Do what makes you happy. For those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Seeking Advice About an Online Friend

User Thread
 40yrs • F •
Sessha is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am torn. I have a friend online who I respect and care for a great deal. I believed the feeling is mutual since that is what she has told me before. Now I am not so sure.

We really got to know each other more because we participated in the same RP (roleplaying game) together where she was a mod. When that fizzled out in a not-so-nice way, the other players pointed the blame at her but I was the only one to stick up for her. At one time after that had settled down, she told me that if she ever decided to go back into RP again, she would be "honored" to have me RP right there with her. Her words made me happy 'cause I knew she was still hurt over what happened. She even said to keep an eye out for any "good" RP's and let her know.

To make a long story short, right now I am a little jealous and a whole lot hurt. She is now a part of a new RP and she did not invite me along nor did she really even tell me which one it was. (I only found out one day when I was on my search looking for one and noticed that she had already applied recently.)

The other night I did something very childish, I admit. We were chatting on IM when all of a sudden she got "quiet"... when she finally DID respond much, much later I knew why it took her so long and I really felt like I was being a nuisance more than anything else. So I did not respond back and I eventually did sign-off without even telling her goodbye. I was just... upset and REALLY hurt.

The next morning I felt bad for what I did and sent her an email apologizing and explaining that I did not want to bother her anymore than I already had because I knew she was writing her little 'ol RP post and that was why I purposely "ignored" her. Sent the email and she never, ever responded back. She always responds whenever I send her an email but this is the first time ever that she has not... and I worry that I might have pissed her off or worse.

I am avoiding signing on any IM programs in fear that I might have to confront her... I really am afraid that I might have messed up a very special friendship that I really do value because I did something stupid. I am just hurt that she "forgot" about me... and the words that she said before when she was trying to recover, I feel like that was all just to get her back on her feet and to go on her merry way without me.

Right before this, she said that I have earned her loyality... but know I am scared I broken that. What should I do? Should I just sign-on and wait for her to say something? Am I making a big deal out of this? Any help/advice appreciated!

"Two wrongs don't make a right but one wrong isn't right either."
 40yrs • F •
Sessha is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would say she does not look at me as "just some online girl"... I mean, she is a fantastic knitter and she even made me something and mailed it to me. And I know she is always there to help others. Even if I did not know her and I just happen to spot her giving advice to someone, I would think she is a really nice person.

That said... I like what you did say about having my heart to respect. She knows I am a very private person and have trouble opening up when it comes to my feelings. For her, it might be ten times more difficult.

40yrs • F •
Oh... I know and she knows she is not perfect either. (I always joke to her about how blunt and forward she can be sometimes, heh.)

Your advice does make the most sense and I know I am going to have to put aside my own insecure fears and just be honest with her. I just know no matter who it is, I have that fear of what someone's response is going to be. I think I better gather up all my courage and try it, probably tomorrow if I can. Otherwise it will keep bugging and bugging me.

As far as your question goes... Well, the RP group had 3 mods. Apparently various things led up to where 2 of the mods just resigned their positions one night after a disagreement, but still wanted to remain as players. (They are like two peas in a pod) She got up the next morning and noticed that they had dropped as mods and she made the personal decision to end the game there. Her reason was she thought that these negative feelings would spill over into the game and she did not think that was fair. (In a way, it was already happening before that) That is pretty much how it went down in a nutshell.

40yrs • F •
Okay, a small update... I had to email her cause we both have apparently been really busy lately. I was just honest with her and poured out my feelings into the email. She replied back to me not too long ago with the most beautiful email ever... if I was the overly-emotional type, I probably be crying up a storm here! She is such a nice friend..... I am so lucky to know her.

So Decius, if you read this, I want to personally thank you for your advice and support! Not only has a weight been lifted off my shoulders but now we both know where we stand (together of course!)--and our friendship is even stronger and closer now because of it. You gave me that push and I will be forever grateful, seriously!

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Decius, You're the king. ROFl. good work.

I also seem to have a problem with confrontation...with people I like anyway. fear of losing them or rejection most likely. -_-;;

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
<THANK YOU> That's exactly what it happening to me as I am attempting to type this response. I've been thinking about that for a little over a month now. I do not know why I haven't seen it before.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • F •
It is a contradiction, but you usually get so wrapped up in the most absolute worst response imaginable anyway, that you almost forget if they are your friend, then they would at the very least listen and try to help and be there.

That's why I needed someone else to slap me and get me back on the right path, hehe.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy