I wish I could stand on a street corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me their wasted hours - Star Man
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does she want to break up? Or is she confused?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have been with my amazing girlfriend for 2 years and 2 months. On our 2 year anniversary I gave her a promise ring to show her my commitment and love for and to her. We had a great balance in our relationship, we never fought EVER and always had fun. We always made each other laugh and always came to agreements on contrasting opinions. We did actually fight once but it was only cause we were both drunk and since then we thought better of it.

Well here is my situation. A few weeks ago I noticed something was wrong with her. She was acting a little strange. We went to a dance and while we were dancing I noticed it seemed like it was bothering her to dance with me. She said she felt sick. So later on that night I asked her what was wrong and I know something is up. She told me she didn't know how she felt about me anymore. She didn't know if she liked me as a friend or a boyfriend. It hit really hard, and I didn't expect it at all. I was completely happy and satisfied and in very passionate love with her still after all this time. I broke down after she told me how she wasn't sure anymore. After that i told her I hoped that she wouldn't give up just yet, and to keep fighting because I know she loves me, or atleast did! The things we have felt together and experienced was to intimate to just fade away out of no where like this. Well time went on and she said none of her feeling has changed and she still has no idea what she wants. But she said it felt like a burden to be with me and it made her sick to be with me because she felt like everything she did and said was all a lie. She did not want to lie to me at all and it hurt her to "act". So eventually we both decide to seriously end this and move on.

After we broke up I went back a couple times to return certain things to her that I had at my place. It was really hard. The last time I went I almost lost my mind. I just lashed out and kissed her passionately and we both sat down to talk. We talked for a while and the situation remained the same. I told her there was no way possible I could move on.... I just can't because I love you way to much. The only way I can move on is if you honestly tell me you want me to move on.
She said: "Zach I.. I don't love you like that anymore.....I think you should move on..."
I knew I shouldn't of kissed her.

Previously that day I had written down a whole bunch of questions that I really needed truthfully answered before I could move on. Before I left i asked her all of them.
One being: "Can you right now be a friend with me and not be bothered by it at all?!"
She said: "Yes"
The fact that she wasn't in any pain throughout this whole breakup was one of the hardest things to swallow. I was in all this pain alone.
She said: "But I would always want to kiss you Zach. It just feels right to kiss you. Your the only friend that I could kiss and it not feel weird."
I am completely confused......
I also noticed right then that she was wearing my Promise ring that she had previously taken off.
I asked her why she was wearing that if she doesn't Love me like that anymore.
She said: "Because I'm not over you yet... and it reminds me of you and I like thinking about you."
I am completely confused again..
How can she be in no pain through all of this and still not be over me? And if she isnt over me!!! That means she still has SOME feelings for me! And WHY would it feel right to kiss me if she doesn't love me anymore like that!?
I have been in so much pain and agony because of all of what is going on in my life right now.

This is the end. Right before I left I told her that this would be the last time I came over to talk to her, because I had come over a few times since we broke up and I don't want to feel like a stalker.
I said: "I won't be back.."
Right then I handed her a letter.. She grabbed it and before I let go of it I looked her right in the eyes and said.."Promise me Ann.. promise me right now that you will NEVER ever open this letter - if or until the day that you love me back with all your heart and soul as I do to you right now!" She promised.

The letter said: " I still and always will love you. I've been waiting for you."

I simply said goodbye with my eyes..I said nothing.
Then I turned around and said have a good life, and walked away.
As I walked away she said quietly - "I love you" (but she already had been saying I love you to me but she meant as a friend would say it. Which made me hurt more)

I walked out the door, and now a week later I am still in terrible shape and still wonder if I did the right thing.

My guess is that either she has fallen for another guy or she simply wants to live the single life because she is only 17. (Parties and Drugs/Alcohol and Crazy friends. Lets not forget flirting and dating.)
I asked her if I had scared her at all and she told me she honestly wasn't scared of commitment or anything. The ring was fine and all was good. She says she simply lost her feeling for me......but I just can't accept that..

Any thoughts?

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Endless Feed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is no doubt a hard thing to go through, Episode 666 of your life is without a question the worst. Personaly, it seems to me your girl friend isnt sure of what she is. There is a famous psychologist named Eric Ericson, he said that during the stage of 12-18 or so you feel that you belong somewhere and you found your self, and your trying to find your self, or you feel confused and just a number. You said she was 17, im gussing she is trying to change and find who she really is in person. I had these kind of episodes of just what she did, a year ago, before I found my self. My advice is i know it burns, letting go and feeling lonley sucks. But try and interprit of what you should do. I personaly will say that I believe that it is still possible to once again, get in touch with her, and start dating again. Or you could maybe find another girlfriend if you really belief its over. To me it dosent seem that its ended.

44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Digital_Kitten is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Zach - does it matter whether she is confused or wanting to break up with you? If one is different from the other, would you act differently?

"Don't tell me there is only black and white."
 37yrs • M •
I still don't know why she broke up with me, and I must come to understand that it won't change anything if I were to understand it. Although it might help me move on faster. I just keep telling myself she is gone and nothing I can say or do will change anything. I just hope someday I can find the intimacy I once had.

I have also come to realize that I feel completely purposeless after I lost her. She was my purpose, my hope, my lover, my bestfriend and my whole life. And she is gone. This void is much larger than I expected and I feel like quivering in this feeling of despair.

I need to find a purpose devoid of relying on other people before I ever consider loving again.

Am I the only one who feels completely devoid of a purpose?

Who am I? Why am I here? Who made me and what did they make me for? I feel alone.. help.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Endless Feed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know your feeling well, and from there I have basicly made a goal to break teh void, under a difforent agenda. Anything you believe the mind will achieve. So you must first start to believe you have a purpose, dont just sit around and be like I have no meaning why dont I kill my self. Your life will get better. You will find another chick sometime in your life. Give it time, and just believe there will be a better tomorw. For now, just simply believe you have a purpose. What to do, is something that your own mind will solve.

37yrs • M •
I have found hope, and that is what will pull me through all of this pain. Thank you.

30yrs • M •
TypicalABE is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the exact thing has happend to me, she is not sure wheather or not she still has the same feeling towards me that i do for her, i feel supprised, lost, hurt, and angry. what should i do? im totaly out of ideas. and to top it off it just started raining. who the hell did i piss off to get a day like this?

"life is like a book where you never know when its gonna end, you just keep reading."
 41yrs • M •
Ry Guy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I went through the same thing only it was an 8 year relationship. I personally think it is better to move on. Don't waste your time trying to fix things like I did. Working on your self esteem does wonders in the healing process. Eventually I didn't want my ex anymore. Going back to college and working out is how I improved my life. I have more options now in women because of it. It is all about confidence and I don't think crawling back to her is going to get her back. Once you have confidence you will probably not want her back.

40yrs • M •
Samuel1234 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Its lil different in my case , I am in relationship with this girl for 3 years and there was a time when she use to say that she doesnot see me as her husband as i am not successfull enough or not settled yet. I am in the beginning of my career. I earn more than 80 k and i am an engineer. She recently started earning a lil more than me. She initially used to say that I dont match upto her expectation in terms of looks , height and not financially stable but we still decided to stay together and eventually she asked me to move in with her . Then there was a time that she wanted me to get married to her and I wanted to visit my home country and then come back and tie a knot but I was never in two thoughts abt marrying her. I wanted to marry her and came up with a mind of marrying her right away but when i was in my home country I couldnt keep in touch with her everyday. So she found some new friends in the meetup and went to vegas to party alone as well. When i came back , she came to pick me up but i got that she dint tell me that she is going to vegas, and since that she has completely changed she is begging me to leave her and move . she says wants to wait and date other people and checkout the options abd thinks her heart doensnt want this , She went to a ppoint where she said . she may be a polygamist and that was a shock to me. I dont wanna leave and trust her that she hasnt done anything behind me and she brave enough to tell me if she does something. We had two fights as wel during last three years , in which we got a lil physical and she says she is not able to forget all inspite of my promise that i will never go to that extent and I am true abt that. It was my mistake and its something i shoulnot be forgiven for. but what should i do now should i let her go . even after that fights she ovecome all that wanted to marry before me going to home country and suddenly she has started atalking abt all the mistakes i ahve done in this realtionship and she says she wants to live he rsingle life and wants to explore more options . what should i do now ???

33yrs • M •
vicky123 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi zack...I am very curious to know the date of birth of your girl friend. .may be after that I can suggest you something. ..also please write about your dob ..

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BHU is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Finding a new girlfriend is 10X more difficult than finding a new job.

Those are my thoughts.

They are both in the same category. If your employer doesn't want you anymore what can you do?

You should have married her that way it would not have been so easy for her to have left you.

29yrs • M •
loner124 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
What if your girl friend keeps saying whats the point in life anymore and bye because her family gives her a hard time and treats her like crap? Then she appologizes the next day and tells you she loves you? Any advise??? I love this girl more than anything in the world, id never walk out on her or leave her, and id never give up on us, i just dont know what to do help

40yrs • M •
caspaas is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
this is almost exactly what happened to me my fiancé also all of the sudden broke up and changed im also very confused she has some sort of guilt i dont know

34yrs • F •
caylamella is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My husband has abandon me and the kids for the the past 8months now, and refuse to come back because he was hold on by a woman whom he just met, for that, my self and the kids has been suffering and it has been heel of a struggle, but I decide to do all means to make sure that my family come together as it use to, then I went online there I saw so many good talk about this spell caster whose email is onimalovespell@gmail. com so I had to contact him and explain my problem to him and in just 3days as he has promised, my husband came home and his behavior was back to the man i got married to. I cant thank the spell caster enough for what he did for me, i am so grateful and i will never stop to publish his name on the internet for the good work he has done for me,once again his email is onimalovespell@gmail. com

58yrs • M •
Pete Alfred is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hurray people, something awesome just happened few days ago. My wife who has already divorced me came back.... All special thanks to Priestessmunak@ gmail. com, a spell woman with a difference who help me bring back my ex wife in just two weeks she is a great spell witch she can grant any help in any kind of problem, She is honest and does what he says she will do, She gave me much confident when i met her and she did bring my wife back..

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy