Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emotional Spreading - Page 3

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So you belong to a mob of Christians?
I'm not saying there isn't a God here...I'm just saying God is. He is not an Islamic God or a Buddhist God or a Greek God for that matter. In any case He certainly is not a he. Just God.

""No words""
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but what puzzles me is where this negativity stems from. if a larger portion of society spreads peace and happiness, how does this negativity and hatred survive? where does it come from?

Balance.

If good or possitivity is to exist then negativity or evil must exist as balance. One cannot know of good without knowing of evil, you don't know what you've got till its gone and all that.

The point that Ether brought up about inherent good or evil is unbalanced in his exclusive rhetoric.

It's quite simple, man is both inherently good and evil, if you bother to term it that way.

All things have possitive and negative consequences to all things.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
So you belong to a mob of Christians?

No because there is not more Christians in the world than people of other religions.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 41yrs • M •
The religious mob in the Western world which we are mostly exposed to is surely Christianity?

""No words""
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is your point in saying that there are a lot of christians. i dont understand?

39yrs • M •
Doubtful. There is a large difference in people who claim to be Christians and those who truly are. More likely it is Catholicism.

41yrs • M •
Language rears its head. Interpretation steers away source. This is going to revert down an alley of denominations and sects. How many shall we go through. Which Bibles; which translations; Greek, Latin, Englsih? The dead sea scrolls.

Which denominations:

Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox Church Anglican Communion, Assemblies of God, Ethiopian Orthodox Church Evangelische Kirche in Deutschland, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventist Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, United Methodist Church, New Apostolic Church, etc. all gets a little bit daunting!

Truth is 'out here'

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
Because there are many possibilities do we simply choose that they all be correct to avoid doing any real truth seeking?

41yrs • M •
Real truth seeking is trying to know as much as you can.

""No words""
 46yrs • M
So, how is it that religious people can so easily say that God created everything, but God did not create evil?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that for the better is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
delusion denial forcefed beliefs?

39yrs • M •
God did not create evil although He gave Lucifer free will to create it.

46yrs • M
See, I could laugh for hours if it weren't so tragic and dangerous.

Oh, and God did not give Lucifer free will, ever. Its a standing contradiction, he is an angel, angels were not endowed with souls or free will. But somehow they still managed jealousy and rebellion, beyond his control or apparent knowledge no less, go figure.

God is all powerful, but cannot create a boulder he cannot lift.

God created everything, yet there are things not accredited to him as their creator, including himself.

*cough* bullshit *cough*

Gee, that's not nearly as subtle when typed.

39yrs • M •
If you were all powerful could (or would) you build a boulder that you couldn't lift?

quote:
Oh, and God did not give Lucifer free will, ever. Its a standing contradiction, he is an angel, angels were not endowed with souls or free will. But somehow they still managed jealousy and rebellion, beyond his control or apparent knowledge no less, go figure.

Just because God didn't act the way you might have acted in the face of rebellion doesn't mean He was unaware of it. Maybe God did create evil and used it as a device similar to the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Lucifer and his companions played out the part of Adam and Eve.

quote:
God created everything, yet there are things not accredited to him as their creator, including himself.

How does one create oneself? God simply always existed then He decides to make other things exist as well.

41yrs • M •
I have answered this before rhetorically:

is God not the boulder?

""No words""
Emotional Spreading - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy