Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Justice System

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Justice System
Should Juvenile's be tried as adults?
You would think that by 13 we would know right from wrong.
So shouldn't we be treated like we do?
Or since we are young we should be treated softly.
Yeah right.
Well its a big issue to lots of others so what is your thought on this?

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that blossom_brat is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a young gurl was killed on my home town grounds, and over what all kinds of rumors are flying around about how many times she was stabbed and where her body was found and was it GANG RELATED it was over cause the "killer" was tired of the victum stealing her clothes?...idk... but these women around here need to get their tubes tied,burn'd and w/ever else the docs can do to help these mothers stop the violence in our nation, beat them disown them give them up to someone who can raise them SOMETHING!! and what about the killer? whats with her? sittin at YJDC, with other children whose parents cant raise them right~is that why thier there? I mean wtf? my mother laid a few slaps on my back, im not sayin I turned out right, but I made it this far in life, I lived my life to the fullest, now Im going on with my life Im grown, Im goin to have a cub of my own.... he/she is not goin to end up like these little flookers here!! its depressing and angers me... Y???

""knowledge is my biggest influence" buju"
 32yrs • M •
So what is it? a slap on the hand for muder when a juvenile does it? Yet its life imprisonment for adults? That seems very FUBAR.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the debate over this issue isn't driven by whether or not a kid over 13 years old knows the difference between right and wrong. I think it's more the fact that a kid that young is comparable to a new car you just bought. If something went wrong with it during the first few years you wouldn't just send it to the junk heap. No, you'd probably try to fix it. Humans hold a high sentimental value to things that are new. Rarely do they condemn them as broken beyond repair... at least not without a little effort.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 32yrs • M •
IF of course the parents care about the kids. Look at my post on KIDS THESE DAYS. And youll see why i am a little confused on this. I almost beilieve if the parents aren't to helpfull they should take the punishment along with the kids.

32yrs • M •
Preventing them from killing when they re older? I asked about this because i am in debate class and i wanted to know others opinon about this. Well the reason i might have a little bit of a different point of view is i have read about cases were a 46 ur old guy killed a pregnant mothers child because she wouldnt give him 5 cents. Then he continued to follow her home whle she suffered and took 5 cents. And some other ones are 9-12 yr old shooting or stabbing other kids over things like barbie dolls getting lapped in the face. And other small issues. So should juveniles be tryed as adults or should they do it in some way were the parents serve along with the kids. i f they parents dont show there children that death means someone is not coming back and that killing is something that should only happens in games and movies. And that you aren't supposed to ruin lives with the pull of a trigger. That you should think all of your actions through before you do them. And consider the consequences. Because when alot of juvenile offenders are asked why they do things they say "I don't know"
or "I wasn't thinking". Doesn't that say something to dyou?

28yrs • M •
Jacrat is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i don't understand a single word u guys are sayin. i'm confused! i'm too young to die of confusion!

35yrs • F •
MsCynic is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
When those under a legal age commit some sort of heinous crime, the goal is not to throw them in jail as one might an adult, for it is the general belief (at least from those I've heard from in the legal business) that they ought to first be corrected for their crime. In essence, it's thought that these kids may still get help while they're young, so that such crimes do not become habit or continue on into adulthood. Such is the reason for simply sending them to juvenile prisons and counseling.

Mind you, if a juvenile is before a court for his/her third murder, I highly doubt he/she will be tried still as a juvenile, considering the situation. Then again, most cases truly are situational to begin with.

32yrs • M •
I have wondered what would happend if they made it so everyone was punished the same no matter the age. Would the crime rate go down among juveniles once they realize that they will no be treated lightly?

28yrs • M •
Jacrat is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hey mscynic, thanks for explaining that-stuff to me, if that's what you were doin'

35yrs • F •
MsCynic is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Not especially, but I'm glad to be of help.

Justice System
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy