Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

i cheated, now what

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
kcpuck is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i cheated, now what

i cheated. i told my girlfriend. for some foolish reason (maybe because i didn't think she believed in monogamy anyway) i thought it would hurt, but be manageable, and we'd move on. i now know that i was stupid in thinking this, and i have no idea how to handle the pure rage and anger that is coming out of her. i love her more that anything in the world, and i can't believe i did something like this. i feel like the biggest idiot on the planet, and i'm pretty sure that i am. so, if you could please withhold judgement and just give me your own personal experiences with cheating and the aftermath, i'd really appreciate it. thanks.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being a victim of cheating I can tell you that it is not easily repaired, in my experience there was no fixing what had happened, unfortunately you have to deal with the consequences of your actions. Maybe you will work things out but be prepared for a lot of hard work trust must be rebuilt and you basically have to start from the bottom.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You can't fix that in a day. You back off, let her breathe and in the mean time qualify yourself and stay straight so she can see that you just slipped. Everyone makes mistakes, it's showing you learned from them that counts - and slobbering her with sorries and kisses won't cut it. I'm not trying to be mean, it's blunt. She doesn't trust you, you're 20 years old, if you're not thinking about marriage right now I wouldn't trust either one of you. But if you are, then stay straight and invest in her if you think it's right.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
i cheated, now what
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy