Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Love

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that xxxxchelseaxxxx is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love
So what is everyones defination of love and or what are some characteristtics or actions of it ?

"wit is only educated insolence"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Universal love is the bond we share between one and all that makes us united.

The principle of love between family and loved ones is a secondary principle more akin to 'emotional attachment' based upon inheritance and/or familiarity. This type of love is also achieved if real if born upon respect. You can have respect for someone, and like or dislike someone. In one way this type of love is an extreme liking based upon respect.

As for the second comment just remember its possible to love animals like this too!

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love is understanding.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
love is an interpretation

"dont got one"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
love is what i feel when i enjoy being around someone. when they are 5 feet from me and i fell them. when i enjoy telling them. when i stay up for 5 hours a night thinkg about them. when they make me crazy. when they make me cry. when they make me care. when they make me sing. when they make me try to impress them. when i would die for them. when i would do anything for them. when i they make me depressed. when they save my life, and are no where around. when i save there life. and some other stuff too.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
love is inexplainable..

you are human, so go experience it for yourself

god its that simple

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is no way to love
love is the way

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M •
bagpuss is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
not sure if i believe in love, although i think i have felt it... i allways thought it was an overexaggerated and overestimated word for the simple animal instinct to reproduce... but having felt strong emotion for certain people makes me believe otherwise

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
analitical- yeah that sounds like real good advice.
it is kinda inexplainable. the only to know what it is, is to feel it. but how do you know your actually feeling love? o well. it feels good. yeah. thats a good example. good. really good.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thx's i also believe there arent different stages of love.. the first may be when you first kiss a new person someone and the next day and whole week you have this incredible inexplainable feeling that only you can experience. it's a new person and life..

after a while that intial feeling goes away and you have another stage of love.. in this stage you cant imagine yourself without the person.. this stage of love is stronger than first..

the stages continue, growing stronger and more powerful.. till you reach unconditional love.. most people experience this with children i assume.. which i have not expeirenced but those who have know the feeling..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
phil bossart- "attraction to something you like"
joel amaro-"something you like alot but dont know why"

"dont got one"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dont mix love up with the attachment you feel for a boyfriend/girlfriend. This is not pure love. This is emotional attachment. And you will be glad you know this, truly, if you 'lose' that person. We've had this discussion before, but it needs to be remembered that true love is a love for everything, not just those who you feel drawn towards.

""No words""
 55yrs • M •
infinite is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think If you define something, you will end up it by limiting it within the defination.The defination might change according to your age and your personal live experience.

41yrs • M •
dhawalkhakhra is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
only complicated things requires defination love is so simple that it requires no defination to love is a nature of humans so dont think much just do it as love is made to be done not to be discussed upon

"love and life is gr8 thanks god"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
1 Corinthians 13
Love
If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
Love
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy