Great minds have purposes; others have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Scariest Thing About DEATH - Page 5

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wittgensteins is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Concerning death, there is nothing for us to fear - except nothingness.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it has something to do psychologically. We as human beings, never have had to experience what it is to not exist or experience absolute nothingness. We're in a constant cycle of life and for our brain's to try and comprehend what it must be like to not experience anything at all for ever creates fear. Something that doesn't "compute" in our brains seems to be registered as unknown and is tagged with fear.

idk maybe. just a thought.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 38yrs • M •
yeah_but_why? is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.

78yrs • M •
jimxcore is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well since im not sure that there is an afterlife im scared because i cannot picture what it would feel like to not be able to imagine, to feel, to think. you can't think about death because you can't think when your dead. its just a hard concept to grasp because its impossible to imagine yourself dead because your still imagining. wow

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What I fear most about death is we, as a whole, don't seem to truly search for immortality.
Or have a plan should we discover it tomorrow

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tazzlyn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are only two things I fear in death.

1. Hurting the ones I love and who I know love me.
2. The fact that I play a role in today's world and can change it just as much as anyone else can. Also, that I can create a better future for the next generation of humans.

If it weren't for those things, curiosity would have already killed me.

"Inspire."
 40yrs • M •
slarfuggle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
weather i go to hell or not.

"meh."
 64yrs • F •
Forgiveness is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is no such thing as death. Existence is like a recycling of the Spirit Self from one incarnation to another. The Spirit leaves the body even though the "flesh" is still "alive". For instance, at the split second before an impact of a car accident which is destined to cause physical expiration the Spiit leaves the body. There is no pain, it is all an illusion.
The physicality is just a vehicle for the Spirit to conduct its business of transcending levels of consciousness. The body is disposible, it was not meant for anyone to identify with it nor to fear "loosing" it for it was never theirs in the first place. In the same way we look at the moon from afar we don't call it "My moon" we should look at our physicality and call it "the body" not "my body". If you owned it you would take it with you.

34yrs • M •
agro is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Then it must own you because it takes you with it.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't fear death... i fear the unknown.

And by unknown i don't necessarily mean whether there's an afterlife or what to expect of death.
I fear the cause, is it today tomorrow or 20yrs from now. Will it hurt will i suffer or be alone when i happens.
The fear of death is natural for everyone. After all we spend our entire lives attempting to survive.

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that thx1137 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wittgensteins: You say that there is 'nothing to fear, but nothingness.' I do not fear 'nothingness,' I expect that.

I do not like pain. I am going to go, but I want it as physically painless as possible. My preference would be to die quietly in my sleep, like grandpa. Not screaming and shouting like everyone else in the car that he was driving.

Theory: I would like to say that I do not fear the unknown, but let's face it. You know me better than that.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that andrula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am scared of dying as I am enjoying life and don't want to leave this wonderful world even at its toughest moment. I am scared to leave my family behind, as I believe it would hurt them and cause an affect on their quality life. When losing someone, you lose a % of yourself due to stress, and emptiness.

Scariest Thing About DEATH - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy