Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Strange things with memory

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Endless Feed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont know if any of you have experienced this but, Three days ago I was at a party. The next day I had problems remembering details (there wasnt any alchahol) such as, someone face. The next day I was able to remember it completly. And today its a lot easier to recall everything. Does anyone have a psychological explination for this?

33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that BillyNoMates is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you'd need a phycologicallyismist person for that lmao..

my answer... short term memory loss?

you could just have the memories at the back of your head and they come clearer days on. Many people do it.

Like when you are asked a question and it rattles your brain and you cant remember then out of the blue two days later you say "oh! I know!"

lol

"Jingle ALL the way!"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey hey i done that before. except when i told them the answer they told me that they had asked me that question a couple of days ago. later is better than never.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is a big difference between short and long term memory. Improving short term requires frequent, small excersizes. Short term memory loss occures with age but the process can be sped up with any sort of substance abuse. Caffiene and/or poor diet can also contribute to a loss of short term memory function.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 32yrs • M •
Hey what kind of exercises would help my short term memory loss? and sense when did caffiene and poor diet hurt your short term memory loss? dang no wonder why i cant remember what i did yesterday, and i cant even remember it until a couple of days later or maybe not at all.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Smoking and any kind of drug (including caffeine) is bad for you everyone knows that, but lets take smoking as an example
"tobacco contains an agonist called nicotine, a compound that activates a class of receptors called nicotinic receptors." "Agonists are substances which mimic the effect of the natural neurotransmitter molecule on the receptor whereas antogonists inhibit the action of the natural neurotransmitter." Basically if you start screwing around with substances that change the natural running of the brain you have got to expect some side effect to your memory functioning.

My suggestion, eat as healthily as possible and cut out all the unhealthy substances like caffeine and nicotine and alcohol, excersice regularly to keep your blood flow to the brain full of oxygen and do lots of brain excercises as well as excersicing your other muscles, like reading, maths games, chess, crosswords that sort of thing, oh and I personally think computer strategy games are good too!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Endless Feed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
After running like 3 miles, I was able to easly remember it, wierd. ANyway, the more distant the even becomes, the better my recall becomes of it. Now its clear.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I forget names and faces the instant I see them, so I have to put together mnemonics to get them better ingrained, lest I lose them. Sometime whimsicle and quick works best for me, i.e "Red Hair, That'd be Claire"- I just say that once in my head and boom- got her in. Also, if you've got a deck of cards handy, pull one card off the top of the pile and put it in another, and occasionally reverse order, going faster and faster, then you'll get the memories of the cards and what's next to them. Once it gets too easy- shuffle! I usually do this a few times before I start studying for exams- for some reason it really helps me. Good for cramming as well, but in no way am I advertising procrastination.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm it must be different for all people, because.. ^_^; I kind of do all three of those bad things, (not regularly, but enough for most people to notice a change) but I keep up with my memory as if I've never done them.

sure there's that thing about not being able to hold more than... 10 I wanna say "items" in your short term memory, but I don't think that's really within my control since I don't actually take time out and persue building my memory.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 32yrs • M •
i run play games play chess play online stategy games and other things yet my memory still sucks.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that washingmypirate is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Haahhaa I forget what day it is most of the time. Hmmm maybe its carbon emmissions. Or maybe people have always had bad memories and just hid it from the rest of society.

"Shengising Nugget"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy