If you want to know a man, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. - YoungWarrior
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dreams... useless or amazing - Page 2

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is it possible that the thing we call intuition can be extended for longer periods of time? It maybe possible to see unfolding events over some considerable period. Let that subconcious teach you a thing or three...

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the problem with saying that dreams can seem like hours and only last minutes is that time does not exist...

but yeah, dreams make predictions from what the brain already knows... which i believe is what i said to begin with

41yrs • M •
quote:
the problem with saying that dreams can seem like hours and only last minutes is that time does not exist...

You are referring to the duration of the dream. I am referring to the nature of the dream. But yes to the second point. But we still have to understand what the brain is beyond convention.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
heyjme1, i dont quite get what you're saying... but is this an example of what you're saying?

im playing soccer and i go to steal a ball from a player, i jump into the air and time slows down... i notice the slower movement and it allows me to do a 180 swing my left leg around and stick the ball, causing the other play to fall... i could not do this if time hadnt seemed to slow down... afterwards, even my teamates went... wo that was like in slow motion!

41yrs • M •
That's matrix stuff which is all well and good but not my point.
My point is with intuition. And I'll say time is that as measured by the little timer on your screen for convenience.

Now most people's conception of intuition is really seconds i.e. that you can forsee an event clearly becuase the order of an event is just so predictable. For example if a defender passes the ball to a midfielder and there is a striker near the goal then you can foresee a goal using probability. This probability rests in your knowledge of past experiences and a host of things your brain comes to to arrive at this decision.

Now what I mean by extended intuition is that the concious does not recognise all that is around but that the unconcious recognises a lot that is around. By the same virtue if it can see many things, many interactions, many little things, which when combined give a greater possibility of an event happening and a greater event horizon, possibly even days. What can happen is limited only by mental capacity and imagination.

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
ok so basically, that is exactly what i said...

41yrs • M •
maybe originally but that example is a related but different princple.

?the time frame hasnt seemd to slow down so our reference within it can do more physically thats a diferent concept.

i'm talking about being more aware f te past and prsent so the future is more widely and more lengthly known than the limited concius sense perception allows

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DREAMS ARE NOTHING MORE THAN INFORMATION STORED IN YOUR BRAIN THAT HAS BEEN, BROKEN DOWN, REARRANGED, AND COMPILED TO SIMULATE NEW SCENARIOS

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 35yrs • M •
heyjme1... did you know there was a page of posts before this one? because that is the exact reason i stated for the first post...

41yrs • M •
i know; I wanted to make the point it coulb be intuition

""No words""
 33yrs • M •
Taz1144 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I never really thought this through long enough, but after reading all the comments, I like the idea of: "Dreams that predict the future are just many memories and events put together to guess what will happen next," Or...whatever. But one weird little thing I thought up. Lucid dreams are like...deja-vu, in a way. In my opinion. I have heard a theory that every event in the universe will happen, then the universe will implode, then start all over again. Guessing that theory as correct, what if deva-vu is just a memory of one of the past universes? What if so called "psycics" are just people who have an excessive amount of memory of the past universes? I never really thought about this that much, but I guess I'll just post my thoughts. And, what if there is a part of the brain that helps us remember these things? Just a thought.

"And you. I wish I didn't feel for you anymore."
 36yrs • M •
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY EVERY EVENT IN THE UNIVESE WILL HAPPEN? WHY WILL IT IMPLODE? WHAT WILL CAUSE IT TO START OVER? MEMORY OF PAST UNIVERSES? WHO HAS THIS MEMORY?

YOU SHOULD THINK YOUR THEORY THOROUGH.

33yrs • M •
Taz1144 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I already thought it though. Okay, well, some scientists belive that the universe is expanding at a never ending rate and one day will soon reach a point so big, that it will start to shrink again. Then, it shrinks to be so small, it implodes on itself. But what happens after it implodes? A bunch of nothingness? I doubt it. Just as a theory (Or thought) it will start all over again. And, simply, the memories of the past universes are just deja-vu and lucid dreams. I said that in my post. And, maybe, LIKE I SAID IN MY POST BEFORE...psychics are just people who are better at remebering these past universes and can predict things. Also, maybe, the ability of remembering comes from a part of the brain. Read the post.

36yrs • M •
IF THE UNIVERSE IMPLODES INTO NOTHINGNESS (ASSUMING ITS POSSIBLE) WHO IS THERE TO HAVE ANY MEMORY OF IT?
AND OF COURSE THE ABILITY TO REMEMBER COMES FROM A PART OF THE BRAIN.

33yrs • M •
It's just a thought. I don't know how anyone would remember. Use you imagination!

Dreams... useless or amazing - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy