Flip flop hipity hop, off your rocker and over the top, lifes a fiction the worlds a lie so put on some creedence and lets get high - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Sad about the world

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Kindred Heart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sad about the world
I dont know why im posting this except i feel like when i see the news it makes me really sad. i think people are really harsh to everyone and everyone is seperate.

i feel like people are racist, like an american life is more important than a black or something and i dont like it making me look at people like that.

does anyone else feel this way?
Keywords: sadness, sad, world, harsh

"Love, love is in the air, and I am breathing it all in."
 43yrs • M •
Theophylaktos is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what do you mean people are racist?

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Kindred Heart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It just feels like when you see an american in a movie or on tv, their lives are more valuable. its like a black person or colored person dies ten times more and the audience just ends up not caring.

so i wonder if that has rubbed off on me and if I am racist because of that.

43yrs • M •
Xandy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It's natural for a society to identify with those closest to them. Monkeys will be more caring towards other monkeys and Americans are more caring towards Americans. It's a well known societal characteristic.

34yrs • F •
that doesn't make it not sad!

43yrs • M •
Xandy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well, are natural things sad? Like a lion eating a tiger? These are natural things if you study any sort of sociology you will read about it. They are sad things but just like evolution, all part of life.

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You like sad things. Learn that about yourself.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The meta-contrast principle is a psychological concept that people tend to see strong similarities between themselves and other members of their group and to see large differences with other social groups.

It's basic human nature to include and exclude certain people, and it's only a sad thing if you ignore the fact that everyone is potentially evil, just as everyone is potentially good.

We may all be potentially good and therefore it may be seen as a sad thing to exclude other people, but we're all also potentially evil, so it's contrasting as to whether we should exclude or include everyone, if you see my point...

So really, it's down to you if you see it as good or bad...

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 34yrs • F •
What makes y ou think i like sad things??

and how can it possibly be good to treat humans of different color worse than your own?

29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I didn't say it was right to treat people of a different colour worse than your own, I said that people have a tendency to find more similarities with people in their group than other people and then said that everyone is just as potentially evil or as potentially good as everyone else.

The idea of a 'fair' society doesn't work under current government and laws, nor does it work under current human beliefs. I never said it was right though.

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timeless1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we have to try to change people to intermix and not judge others that way

it may be the law of the land but lots of laws of the land are changed in modern times because we evolve

Sad about the world
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy