Life is like a tree, you never know if you are going to get any rain. - bob rulz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Dreams... useless or amazing - Page 4

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
LoneByrd is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
No offense, but the thread starter is stupid, you don't know what a lucid dream is bud.

A lucid dream is when you realize you are in a dream and you take control of it. NOT WHEN YOU SEE AN EVENT IN THE FUTURE, what we're talking about is precognition.

I've only had precognition twice but both times being vague, but the event definately was in a dream that I had.

I have no doubts that our brain has unlimited potential but we do not know how to unlock it. You can do anything with your mind, since the world you live in is the way you percieve it, it's not crazy to say you can alter and control what happens in it.

But, your perception is in constant conflict with other people's perception, if anyone else in my world is real.. that is =]. That's one thing that plagues my mind, is anyone I see around me real? Or just something that my mind is percieving to be there?

When a person goes crazy, they see things and talk to what they see, perhaps we're already crazy but only on a certain degree, and we all get along on this certain level of insanity.

"Reality hits hard. Your perception hits it even harder."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dreams are merely to keep the flow of existence. I think your brain constantly needs to see something happening. so since you're eyes are closed your brain switches over to "automatic/sleep" mode. that way other parts of your brain can take over and do the best it can to piece together a reality on past memories and how you think things will happen because of certain actions. you subconsciously know this.

So when you Lucid dream, those bits of information are just flowing in a more coherent manner so you would be able to act how you would in any waking day.

A dream reality is just the same as a waking reality our genetics just suck so our bodies can't take 24/7 physical stimulation, or we might die.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 38yrs • F •
Soulodove is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Lonebyrd, you are correct about lucid. If you are able to have complete control of your dreams - being conscious in an unconscious state - you are experiencing lucid dreaming. I had experienced them spontaneously over the course of my life but was unaware of their importance. Now that i am knowledgable of their existence, i have thoroughly researched how obtain them more frequently and have found them to be fascinating! A way to achieve, encounter, become, learn anything you have desired? I have quit smoking maryj for awhile too because i know sometimes it can mistify your dreams, well i know it does for me. If anyone is interested in this, Carlos Castenedas books are impeccable - an enigmatic way of life through dreaming and hallucinogens. Also, the movie Waking Life - absolutely amazing! Actually if you go to youtube right now, you can catch some clips. The movie takes place within a lucid dream....

Lucidity be with you. hahaha

"Remain in the nowhere else. be here."
 32yrs • F •
BlackOpal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that dreams are amazing.
I am extremely interested in psycho-analysis, and I think that a lot of what Carl Jung did with dream research is amazing.
He expanded from the thought that dreams were a window into our subconscious to say that dreams express archetypal images that represent the parts of ourselves that we neglect. Generally that is what all psychologists think, with the added bonus of archetypes.
What some people dream about is amazing. People can dream about something that connects to a legend that they have never heard.
Like the case that Jung studied of the schizophrenic that dreamed of a phallus coming out of the sun.
Which he later researched and found out was an ancient myth. One that the patient, common born and barely educated, did not and could not have known about.
Which then was key to discovering the problems in her life that caused her disease.
Which I think is quite remarkable.

I have a friend who has achieved lucid dreaming. I just can't do it, I don't know why.

"People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or anyway better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of. (Gregory Maguire)"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know how to play piano quite well and the only time I practice is in my dreams

I think I have a perfect photographic memory when I dream, it's really weird, because I'll remember every single detail about certain things that I'm doing.. like composing a song on the piano for instance.

my thoughts remember what every single key sounds like and when I bring up that image I just remember what that key sounds like however I play it... It's fun

I can do that for anything I've experienced with my senses.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
Dreams... useless or amazing - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy