Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why do women nag?

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gildon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why do women nag?
Why do women nag? What causes them to do it? Most of the time it doesn't bother me so much. Other times I get angry and I just want to throw something through my girlfriends face. I love her though. I usually need time to think and be away from her just to cool down. I don't like hurting anyone and I don't want to hurt her.

Her nagging is starting to piss me off. I want to understand why she nags.

"The thief is the heart, the world is in his pocket."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There seems to be some deep seated need in all women to try and correct any all flaws and percieved flaws in any guy they date. Once they have been dating you fror a certain period of time, the love goggles come off and they start to notice all the little things that you do that irritate them, and while a man can cope with these in a girlfriend, the girlfirend is unable to cope with them and feels the need to start nagging the guy to change these things until they are to her liking, however once you start to change the things, you will find that you are considered to be under the thumb, and therefore lack independence and become less interesting at which point the nagging starts on that subject instead of the original flaw. women will nag you whatever you do, so your best bet is to changeu ntil you reach an optimum point between work necessary to appease one nag, and the amount of nagging the aforementioned change produces.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some women nag if you ignore what they tell you, especially if they think what they tell you is a simple and necessary thing. Maybe it's something we pick up from our parents, most likely our mothers, who nagged us to get things done, so we assume the same tactic in our relationships.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what men don't nag? Sure they do, it is more like men nag on different things than women.

32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*claps* thankyou Wayback ...men do nag to you know.. and moan...like "oh do we have to go shopping" and when we get there and pick you out something nice "yeah....its ok" lol and you nag cos women vaccuum when your watching football...or for one night in the week we would just like to SLEEP lmfao...haha

naggin men

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gildon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I actually don't mind shopping. And I'll willingly go shopping with Vanessa.

Vanessa is undoubtedly a beautiful woman. She is affectionate and passionate. We talk about a lot of things. We agree and usually come to compromise with things we don't agree on. I will come halfway with her anytime. She doesn't complain about the things I do for her.

I'm allowed to have space though. I like time to myself at least one hour every week. With that one hour I usually just go somewhere to have some fun. That's not too much to ask for.

And there are times when she will not meet me halfway. That is frustrating. I will do my best for her if she will try and do her best for me.

What I do always love is when she lets me know she appreciates the things I do for her.

"The thief is the heart, the world is in his pocket."
 36yrs • M •
Yeah on sober re-reading of my last post i notice it is a bit harsh at the very least. women do nag and doubtless men do as well, thought I would stand by the fact that men do tend to be more accepting of their partner as is than women do. I love my girlfriend dearly but the list of things she wants me to change is long, and many of the things she says i have equivalent feelings towards habbits of her's, however i can live with the things she does.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No need to back-track cynic. I prefer your drunk comments.

Women nag more than men. FACT. End of discussion.

""No words""
 32yrs • F
no. lol women and men nag equally but normally men moan about the woman with there friends not to the woman ...right? lol and i never nag my one, we talk about things and not argue. and we love to debate so if you hear us shouting its not that we are argueing..were just in a heated debate lol but i dont tell him to change himself because I Love Him for who he is.

36yrs • M •
looby, it isn't nagging if it isn't said to the person you have the problem with. men moan to their friends about things that annoy them about their girlfriends but don't actually try to get their girfriends to change (except in occasional cases where there is something that isl ikely to end the realtionship if not resolved), whereas women will generally happily tell their partner that he needs to change the way they look etc, even if they could live with it, they just seem to try and see if they can actually get everything they want.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought I'd finished this. lol.

A study found men talk about 7,000 words a day, whilst women talk on average 20,000 words a day. Also, men think about sex more than women, and women are more emotional. It doesn't take a genius to know that women nag more than men.

The question is why do women nag? I think women like the sound of their on voice.

""No words""
 32yrs • F
lmao...well with the men thinking about more sex then women.... thats not true for me... i write sex stories so i defently think about sex more then a male lmao and with the nagging...i dont think you could call it that when a women is telling there partner whats bugging them...wouldnt you rather know then have her annoyed and upset knowing your doing it?

as for nagging about looks...that is out of order i dont think man or woman should tell there love to change...if they want them to change there looks then they obviously dont love them for who they are...but anyhoo

to answer your question...women "nag" because they do...idk... maybe some women are just more open? a question to make this even with the sexes ...

Why do most men act like pigs?

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As a 15 year old you are going to be thinking about sex a helofalot, I'd be worried if you were doing it even half as much as you were thinking about it.

As for nagging, don't even get me started.!

As a mother of three girls, two approaching their teenage years and a husband who thinks like a caveman, I nag because I don't particularly want to be running my household all on my own. Why the hell should I ? I'm a person as well as a mother and wife and general dogsboddy. I would like to occasionally get up on a Sunday morning and not have to wash up from yesterdays meal, put three loads of wahing on, hoover up a two year old's trail of biscuit crumbs, do piles of ironing, cook a fab Sunday meal for the family and try and organise children to sort themselves out for Monday at school (bookbags, homework etc.) .........shall I go on? Do I sound like an old nagging fishwife? Well Sorry guys that's life! Don't even get me started on nagging someone for just one cup of tea on a Sunday afternoon! By the way if you haven't noticed I'm having a shitty Sunday

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • F
aww *hugs* and ahhaha i dont do as much as i write lol....terms are impossible at le momento lol

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We will nag until you men turn into the Prince Charmings that floated around Barbie and the younger Olsen Twins. Frankly, your habit of leaving your socks lying around isn't helping. Only the mom in the family dramas does that, but she doesn't get dressed up and pretty for the prom, does she? (I'm being stereotypical, Sorceress, so please don't bite me.)

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Why do women nag?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy