Earth is crammed with heave, And every common bush afire with God; And only he who sees takes off his shoes. - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

All Religions are paths to god - Page 4

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The point is that both a bike and an airplane have advantages and disadvantages. If you wanted to go down the block you would be most illogical to use an airplane to get there. But if you don't know where you are going then how can you possibly judge the mode of transportation?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The point is that both a bike and an airplane have advantages and disadvantages. If you wanted to go down the block you would be most illogical to use an airplane to get there. But if you don't know where you are going then how can you possibly judge the mode of transportation?

You really can't, because you really don't know, we're all guessing here, and you're going to make mistakes, but you're going to get there if you continue to seek. Even if you stop seeking, a twister will put you in the ditch and make you get up and start looking again. Some will get there sooner than others. The First Shall Be Last.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 39yrs • M •
But people are clearly going different places. All paths may lead to some or other god. But not to God.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
But people are clearly going different places. All paths may lead to some or other god. But not to God.
Mathematician once told me Point in any direction is to point toward the center of the universe [our existence?]. Of course if you are discussing points & circles, then it is tangent to the circle.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"It seems to me that all religions are paths to god, which means that all religions are equal in a sense"

^^you're right in one sense and wrong in the other.....All Religion is a path to somewhere, but not to the Almighty!!

understanding doesn't ask that you should be tied down to anything......The almighty appoints what he may and calls his people by his own name, therefore it doesn't become a religion but merely a relationship...like father like children. Relgion all have different names depicting their different Gods, but which Religion has Understanding?...which is the essence of knowing the Almighty!!.....Most Religions understand so much and not much further because they think that they're at their peak in following their God......So travelling stops and they live life merily in vanity and insanity! If you ever did have a relationship with the almighty then you wouldn't be anything near religious, but more of a religious Fanatic, i.e a crazy muthafucka.....

All religions do lead to the same God, because they lead to the same Lack of understanding, the same lack of wisdom, the same lack of light, the same wars....But none of em lead to the Almighty!!!

"Being is not knowing!"
 64yrs • M •
Oh I see, God and Almighty are not the same.

While we're following God, you're following the Almighty - Well isn't that special.

38yrs • M •
^^It is because that's what makes the difference!....we're a different type of people, an unsocialized people. Naturally orthodox, but outwardly crazy.....Time's drawing down slowly and it's a good thing to see for a change..........things are not the way they used to be...it's time to go back to the biginning...

"Being is not knowing!"
 64yrs • M •
To be a Jesus Freak is Cool

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is possible for all religions to be wrong but it is not possible for all to be right. Every religion at its core has non negioable absolutes that exclude other religions. In Islam, your good deeds are measured against your bad deeds and if your good deeds out way your bad deeds, you get to heaven. In Budihisim you are part of the devine. In Chrisitianity, Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life, No one comes to the father except through me.

Steve Turner puts it this way "All religions are basically the same, they all believe in love and goodness. They only differ on matters of Sin, Heaven, Hell, God and Salvation"

Really they are completely different to one another. One thinks that all religions are equal but when you start to examine them in depth, you find that there is a very narrow choice you can make, and Jesus stands out among the rest in stark contrast.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 64yrs • M •
I will agree that Jesus stands out - I will not agree that Christians follow him, I will agree that Christians think they are saved by him, yet they do not follow him.

I believe that if you follow Jesus, you will be saved.

I believe if you follow Budda, you will be saved.

If you study Budda and Jesus and other great men, you will discover that they all taught pretty much about the same thing.

I knew a Chaplain who admitted to me that there were six great people around the world and Buddha was one of them, around 300 years before Christ. He said, I don't know what it means.

I hope you follow the right religion Pete - I hope you follow Jesus.

39yrs • M •
quote:
I will not agree that Christians follow him

Any christian who doesn't follow Jesus is not a Christian.

quote:
If you study Budda and Jesus and other great men, you will discover that they all taught pretty much about the same thing.

Except they differ on fundemental points. It's like saying that hate any love are they same except for their differences.

quote:
I knew a Chaplain who admitted to me that there were six great people around the world and Buddha was one of them, around 300 years before Christ. He said, I don't know what it means.

Bhuddha may have been great but then so was Alexander apparently and following him gets you nowhere.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Bhuddha may have been great but then so was Alexander apparently and following him gets you nowhere.

There are obvious differences between Buddha* and Alexander... Why wouldn't you follow Alexanders teachings of the life and death? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T TEACH IT. omfg.. wow... common sense or maybe im crazy..

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 38yrs • M •
^^lol...he realizes, he was just saying that no matter which way you take it it's a loss......so the trick is knowing a name and having no physical person to put it on to. Haille Selassie I. A name, a word, what you need to have to survive!

"Being is not knowing!"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
Why wouldn't you follow Alexanders teachings of the life and death? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T TEACH IT.

Maybe not with words but perhaps by lifestyle. The point however is that just because he was considered great doesn't mean that he was right.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Any christian who doesn't follow Jesus is not a Christian.

You're right

If you need an example of what I'm talking about, study Ghandi

All Religions are paths to god - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy