For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected (Timothy 4:4) - God created you! - Extreame Angel
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Bored

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bored
Other than our necessities being fulfilled why do we go on doing things? What is so bad about sitting there with yourself? We work to survive and then go on doing things for no true reason. When we have nothing to do we say we are bored. Who decided being bored was a bad thing? What are we running from? Could it be the fear of our own mortality?

"Dark and silent and complete."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im not afraid of anything. i just enjoy feeling "good." boredom is not a bad feeling, but it does bring about bad feeling, thoughts rather. im sure there are some people who still have no dealt with there own mortality, but i have. so i fear other things. i do not fill my time with things that avert my thoughts of those things, but with the things that make me feel good. thats why i do things. to feel "good."

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are no ordinary moments. Boredom shouldn't exist.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M •
Then why does it?

36yrs • M •
Ignorance. Ignorance to what is happening. All things are to be enjoyed for the teachings present. Boredom is no longer an issue when your mind is open to the present teachings.

35yrs • M •
Not at all, wishin to learn... in order to be fully open to all other teachings is one thing, but to wish to learn them is an escape from the self. But why do we do such things?

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i beleive all people act in self interest. i also beleive all people want to feel "good." so we do things because it feels good.
i dont know how much simpler i can put it.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
Yes not all want to learn and that is why boredom still walks amoung us. Why do people do it? People lack understanding to what is real and true.

35yrs • M •
Jacker people will always lack understanding of what is real and true and I believe that you seem to think you have gotten some where with your little thoughts and ideas. I'm also willing to step out on a limb here and say you know nothing.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Boredom is simply an emotion. It is specifically a reactive product of having to do something you don't want to do, not being able to do what you want to do, something dull, tedious or repetitive. Lacking interest in something or having too much spare time can also cause boredom. Thats why we get bored and that it exists. Boredom itself, is of course a natural/social behaviour. To say boredom shouldn't exist is denying boredom as a natural behavioural technique. Boredom perhaps is more common amongst materialistic societies such as in the Western world.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
Ancient: You're right I know nothing.... in comparison to the wisdom of God. Everyone gets somewhere with thoughts and ideas. Why do I fill up my tank with gas on certain days of the week? Because I think and use simple economics to save money. Would you say that get me somewhere? Do you think that Einstein didn't have thoughts and ideas? Without thoughts and ideas we are nothing but animals that live on instinct.

Summit: We do not choose emotion it chooses us. No one chooses to be angry, it happens. But do we really choose boredom. It's all really a frame of mind. Ask someone why something's boring. They will have the predictable answer of it's tedious, dull, repetitive, too much time etc. When you are on you're deathbed will you view living like this? No you wont you'll appreciate every minute. Which is why no moment is ordinary. If someone truly realized this nothing in their life would be boring.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
JackerJones: Boredom is an natural emotion which all encounter regardless if one is psychologically stable at a point in their lives. Emotions do not 'choose' us, because all emotional thought is automatically predetermined. We need a stimulis to provoke emotion. By no means am I disagreeing that emotions arise spontaneously, rather than through conscious effort. There are moments of ordinary. Appreciation one minute doesn't guarantee the next moment won't be filled with boredom. Emotions are counterbalanced. Every action has an emotional reaction.

Emotional responses, such as boredom, as well as a group's interpretation of its significance, may be influenced by cultural norms.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 35yrs • M •
I agree with summit here.

36yrs • M •
But can you do something about boredom. If you're bored can you solve it? Yes you do something entertaining or make it entertaining. Can you do something about emotion? No which is why boredom is not a emotion.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
every animal experiences boredom, they just arent really aware of it because they aren't senciant... watch your dog... it'll start doing something, then after a while it stops... because it gets bored of it... then comes asks you to play, then when you dont it goes to sleep because it's bored. we just always want to be doing something because we're made of energy.. even before culturalization, we were bored.

in otherwords, i half agree with summit

Bored
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy