Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What makes you Happy?

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What makes you Happy?
There seems to be so much negativity going around right now. Almost as if everyone on CC is at their lowest.

I was hoping to try and redress the balance by starting a thread that people feeling down about life and all its pressures can come to and think upon what makes them keep getting up in the morning and going on despite all these horrible things.

It can be the most important thing to you in the world, like your family or your partner. Or it can be the simplicity of just
hanging out with friends.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love the way life looks from the back of a horse, and the feeling of camaraderie you get when riding.

At times like these I can become so very happy all because of a simple natural event, like noticing spring buds on a tree for example. I went riding one summers evening with a couple of kids, and we were having so much fun we forgot the time. So by the time we hacked home it was pitch dark! (The parents are still not talking to me, and have forbidden their kids to ride with me now, sigh!)

But anyway I wanted to tell you how exquisitely happy I felt riding home under that mantle of silent darkness (we couldn't even see the ground and had to trust implicitly in our horses -who BTW see very well in the dark).
We sat dead quite as we rode by, just listening to the nights sounds: owls hooting, distant dogs barking, and the whole world seemingly turned in on itself, with just us three (an unlikely trio in any other circumstance) as witness.

It was exquisite happiness...

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sanity101 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I consider myself a philosopher of sorts and a scientist.
I always have so many questions. The questions plauge me untill I find the answer. It was once tourture, Dealing with these HUGE questions. Now however ive found a unique peace in my own questioning. These questions, These misquito like annoinces of questions are now accepted with open arms.
Trying to solve questions makes my happy.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My Bosnian neighbors lived through a war. Their house was burned down. Their relatives got raped repeatedly. Half of their community was killed. They hid in the forest from the soldiers. They had no food for their two girls who are still alive. They live in peace here now, they can not get over their past pains.

I have the luxury of living a peaceful life. Everyone I care about is alive and unharmed. That makes me happy.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • M •
The Begining is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Good friends

Sometimes we would just lounge on the couch an dream of stupid things like cows who when milked gives out mountain dew and before you drink it they have to test it just make sure its not urine.
Or just lounge on the couch thinking watching TV
acting like life is simple and politicians are morons for not seeing it like we do

"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner."
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The people that love you no matter what.

They can just sit there and you could ring them at 3am because you had a bad dream and they won't hang up until they make you smile.

The ones that see you as beautiful and not all the negative things that others have tried to convince you to believe were true.

The ones who just need to smile and nothing else in the world matters.

The ones that won't ever do anything in the world to you accept love you.

Love makes me happy

on a different subject....

ITS MY BIRTHDAY IN TWO DAYS AND IM GETTING A GREENDAY POSTER YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being given to opprotunity to live and experience what we call life makes me happy

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
CaptainCynic makes me happy, both the mascot and the website itself =)

Meeting new people and catching up with old friends.

Passing a difficult exam.

Overcoming fears/obsticles.

Recieving love and compliments of nearly any kind.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
My Bosnian neighbors lived through a war. Their house was burned down. Their relatives got raped repeatedly. Half of their community was killed. They hid in the forest from the soldiers. They had no food for their two girls who are still alive. They live in peace here now, they can not get over their past pains.

I have the luxury of living a peaceful life. Everyone I care about is alive and unharmed. That makes me happy.

That is a really profound post Attolia. Ive been thinking on this exact same thing for a while now.

And when the gunman shot those people at VT, I was reminded of it again.

What makes one person who went through the holocaust dedicate his entire life to teaching and making the world a better place after all he's suffered? Then sacriffice his life to save the lives of many?

While at the same time, what makes one man who really didnt have that bad a life compared to what you have described above, want to kill as many other humans as he can, because he doesn't like them?

I think what you said Attolia, about being able to see the world for what it is and be THANKFUL you and those you love are are alive and well, while others have suffered a thousand times what you have is one of the first steps towards true happiness.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ChokingV is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
finding smart, intelligent people makes me happy, along with good conversations and good music. and ironically smoking cigarettes makes me happy, i find it wierd. it makes me feel alive. there's a quote from someone that says something along the lines of "i know it's bad for me, but i scarcely feel as though i'm living unless i'm slowly killing myself" but unfortunatly, or possibly fortunatly, i'm quitting for my girlfriend. so no more smoking for me, but she's worth it. and i just realized how random this post is.

"i don't like the idea of "nothingness", it makes me anxious"
 46yrs • M •
fill_officer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Right now - Mary Chapin Carpenter's new single, On With The Song. It's a particularly moving piece about our troops and the war in Iraq. Very anti-war/anti-bush..... Any other MCC fans out there? Does anybody know why she cancelled her summer tour???

""music is what feelings sound like""
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My children make me happy - just watching the little one play in her imaginary little world with her imaginary friend Tooie and playing chess with my 10 year old daughter, even though she beats me every time and watching soppy American romantic teenage comedy sit coms and films with my 8 year old daughter who will end up turning into Hannah Montanna or Raven one of these days!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sky1234 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what make me happy... I guess what make me happy is to archive something that I been putting a lot of effort for, but most...i mean all the things that i recall that I've put effort for been trade not happiness, but the pain of heart broken. The basic instinct of an animal is to avoid pain ,and to me is the pain of seeing all my effort been put in to waste. For the readers, it may seem its an excuse to be lazy, and my object to it, but this is how i feel about happiness.

"Beware of the dog"
What makes you Happy?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy