Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Obama is not fit!

User Thread
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Obama is not fit!
Senator Barrack Obama does not have the judgement or experience to run any government in the world. He might have the qualifications to be 'city manager' in Superior, Arizona!

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So you just going to post something with no factual base. I'm glad you have a opinion with nothing more to back it except a opinion.

We can start this discussion by simpling pointing out the fact that he has with very few exceptions in his political career actually gone back on his word. He delivers what he says he can and he doesn't change his stand on issues because the public does.

Is he ideal, no.

They're better people for the job but John Maccain is not up to par with Obama. Obama's track record says he will be only less poisonous to are country then Maccains 100 years of war and cooperate written market preservation plans.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
We can start this discussion by simpling pointing out the fact that he has with very few exceptions in his political career actually gone back on his word. He delivers what he says he can and he doesn't change his stand on issues because the public does.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------

On Iraq, Obama said Thursday that his upcoming trip there might lead him to refine his promise to quickly remove U.S. troops from the war.

He now supports broader authority for the government's eavesdropping program and legal immunity for telecommunications companies that participated in it, after opposing a similar bill last year.

After the Supreme Court overturned the District of Columbia's gun ban, the handgun-control proponent said he favors both an individual's right to own a gun as well as government's right to regulate ownership.

Obama became the first major-party candidate to reject public financing for the general election after earlier promises to accept it.

He not only embraced but promised to expand Bush's program to give more anti-poverty grants to religious groups, a split with Democratic orthodoxy.

He objected to the Supreme Court's decision outlawing the death penalty for child rapists, even though he has been anti-capital punishment.

Obama also said "mental distress" should not count as a health exception that would permit a late-term abortion, saying "it has to be a serious physical issue," addressing a matter considered crucial to abortion rights activists.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11535.html

-----------------------------------

1. Special interests In January, the Obama campaign described union contributions to the campaigns of Clinton and John Edwards as "special interest" money. Obama changed his tune as he began gathering his own union endorsements. He now refers respectfully to unions as the representatives of "working people" and says he is "thrilled" by their support.

2. Public financing Obama replied "yes" in September 2007 when asked if he would agree to public financing of the presidential election if his GOP opponent did the same. Obama has now attached several conditions to such an agreement, including regulating spending by outside groups. His spokesman says the candidate never committed himself on the matter.

3. The Cuba embargo In January 2004, Obama said it was time "to end the embargo with Cuba" because it had "utterly failed in the effort to overthrow Castro." Speaking to a Cuban American audience in Miami in August 2007, he said he would not "take off the embargo" as president because it is "an important inducement for change."

4. Illegal immigration In a March 2004 questionnaire, Obama was asked if the government should "crack down on businesses that hire illegal immigrants." He replied "Oppose." In a Jan. 31, 2008, televised debate, he said that "we do have to crack down on those employers that are taking advantage of the situation."

5. Decriminalization of marijuana While running for the U.S. Senate in January 2004, Obama told Illinois college students that he supported eliminating criminal penalties for marijuana use. In the Oct. 30, 2007, presidential debate, he joined other Democratic candidates in opposing the decriminalization of marijuana.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/24/AR200802
2402094.html

---------------------------------

Obama is but another tool of the commufascist tyranny that anyone supporting either mainstream "two party" candidate is helping perpetuate, it really is that simple.

He will likely promote quiet war over loud overt war, this makes it no better and often worse.

Under Clinton's presidency we did more damage to Iraq through sanctions and bombings than both wars combined, by official numbers.

There are official estimates of over a million dead children alone from those sanctions.

And official numbers are never anywhere near the truth.

Just like the American death toll of the current war, the easiest number we can track, what do they do, give us discount numbers, don't count anyone not dead on the spot on the ground as an official number, in the helicopter (nope), in a humvee (nope), in the hospital (nope), from depleted uranium (shhhh, depleted what?).

What this point of your argument lacks is the fact that no matter what president or party has been in power we have been secretly or overtly at war for a very very long time.

But we keep having these arguments about which puppet is right for the posistion of public figurehead instead of addressing points that matter.

Like why are the same people creating, funding, and arming the communists, the fascists, the commufascists, the terrorists, and why do they keep getting away with fomenting all these wars and stripping countries of resources, wealth, and freedom?

Or like why we spend so much time and energy arguing about who we hope will save us instead of doing what we need to do to save ourselves, which is not to put our hopes and dreams and hearts and minds into some person we want to throw into the hot seat so we don't have to own up to our own responsibility of self education and actual participation, and if it comes down to it, outright revolution.

Because when you find out what is really going on behind the scenes of the dog and pony show, your gonna grow up real quick, regardless of how old you already are, and realise that some serious work needs to be done, and we will be lucky to live through it.

But perhaps I'm just mistaken, and McCain and Obama really are the important issue.

Silly me, carry on.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 33yrs • M •
Iron the point is understanding the worse of two evils.

The spark of a revolution can be snuffed by good old uncle Sam with the releasing of a breath. You understand your beliefs, you also understand that you are not the first one to think in such a manner (i assume with confidence mostly out of hope).

The reason there hasn't been a revolution yet is because people will not even entertain such thoughts until things get much worse then they are.

The point in such talk to simply to understand what is going on the world through of public eye's and to represent a cause that actually has structured influential propose and hope that, that candidate does less damage then the other.

I understand your want for a candidate that is different and will bring large amounts of change but if one secludes them selfs and makes them self look crazy instead of highly intelligent then when the time for a revolution comes one's cards will have already been played.

(at least thats how i see it)

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 46yrs • M
quote:
Iron the point is understanding the worse of two evils.

This is not an insult to you, I understand your point, and I say bullshit. This has gone on too long and needs to stop, put a candidate up that's worth a shit or, at the very least, say no to these evils you speak of.

quote:
The spark of a revolution can be snuffed by good old uncle Sam with the releasing of a breath.

This is not true. The only way it can be done at the moment is through force, if certain technologies haven't been yet fully refined which is likely the case or we probably would already be marching into camps right now.

But a military and police force which is not yet fully corrupted nor completely ignorant of information that so many "civilians" are.

That and the population has not been fully stripped of its guns in the US.

quote:
The reason there hasn't been a revolution yet is because people will not even entertain such thoughts until things get much worse then they are.

Not exactly, to the extent that the general populace isn't facing or even generally aware the degree of horrors and atrocities that are already taking place in our own countries but especially abroad, yes, this is true.

However, things are that bad and worse, most people are just ignorant and or in denial of it.

quote:
The point in such talk to simply to understand what is going on the world through of public eye's and to represent a cause that actually has structured influential propose and hope that, that candidate does less damage then the other.

Again, I understand your point, but again, it is bullshit, the same bullshit that has been making things continually worse for a long time.

Instead of instituting actual beneficial change we get, oh, don't make things notably worse, and though it gets worse, it seems not notable enough, because it is incremental and is often offset by some flaunted minute benefit, for people to muster the effort to say or do anything about it, if they even notice, untill, as you say, it is much worse, or indeed, too late.

You want some details of what is so bad, just ask, or look for yourself even, without bowing to "traditional bias" and blowing off things that you feel are impossible, accept your lack of definitive knowledge, learn some things from multiple points of view, and make up your own damn mind.

quote:
I understand your want for a candidate that is different and will bring large amounts of change but if one secludes them selfs and makes them self look crazy instead of highly intelligent then when the time for a revolution comes one's cards will have already been played.

I don't fully get your meaning here. There are too many factors that I'm unsure of your direct and intentional meaning.

But none the less, I'll make some comments.

First, I'm not overly concerned about candidates at this point anyway, its the people, the general public that are in need of taking action to make changes.

Because it is actual systemic changes on a large scale that are in need.

But this takes education, awareness, and then action. And the first step of that is to stop accepting and putting up with bullshit. And we have to choose this for ourselves, no one is going to be able to save us from ourselves, but ourselves.

Especially not a president or candidate who is honest and actually means to bring actual positive change, even if such a person ever made it into the race or won, the people would stand by and watch this person be assassinated like so many before, and still, do NOTHING.

That is why your proposal for the continued practice of the choosing of the incorrectly described lesser of two evils has to stop. Faster, slower, covert, overt are not qualifiers that dictate one evil as greater or lesser than another, if they are both taking us to hell, then they are both evil, period.

And if you aren't standing up to these evils and even supporting them, if only one of them, even the described lesser of them, then so too are you evil, period.

The time for feigning selective ignorance and making vital decisions in such states of ignorance is over, it must be or we are done.

It is time to wake up, not later, not slowly, not in hopes that ignoring things or choosing "lesser" EVIL will make it go away, but now, right now.

The choice for YOU to perpetuate evil is in YOUR hands, no one elses.

Stop making excuses for evil, wake up, and do what is right.
This video appears to have been removed

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
This should be common sense, but I find myself having to argue that people stop accepting and being evil, why is that?

If you want to talk about acting crazy and unintelligent, I think arguing for evil epitomises it.

Come on people, we are and can do better than this, and we must.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Is he ideal, no."

If youre knowledgable enough to decide what isnt ideal then tell me, what is?

What are good policies zach?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 33yrs • M •
Iron, two questions out of curiosity.

- Do you support a true democracy like everyone votes on all issues?

- Do you vote (if so who?)

Awaken

The ideal government wouldn't have career politicians so these policies would be discussed on the basis of policies but rather true ideals.

The problem with Obama is that his change bit, offers no real change. Like his health care plan really resolves nothing it just makes some half ass hopes out of peoples hearts. Most of his policies follow such guild lines.

As for good policies in the now,

-Pulling out of Iraq

- Putting the Fed back in the hands of the people

- Eliminating the power for the hands of the few

- Less money on wars and arming are nation and more money on education.

- Paying off the dept to China so that one day I will be able to retire.

- Real health care reform in the form of nationalized health care or market regulations in order to bring manufacturing base back the united states.

Just for starts.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Really? Obama not fit? Surly not as fit to lead as George W. Bush Jr. who has done wonders to America. Finding those WMD in Iraq proved how honest, noble and true we are as the USA. Putting our economy back 30 years in policies was brilliant now that our economy is second to none, unlike in the Clinton years.

And our foreign policies have done nothing but improve under the Honest, and Noble Republican leadership, as our closest allies support us to the end. China, Japan, Britan, France, Germany, Russia, India, they all support us. Billions of foreign dollars are being pored into our powerful and strong economy.

Good lord having a democrat or someone intelligent in office would completely change everything!

Better vote McCain!

Ok now for reality. Pattern goes when we have a Republican in office, foreign relations drop, we go to war, taxes are decreased, economic gaps between the rich and poor increase, our deficit increases, religion is constantly trying to infect our government, questionable policies are enacted, the constitution is challenged, foreign investors drop there American investments, the economy slows, the AVERAGE LIFESPAN FOR AN AMERICAN DROPS, the value of human life is also dropped (you know, that cost per human life element that's estimated for companies to determine if taking a precaution is worth it), care for infrastructure, telecom, environment is ignored, the list goes on.

Tell me, please tell me why anyone wants a republican in office. And did you know? Obama isn't a democrat, he is actually a republican. Bush and McCain are Monarchists boarder lining theocratic. The political spectrum for American Politics has shifted over the past 8 years. If you think I'm lying or stupid, look it up and prove me wrong. The now republican goals are so extreme by comparison with what they were 8 years ago its staggering.

PLEASE! PROVE ME WRONG. And I will cast my vote for McCain.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Facts about the Bush administration

The Bush Administration has spent more than $140 billion on a war of choice in Iraq.

The Bush Administration sent troops into battle without adequate body armor or armored Humvees.

The Bush Administration ignored estimates from Gen. Eric Shinseki that several hundred thousand troops would be required to secure Iraq.

Vice President Cheney said Americans "will, in fact, be greeted as liberators" in Iraq.

During the Bush Administration's war in Iraq, more than 1,000 US troops have lost their lives and more than 7,000 have been injured.

In May 2003, President Bush landed on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit, stood under a banner proclaiming "Mission Accomplished," and triumphantly announced that major combat operations were over in Iraq. Asked if he had any regrets about the stunt, Bush said he would do it all over again.

Vice President Cheney said that Iraq was "the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault for many years, but most especially on 9/11." The bipartisan 9/11 Commission found that Iraq had no involvement in the 9/11 attacks and no collaborative operational relationship with Al Qaeda.

National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice said that high-strength aluminum tubes acquired by Iraq were "only really suited for nuclear weapons programs," warning "we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud." The government's top nuclear scientists had told the Administration the tubes were "too narrow, too heavy, too long" to be of use in developing nuclear weapons and could be used for other purposes.

The Bush Administration has spent just $1.1 billion of the $18.4 billion Congress approved for Iraqi reconstruction.

According to the Administration's handpicked weapon's inspector, Charles Duelfer, there is "no evidence that Hussein had passed illicit weapons material to al Qaeda or other terrorist organizations, or had any intent to do so." After the release of the report, Bush continued to insist, "There was a risk--a real risk--that Saddam Hussein would pass weapons, or materials, or information to terrorist networks

Theses are the first ten facts out of one hundred for more go to http://www.thenation.com/doc/20041108/facts

If any one can make a valid argument for electing another republican or prove to me with out a doubt that there a better candidate then Obama then I will also vote McCain.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 40yrs • M •
Fox Monkeys.

Monkey see monkey do. If its on Fox news, Republicans will think its true.

Fox and Republicans are crying out that Obama doesn't have enough experience. Even in the face of every single policy they have successfully passed during the past 8 years has almost destroyed this our once great nation.

75yrs • M •
I support a McCain-Leiberman ticket. Why? They have the knowledge and experience to make things happen. They are not South Chicago political hacks!

[  Edited by jakereaney at   ]
 40yrs • M •
I have been looking at your post for the past couple of days. I have what I want to say, but I am still in absolute disbelief that people actually allow themselves to be fooled and openly lied too as you are demonstrating on a constant basis.
Then again, I am constantly meeting more Fox monkeys who seem to be cookie cutter conservative extremists. I really hope for the sake of the free world, the Republican Party isn't reelected.

[  Edited by allimar at   ]
 52yrs • M •
Randyjohnson is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Obama is a great man. It's McCain who isn't fit.

75yrs • M •
No doubt Obama is a great man. The problem is lack of qualifications to be president. He doesn't have any executive or foreign affairs experience. He is a major flip-flopper on almost all the major issues. And the one major decision he's made since securing the nomination was wrong. He should have picked Senator Clinton as his running mate.

Obama is not fit!
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy