth material have been removed from the planet, into space. So everything is still here. I am convinced that the earth will continue far after some future being is pumping my remains out of deep earth to use for fossil fuel.

Seriously, I do not find that personal goals and unity to be mutually exclusive. Here, I must concede that those who hold excessive monetary gain or political power as their singular goal might disagree.

36yrs • M
A few thousand tons?? More like 50 billion gallons of crude oil. not to mention the mass amounts trees cut down in the rain forest each day.we as a species have destroyed the planet along with trillions of life's.

I understand that the world essentially grew us. So we are as part of the earth.
So why don't we attempt to preserve it and move past this dark age of war and anguish.

I just hold hope that people will awaken soon.

70yrs • M •
Theory, I am all for being ecologically sound and sustainable. My point was that even if you refined and burnt up all the oil, and cut down all the trees -- they have not gone anywhere. This is a closed ecosystem. Unless you strap a rocket to the tree and send it into space, everything that was the tree is still here.

Unless you blow the earth up with a Star Wars Deathstar, the earth is still here. Just different.

Kill off all the fish, cut down all the trees, poison all the waters, and we all die. But the earth is still here. We are not trying to 'save the planet,' we are trying to save ourselves.

45yrs • M
Post Omega is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Greedy people know how to create money.

Let the greedy unite and let the virtuous unite but keep them separate.

70yrs • M •
Post, if you haven't noticed, the rich have already separated themselves from everyone else.

Of course, if you are an Ayn Rand objectivist, you believe that the rich are rich because they are virtuous.

70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that littlejohn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is going to sound cold, but I gotta tell you, saving the human race is way low on my priority list. From outside looking in, they seem like an infection, like mold on a piece of cheese. They multiply like crazy, consume everything in their path and look to jump on to the next piece of cheese. Just sayin.
Should all humans unite toward some goal ? Should we unite in all things ? Or some things ? Who decides ? Should I be shamed or arrested or killed because I dont care about it and refuse to unite ?
thanks for the opportunity to share.

64yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Hobbes Choice is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So what you are saying is so that humans can unite all they have to do is stop being humans.

64yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Hobbes Choice is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree that humans expansion looks just like an infection or virus.
take a look at any map, and compare it the the growth of a fungus.
I keep wondering for what do we need with all these people?
I get it that most families want to have children, but that should not mean we cannot avoid further human expansion. One child each, no more.
Would it not be better to have fewer humans enjoying a better life,and to leave room for elephants and other wild things.

36yrs • M
First of all "thx" i completely disagree we are attempting to preserve life not ourselves. Why as a human wohld you rather, the world as it is and fall asleep into a suburban slavery than attempt to save life.

Little Jon your points are valid and i take heed. I'm just getting bored with the amount of wars and murder that happens in the world every day. Its pathetic that some people show little, to no regard for human life.

It just feels as tho we are at a deadlock unable to advance from such primitive habits.

70yrs • M •
Theory, please re-read my statement. I am simply pointing out that no matter what we do, good or bad, we are affecting human life. If we do not care for the planet, it will recover -- but without us. The earth was here before we were, and it will be here after we have gone.

Humans must unite.
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy