Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous - Robert Heinlein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Love - Page 2

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love- feeling like you owe someone something in return

When I look at all the people I love, I see that they've given me something, be it understanding, companionship, or excitement. So I feel like I owe them and want to make their lives better.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love is understanding and compassion, it is trust and passion. love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person It is a union that makes you willing to give up your own life just to see that person happy. Love is unconditional and every second should be cherished because it is only when you find some one that you can truly love, that you can truly live.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 39yrs • F •
mamaevans is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think love is a number of things. Honesty, trust, and devotion are key elements. You can be completely devoted to someone and not be honest with them, thus breaking down trust. However you could be honest with and trusting of someone but also not be devoted. I feel, love is an emotion you have when multiple characteristics of two pesonalities are compatible based on soul beliefs. I also believe you can love someone and not be monogomous. You can be faithful and still experience other people without it having any emotional significance.

""the supreme irony in life is that nearly nobody makes it out alive."-- Robert A. Heinlein"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SupermanGom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think love is just a jazzed up synonym for lust. If your not attracted to her sexually, it ain't going to work.

"Destiny is only destiny when we believe in destiny."
 34yrs • F •
optimist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
love is patient, love is kind
it does not envy, it is not proud
it is not rude, it is not self seeking
it is not easliy angered
it keeps no record of wrongs
love does not rejoice in evil but rejoice with the truth
it always protects
it always trust
always hopes
always persevers
love never fails
1 corinthinians 13 4-8

"life is to short to have regrets"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SupermanGom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"It is not rude, it is not self seeking"
It's not rude? Could you clarify that one lol?
Love is not self seeking? Wow, if you really live by those words I truly admire you LOL.

"Destiny is only destiny when we believe in destiny."
 36yrs • F •
mystic_chick is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
when you know in ur heart tht u hate thm so much but because u hate thm u love thm and its just whn u see thm ur heart skipps a beat and u know tht this is wot uve been waiting for and it just kind of fills u up and makes u wanna scream just so they turn round and take another look at you..... and when thy dont u go bk to the hate feeling but u love thm so much u carnt let thm go even if u let thm go.......

""trust me""
 32yrs • F •
AndShelley is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Love is,
Endless.
Love knows no limits.
& Love is trusting someone enough, to let them into your life and changing your soul.

Its also just being able to lean on one another. To have that support in eachother and sharing everything unconditionally.

<3

"Sometimes, The last person on the Earth you want to be with, Is the one person you cant be without."
 36yrs • M •
neutralminded1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i saw this and immeadiately had to make a post.....

love doesn't exist, but the natural human need to feel wanted does, which can be replaced by a mothers love.

of course in the end there is also the natural human need to releive sexual tension. but THAT is not love. i don't beleive in waiting till your married to have sex and i don't beleive in waiting till you find a true love to have sex either. anything that is not against the law of the animals shouldn't be against the laws of mankind......to an extent of course. don't start shooting people and say you were hunting for food. LOL

basically you need to feel like you belong or you feel worthless. love doesn't have to come from family or a lover. it can easily be a friend you met online, or perhaps a whole crew of people you met online or know in RL. love has a great many definitions to it......when you look at it through my eyes that is.

"in life, there is chaos. in death, nothing. fix the chaos, and in death you will find peace."
[  Edited by neutralminded1 at   ]
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love and trusting relationships are different.
For me love is being aware of how every thing is one, the greater the awareness the stronger the love.

"I hungry"
 34yrs • M •
arod6041 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
love is something that no once can actually describe..trying to do so would be degrading it

"I wrote a letter just to better my soul if i dont express it then forever i hold inside"
 30yrs • F •
Rhiannon:) is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
In my opinon, love means something different for every person.
Theres love for you family and friends.
But its a different type of love for an object.
Then theres being IN love.
Which is proberlly the best feeling in the world in my opinion.
If your in lvoe with someone, everytime you see them or touch them, your heart rate doubles.
Evan when there not there, you think about them none stop and the times you have with them and the times to come with them and you just smile.
You would do anything for them just to see a smile on there face or hear them laugh.
You just want to be in there arms forever.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love is when you cannot let go, even when you think you have identified so many reasons to do so, but you just cannot bring yourself to do it, to say goodbye, and to let that person walk away so easily.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love is something that doesn't hold up in the long run which is why women demand marriage so that when divorce comes around she can get what she wanted all along: free resources from the man. It's hard-wired in the female mind.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
 31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sammy K is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that love begins with loving yourself – respecting yourself and being comfortable with who you are. Without self love how can you spread love to someone else?

Love - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy