With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. - Max Ehrmann
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Drunken

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Drunken
Who here thinks getting drunk is a bad thing?
Just wondering. (Seeing that im really tipsy at the moment)

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just as long as it's in a controlled environment.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
having some drinks and getting tipsy is fine, but getting completely smashed is stupid.

35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

I don't like the idea of getting intoxicated, which is why I never will. I have no reason to (is there ever a valid reason?), so it's pointless really. I like to be able to maintain my reasoning abilities.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Any situation where you are not in complete control over yourself is a potentially harmful one. Both to you and those around you.

Drink responsibly. And at home. It's drunk people who run over people and animals. And don't drink when family's around. It's drunk parents that abuse their kids and disappoint their families. I hate all those people. I absolutely hate them.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it depends on the person. To me, alcohol is a poison, it makes me sick. There is only one time in my life I got stinking drunk where I couldn't walk or talk. I went to bed and woke with the rising sun and felt like a million bucks. I was drinking expensive wine with expensive German bear and good pizza, the combination must have just been perfect, but most of the time, two drinks and my stomach is hurting.

Believe it or not, in real life I'm very quiet, hardly talk to anyone and sometimes I need to have a couple drinks to open up, and I'm always happy when I drink.

Other people get alcohol in them and they become a raging bull and usually end up getting arrested. I've seen people really do stupid things after they drank to much.

Some people have a genetic disorder, when alcohol goes threw their liver, it turns into a highly addictive hallucinogenic drug. One drink and they are hooked, and those people should never drink.

Everybody is different and it is different for everybody, so I don't think there is a canned answer for everyone on this.

Its important to know yourself and to know what's good for you and what isn't and only you can figure that. I think the 21 age drinking stuff is stupid. You need to drink when you are at home under your parents supervision where it is safe until you can know what is good for you and what isn't.

The greatest amount of alcohol abuse occurs at 21 when you're finally legal and you have a drivers license. That isn't the way it should be, and we know it but we're too stubborn to admit it. But it's true, other countries where children are allowed to drink have much less alcohol abuse.

In the bible it says to give those who are broken hearted strong drink. Now days we have anti-depresents, back then, they had wine. And even now, it is more convinient to just have a drink then to go to a doctor and get a prescription, and by then, you might alrealy be over it.

There is a time for everything under the sun - even a time to have to much to drink for some people.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okcitykid I agree.
I only drink at home or at my friends house in a safe enviroment.
And I have only actually been smashed once.
Tipsy is about all I like.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For most people a drink does one well. It helps bring them back to Earth. But, like all drugs there are users and abusers.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
And how do we control a potentially dangerous substance from being abused?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've got smashed several times. It wasn't nice. I dont regret it. I dont regret anything actually-what does it achieve?

After 9-5 of work and exercise, its good to have something to have as a luxury. For me its alcohol. I like it. And if I push it too far-well, there's another boundary pushed.

""No words""
 64yrs • M •
quote:
And how do we control a potentially dangerous substance from being abused?

You don't, you can't, or at least not the substance. That war on drugs has been going on for some time and they never win, and I guess the media doesn't want to tell us that the government is loosing, so we don't hear about it so much anymore.

We need to get rid of the reason for drug abuse, that's no easy trick.

A lot of ugly things go in our world, even in our own niegborhoods. Everyone was shocked when that banker stabs his two twins, but we're all to busy watching friends and survivor on TV to see whats really happening in our real world.

I guess if you know someone abusing drugs or alcohal, you incourage them to seek help and if you are ever asked to vote for opening a halfway house in your nieghboorhood or a tax increase for drug rehabilitation, don't vote no. That really is small potatoes against a very large problem. As an individual that is about all you can do, you might find a group of some kind that can do more.

Passing laws is not a solution, it has been tried and retried and all you do is end up with more criminals but no solutions, we need to rid the cause.

35yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that vigil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
we need to rid the cause.

I think the key cause would be lack of intrapersonal skills. People not knowing how to deal with their problems rationally, or just not wanting to deal with them at all. How do you teach anyone to deal with their problems, before they get too far into the substance abuse? If they are determined to believe that getting drunk "helps" them, how do you convince them otherwise?

64yrs • M •
The Navy's interpretation of substance abuse is when you are willing to sacrifice your job or your family to get that high, I think that is an acceptable answer.

I don't believe that simply getting drunk to drown is your sorrows is substance abuse. But if you believe it is, then you should never do it.

Me - I'll have two or three drinks (because I'm a lite weight and thats about what it takes). I don't think there is anything wrong with that and you're not going to convince me that it is.

Everybody is different - for me, it makes me happy, it opens me up and helps me express myself. But it might work differently for you and may not work well at all for you. But I'm not you and you're not me.

36yrs • F •
The problem with most laws and regulations is that they deal with an issue after it gets out of hand (ie- giving more attention to AIDS treatment vs. better saf-sex education.) Alcohol is the same thing. Bartenders should have a limit on how many drinks they can give a person.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wormtownandy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its true that they don't deal with the problem until its out of hand, but with alcohol you can't limit how much people can get. they can just go to different bars or drink as much as they want at home. it seems like the only solution is to better educate young people about the dangers of it. i don't think they should just tell kids not to drink, because that just adds the "forbidden fruit" factor and makes kids want to do it even more, but they should teach kids about doing it responsibly.

Drunken
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy