Why do you try so damn hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? - brann22
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

All Religions are paths to god - Page 6

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many froms everal different religions have died refusing to denounce their faith. Buddist, Muslim, Indian, Gnostic. History books tell the many stories.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is different. A Muslim for example will be willing to die for his belief because it is the only way he can be certain he will get to heaven. It is self serving and is based on fear.

The Christian has security of salvation from the Holy Spirit. By die he is just following what he believes to be true. It is not self serving, it is God serving and is based on love. This world is only temporary and not the Christians real home. Once he has become a Christian he is a new creation, born of the Spirirt, a child of God.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that the Islamic religion is being used by fanatics for political purposes. I believe that this idea that muslims die to selfishly attain salvation is not really a characteristic of the muslim faith in general, although those that die in the pursuit of the will of Allah are beleived to go to Heaven, as you say. But there are those who have twisted the Islamic religion, convincing the simple and faithful that terrorism is the instrument of some imaginary Holy War. This is what happens when you mix religion with politics.

Actually, the U.S. is very much in similar peril. If the nation continues on this frightening course of merging Christianity with government we may find that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights will be in serious trouble

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 64yrs • M •
There are some really fanitical Christian terrorist groups the FBI keeps their eye on. Every religion has their nut cases.

It really comes down to what you believe about your creator. Is your creator good or bad.

Jesus teaches us to compare a good father to our God, and from what I understand, the Muslims believe in the teachings of Jesus.

From my bible school lessons I remember being told that only the true Christians will be able to stand up to possible death and torture and not denounce their faith, but the false Christians will fall away.

[  Edited by okcitykid at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nice OKCityKid, some christian(?) faith being in founded in the resurrection to life is wholely self serving belief. A (godly) good mindset (attitude) is of greater assurance of good favor.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

History shows that since even the Didache which was written during the time of the Apostles that the belief of the Cross, death and resurrection are IMPORTANT beliefs in the whole reason for the Bible.

The OT prophesies 300 times the death and life of Christ.
Psalms, Isaias, Jeremiah..etc. They preclude the Incarnation of God to become lower than angels to come and die a brutal death for us.

Ever read the early Church fathers..the first christians? The 1st Catholics?

quote:
From my bible school lessons I remember being told that only the true Christians will be able to stand up to possible death and torture and not denounce their faith, but the false Christians will fall away.

All the martyred Saints in history have prooven this, as did the Apostles.

ARE ALL RELIGIONS EQUAL?

IF they were then why bother giving humans anything..such as an historical book with Laws?
Why would God make sure His Word lasted this long..if everyone had equal footing??

Let's face it, humans will create many religions, institutions and writings, but they all copy the precepts of the Bible, The Bible makes sense in that it doesnt make sense that a human would employ these measures in a self gratifying world.

Self denouncement is the hardest thing there is...and yet God desires it in His Bible. WHY? Because it teaches the spiritual self to rise above the carnal, and do good in SPITE of oneself.

Not all religions are created equal...in fact only two have been created from God. And the one has evolved away from pleasing God Christ.

So, read the historical background of all religions and you find humans who created them are never on equal footing with God.

Judiasm to Christian, and then branches off of them. But nothing is more specific than the evidences of Christ and His prophecied life..and His creation of His Church.

Peace!!

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
the belief of the Cross, death and resurrection are IMPORTANT beliefs in the whole reason for the Bible.
Granted the cross represents an important aspect of Christian belief but it is not the whole reason of the Bible.
quote:
ARE ALL RELIGIONS EQUAL?
Is it not written thaall know in Part but not the whole? The primary objective of the Bible is to seek to know GOD, which is [should be] a priminaason to enter or study any religion?

64yrs • M •
I know there is a verse that instructs you not to look upon the death of Christ but the life of Christ.

There does seem to be a bit to much preaching about his death and not enough on his teachings while he lived.

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that godisnotanidea is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow... this is sad. People, two things that say two different things cannot be true. For example, Christianity says that God is Omipotent and Omnicient. Atheism says that there is no God. They cannot both be right, just like you can't be alive and dead, or have a square circle.

Islam is another branch of Judaism. While more removed than Judaism and Christianity, they still (mostly) respect the others for their common roots.

Those who say Jesus was a Prophet and a good man, but not God, how can a good man claim to be God? Jesus left 3 choices-1. He was God incarnate, 2.He was an extremely evil man, or 3. He was insane. He did not leave any middle ground, and indeed he did not intend to.

The death and Ressurection of Jesus was probably the single most important event in history. More people have died for it, more people have lived for it, more people have fought for it, and more people have believed in it than any other event in history. So yes, it is very important. However, this doesn't make his teachings any less important.

I will try to find a certain verse about ourlives being in vain if the Resurection is false, but it evades my eyes and I have to go.

"Truth is not relative. It is unchanging and eternal"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Timmo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ahoy all

firstly, religion is a mans (most) vision and guide through life so he may better himself, most religions are very similar in mst cases except for the finer detail on their chosen god itself, i find that many of the religions encounter eachother on small detail, and despise others for that very reason, whilst i sit here and think, most of the religions want peace be it budhism, muslim, caholic, chrisian, jewish. i feel that god himself doesnt want cerimonies to him, no monuments, just peace, and prosperity, of all things. I conclude on the fact that all religions need to forget differences and look at the similarities and work towards that for a better future for mankind.

Timmo

"There is no such thing as innocence obly degrees of guilt"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Those who say Jesus was a Prophet and a good man, but not God, how can a good man claim to be God? Jesus left 3 choices-1. He was God incarnate, 2.He was an extremely evil man, or 3. He was insane. He did not leave any middle ground, and indeed he did not intend to.

Study to show thyself approved.

Jesus never claimed to be God and until the teaching of the trinity appeared Christianity never believed either. Jesus was accused of claiming to be God and that is what they charged him for when they hung him on the cross.

Here is the tricky part that causes the argument. He never claimed to be God but he never denied it, so its kinda left up to you what you want to believe.

I think Father Fox, a Catholic Priest who has been banished from the church as being a heritic explained it best when he intriduced the theory of "Christ Consciousness" Kinda like becoming one with the Holy Ghost, a state of mind he believes we can all achieve, and by doing so we can usher in the Kingdom of Heaven on earth.

There was a lot of things that Jesus said that indicated this.

And I am at a loss as to why the resurrection was so important. I've asked that question before here at CC.

But I tell you, you read all the teachings of Jesus and you will be amazed and understand why even many of the Jews believe he was a prophet.

The Jews, Muslems and Christian all agree that Jesus a brilliant teacher, so why don't the Jews, Muslems and Christians follow those teachings. Some do, unfortunately you will find to many who do not and that is why they will kill each other.

quote:
I conclude on the fact that all religions need to forget differences and look at the similarities and work towards that for a better future for mankind.

So true - because we are really all guessing. We believe in the things we cannot see and this is called faith. Because we cannot see but only believe, how can we know with so much certainty that we should hurt another person to defend our belief - that's wrong.

72yrs • M •
quote:
And I am at a loss as to why the resurrection was so important. I've asked that question before here at CC.

I think that the aspect of resurrection has such great importance to some is their need to give credence of another life in physical sense. Note the significance of Jesus eating and eating as physical aspect of being resurrected.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Neo ressurected.
Neo is God.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 36yrs • M •
greenbeans is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Aslan resurected
Aslan is God.

"The heard has reasons which reason knows nothing of..."
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that deifiedslacker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the actual definition of religion is a person's beliefs. the real meaning of religion has nothing to do with god. now everyone is associating religion with believing in god or not.

"I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability."
All Religions are paths to god - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy