"The secret source of humour itself is not joy, but sorrow. There is no humour in heaven" - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emotional Spreading

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Emotional Spreading
the more i ponder this the more perplexing it is to me. all things considered, ive gone through my life as a pretty happy fellow. i make solid attempts to perpetuate my good attitude among people i encounter throughout the day, and when having an off day i make every attempt to be as unnoticeable as possible. it would seem that this is the general way of things (perhaps i am ignorant to something however). i also notice a relatively smaller group of people who continually/habitually want nothing but to spread negativity on to others. i realize that a great deal of this is on a sub conscience level for them... but what puzzles me is where this negativity stems from. if a larger portion of society spreads peace and happiness, how does this negativity and hatred survive? where does it come from?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i will admit to doing this. for me, it came from feelings of inadequacy and self doubt. people who are in pain, or have 'screwed up lives' want to bring others down with them. its comforting to see others failing when you feel youre bottom of the pit yourself.
when i was younger, i would not go to any of the school dances because i did not know how to dance, so when kids talked about those dances, i made up stories like - i heard you were a bad dancer -

how does negativity survive? life isnt easy, and spreading hatred is a coping device. like trying to claw your way to the top by fooling others into being your stepstools.

its also about how you feel about yourself. people who have low self esteem get kicks out of insulting others. jealousy emotion balance fear

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
right right, thats all fine and dandy. but think outside the box a little bit more here.

at some point you got it in your head that you were inadaquate or werent capable of reaching some sort of expectations. negativity has been put on you from elsewhere.

my life has been just as difficult, if not more difficult than many others. yet ive grown in an extremely positive and giving home which has resulted in me being a generally happy person.

it works the same way in much harsher areas in the world. no matter how rough a life, if they are around positivity they themselves become this way. so all this positivity has been flowing around for hundreds of years, yet so much negativity still exsists... i feel it within me at times and i see it in others frequently.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good points. Lets try and focus on the solution, not the problem.

It seems there is a problem:

1. Ignorance is bliss; how do you communicate to deaf ears?
2. In recognisiing ignorance you recognise your faults and that you could be wrong; so you are less prone to believe you ar right.

In essence 1 is stubborn and 2 is free. The problem is unless you get to a very high plane being free you get angered by stubborn people and they seem to be the victors.

People say: rise above it. I say if you are above it; have the strength to just lower yourself a bit; imagine a kind hand scooping down to help. The key is do not feel you are being patronising; believe in yourself for that is what stubborn people do.

People may sense that this is hippocratic but theres no point giving a page of maths to someone who doesnt understand that maths; that creates negative reaction.

In a situation that does not have time to think; dont get muggled up in fogged thoughts; see clearly and speak presicely. Above all remmeber not to close yourself in trying to do best through being intelligent:

"Four things support the world: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the good, and the valor of the brave"

Mohammed.

""No words""
 41yrs • M •
Try to be an expert in everything

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is a good example of the inherent evil of man. There is always someone who laughs as you fall and kicks you when you are down. But if one believes that all people are good then where do we learn evil? Surely it cannot be learned from other people who are also good so in that case is nature itself evil?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 41yrs • M •
I can speak as though I am a saint but I will not because I know if you do not recognise the world in which we live it will kick you in the balls and leave you gasping for breath.

'In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself. ' Einstein.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
So?

41yrs • M •
Man is a product of his environment . Therefore I believe it is unfortunate if man turns out evil. I see myself as a channel of energies, and if I can take the negative and through me create a positive I have done the best I can. True compassion recognises the history that has made the way a man thinks. Nature is not evil; it is the misconception of nature that recognises evil.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
But if man does not start evil and if nature is not evil where does the evil come from? How is it introduced through enviroment if nothing holds it in the first place?

41yrs • M •
Evil comes from education. It does not come from nature.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
But how? Education brings knowledge and so are you saying knowledge is evil?

41yrs • M •
Not true knowledge. It is very, very hard to explain this through language.

Imagine eductaion as a factory. In it the little pieces are run through an assembly line. However, the very start of that assembly line; the first spark of thought came from nature. The problem is that it is not recognised that thought came from nature, not the assembly line. However, very few recognise true milestones come from a 'oneness' with nature; it does not come from that person who then cannot speak of it brilliantly but to the best of their ability, which when communicating lies on language (English, text, pictures, poetry, mathemetics etc.) and is subject to imperfections which manifest.

Do you ever dream without language?

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
So evil comes as a result of not acknowledging the essence of who we are? (For example as creatures meant to be one with nature)

quote:
Do you ever dream without language?

It does not seem possible to dream without language because language permeates everything like you said "English, text, pictures, poetry, mathemetics etc."

41yrs • M •
The absolute heart of man speaks not of language but of nature. True intuition, absolute intuition is a recognition of oneness. How do you understand your neighbour fully if you are not as one with them; you cannot. I do not think we can seperate ourselves from language because it exists; but the ultimate aim of peace is to be one with everything. That is essence.

I may be wrong, probably I am. I'm having a conclusionary moment, which may be short lived.

""No words""
Emotional Spreading
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy