Insanity is the spice of life. One small dash can add flavour to the blandest personality. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

effected by reading

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
effected by reading
are any of you effected by reading literature... example:

my english teacher laughs, crys, and screams when she reads a book... literaly, she cried in front of my class.

some people get "touched" or "englightened" by certain poetry.

I just dont get people like that, i cant connect to any literature and get "touched" by it unless it is a book that makes you think.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would say that I at times am touched by literature. I cried when I read Les Mesarables. And Lonesome Dove. But I have read lots of books and that was the only times I showed emotion. it all comes down to self control.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you have to be able to put yourself inside the book. its easier to empathize with real people than just words. all you have to do though, is find a story that is in tune with your thought process.

it doesnt happen often, but ive gotten pretty emotional over a few books - Perks of Being a Walflower, Flowers for Algernon, and The Cardinal of the Kremlin all got to me in different ways.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes books and literature have an astounding effect on people especially when they can relate to what they are reading. Usually emotion comes to me when I can relate a past experience to what's happening to the author or protagonist.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes perks of being a wallflower.. when he is with that girl but won't ingage in sex cause a bad past experience.. that part made me very upset

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm affected by books, but usually from real-life survival stories (which is what I mainly read).To be affected by a book, it must have some substantial meaning for the reader. As wyote said well, you have to put yourself into the book, and appreciate its meaning. Without meaning, most people lose interest, and hence don't express emotion.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Lonesome Dove, that was a good book. I have really felt a few books, oddly enought Ender's Game is one.

I have a friend who really gets into books, but he likes to smoke a little first, he says reading that way is like nothing he was normally able to do.

"What is true power?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Smokeing a little before you read is a good way to enjoy a book. It helps with the imagination. Just don't smoke to much then you can't read.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
effected by reading
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy