Earth is crammed with heave, And every common bush afire with God; And only he who sees takes off his shoes. - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Stupid things we've done as kids - Page 3

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ooo that reminds me about my spaghetti-Os craze. i ate them basically every day in kindergarten.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm i guess the stupidist thing i did as kid was kinda getting stuck in the middle of a slide back in first grade. about a minute or so affter i stoped got thrown off the slide somehow and broke my wrist. moral is never stop in the middle of a slide.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I was young nobody knew what hand I was(right or left). I'm still not sure... I do things with both hands.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • F •
Fallen Angel is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My brother and my older cousin were playing football with their friends and I wanted to play to and they let me...I've hated football since.

I remembering watching the little mermaid at like four years old and for some reason I wanted to see if I was a mermaid. On that same day my father and uncle took me to watch them fish at the river. I jumped in and my uncle saved me.

At that same age I thought elves where the coolest. How I knew what elves where was because my dad got me started to introduce me to D&D at a VERY young age. So we're going on a picnic and of course I'm running through the thick and rough trail with ease till we get to the clearing where I fall down adn get a twig in my eye, almost went blind in my right eye.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Damn D, those made me laugh real hard.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The list is too long, but I went on a summer camp in Massachussetts, where for a week I rock climbed and white-water rafted, caved, and hiked until my feet were sore. Seven days went by and the worst injury recieved was a papercut one of the guides had on the way down reading the map.
On the way home, the counselors decided to reward us with a trip to Attitash, a land of mountain bikes and downhill bobsleds and luges. There was this gal I was digging pretty good there, and I decided that the best way to impress her was to go hit the skate park. I've skateboarded for a couple years, but they were out. So me, being the idiot that I was, rented a pair of rollerblades. I then went outside, climbed first and foremost onto an eight-foot quarterpipe (Outdoors, slipping on the way up due to the fact it was slightly raining) and then jumping off and setting my feet somehow as if I were on a skateboard. I broke one wrist officialy and later was revealed that I fractured every bone in the other one as well. As I wrote this, and I'm counting, my wrists cracked a total of fourteen times. Arthritis, here I come!
I also, prior to being toilet trained, had a habit of deficating in my pants, then hiding them somewhere where no one would notice- as if a half-naked kid doesn't give you enough clue about that. Those were the times. "lol"

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sledding down a steep hill after a down pour of rain that made the slickest mud mountain you could ever imagine. my parents weren't too happy when I walked in the door drenched in mud from head to toe. But damn, that was the funnest thing I've ever done as a kid.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 39yrs • M •
eightball365 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"I'm pretty sure I was either 4 or 5 when this happened. Okay, here's the deal. When I saw The Little Mermaid when I was little the scene where Ariel's voice is taken away by Ursela really irked me.. It scared me to see her voice turn into a glowing ball that the sea witch steals from her. It's so creepy! Anyway, somehow, in my head, I thought a person's imagination was in their throat. I guess I had concluded, from the Little Mermaid, that the most important things were located in your throat or something like that. Anyway, I'm standing in the driveway with my sisters and a bunch of their friends playing. My sisters knew about my whole 'imagination is in your throat' thing and told one of their friends. Their friend then did the whole "got your nose!" thumb trick to me, but instead of moving their hand from my face they moved it from my throat and said "Got your imagination! Got your imagination!" I freaked out. I started crying loudly, shouting "Give me back my imagination!"over and over. I think they eventually gave it back to me or my parents took me inside or something. I'm weird. "

Takemeseriously, I think you just described how all superstitions found their roots.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that FreakishOne is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm..once I choked on a quarter while waiting for the ice cream man.

Then, when I was like 6 or something I was watching Matilda and I had myself convinced that I had "special powers", and I tried for the longest time to open doors and make things hover with my mind.

"Give me the freedom to destroy"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I was about 2 I was playing with crayons and wanted to know how many could fit up my nose so I shoved a bunch of whole crayons up my nose and showed my mom. She took them away and told me to watch tv, but I had not finished counting. My mom did not know I had broken crayons in my room so I ran in there and continued to put crayons up my nose. I came out of my room and told my mom it would not come out, the piece I put up my nose was a bit to small to be pulled out. An ambulance ride to the emergency room later I had a crayon free nose and a new coloring book, which was given to me by a nurse but sadly they refused to give me new crayon. Good times, good times...I think that's one of my safes stories

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that brave_phantom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ohhhh i did many things strange and never forget even one of them. i'll mention only 1 and if u want more reply to this and tell me.
first, when i was in the range 12-15 i was enjoying playing with fire. i used to burn anything when no one at home and through it out of any hidden window !! yes its real....one time i burned journal and got confused coz i had huge fire i had never excpected, so as usual i through it out. but it was too late coz it hit the ground and made large effect. i tried to hide it by another peice. and put the burned under carpet. but after few days mum said whats that under the carpet?!!! and that was the end

"he who has many friend has no friend to spare, but he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol, i like that freakish one.

the first on tht comes to mind is when i was in about first or second grade I had a fight with my mom and told her I was running away. I made it as far as out the door before i came back inside to ask for a muffin. I then "rad away" crying and eating my muffin to my friend Tabatha's house. her mom always made me call home before I played there so I had to call my mom and tell her that I was at Tabatha's. She sent my sister over to get me. My running away was pretty short lived.

Another good one is the time my sister let me play truth or dare with her and some of her friends. we played where we had three options and got points for doing the hardest dare. my three dares form my sister were 1. Punch Jennifer in the face. 2. Punch Jennifer in the face or 3. punch jennifer in the face. I was just happy to be included with the older girls and knew that if I didn't I wouldn't get to play. So I punched her and she ran home crying. I was grounded for two weeks...

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 31yrs • M •
Jac The Young is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i tried to run away too, it was in2000, i was 5. I ran away planning to meet the coolest people in the world, the looney toons.i came back for some ice cream and decided i could see them on tv instead, since i would have to go to nasa and take space ship to get to tv world where they lived.lol.

"I think the the bottle is half full, not half empty."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think i was around 3-5.i guess i was going through that "mine" phase.but it was different for me.there was only one thing that HAD to be mine.Wal-Mart.whenever we drove by a wally-world i would alway say "theres my walmart!".and my dad ALWAYS had to fuck with me.he would say "nuh-uh.thats my walmart".and that would make me genuinly pissed."NO! THATS MY WALMART!!!!".and that went on for a minute or two and my dad would just look at me and laugh.i didnt talk to him for a few minutes after that.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well when i was younger my brother and i thought it was funny to shoot bb guns at eacho ther untill one day he used a pellet gun and shot me in my ass where i still have a mark and it happen when i was like 11 there is so many other things but it hard to remember them all right now

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
Stupid things we've done as kids - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy