Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Scariest Thing About DEATH - Page 2

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
bluescartissue is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Truthfully I think I'm a little crazy because I have been in drug related comas and have been so close toi death and yet I don't fear it, Death is only another stage in life.

"FORGETTING JUST TO BREATH"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes death is hard to face but then so is life (=> seeking the truth) Sorry about your condition, I wish I could be of service to you but that seems to be the way of these days.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 36yrs • F •
flipflop4ever is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
im not afraid about death itself. everyone dies. the scarey thing is how it wil affect the ones i love... and if my life made a difference. i already think it has... but its all in God's hands. I do want to live as LONG as i possibly can.... but to really live.... that wil make death seem so small! i really just don't want to suffer when i die.

"I was just Frontin"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Me neither, I've been in two near-death experiences- a go-kart crash at 60 and a logpile collapsing, so I'm no longer afraid of it. I don't want to suffer, preferbly quick. How it affects the ones I care about does worry me a bit, though. As for me wanting to live as long as possible, 'it matters not the years in your life but the life in your years.' so I'm not stopping doing crazy fun things!

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Methuzula is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my priorities have changed drastically in the last year... i used to challenge death, i've been the victum of two "jumpings" by groups of people... i never feared i even laughed while being attacked by 15 puerto ricans and 1 white guy... i've stood in front of the gun of a navy seal candidate drunk and ready to shoot my friend... i've grabbed cops by the pointer finger because i felt i was above being demeaned by them and didn't fear for my safety...
now i have a 4 month old daughter and it's solidified my relationship with my fiance... leaving them behind without the unconditional love and support that i provide, leaving their future to chance and subject to human nature's tender care would scare me if i were comatose...
a family changes priorities...
i'm sure once i inherit from my father some of his wealth it will further alter my perspectives and realign my view on death and dying.
that is my final answer, fear of death is really fear of loss, in my opinion the more you have to lose the stronger the vibe...

"You are affected by 3 generations and you affect 3 generations, and every third generation a major change takes place in the family."
 39yrs • M •
Krispy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"The fear of death is more to be dreaded than death itself."
Publilius Syrus said that. Personally I don't necessarily trust the opinion of a 2100 year old mime. Still, its interesting how many people are occupied with primordial angst over an incident they've never experienced, nor recieved reliable witness testimony. I think we can get so fixated on a destination beyond our personal horizon, we never notice the slow dying in our dragging steps. Thats what scares me, the invisible death that nobody notices, not even ourselves.

""If a man takes no thought about what is distant, he will find sorrow near at hand." --Confucius"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, don't take as a goth or sumtin, but I look foward to death somewhat! but at the point when I have figured out life, because death is just one further step or perhaps the last step towards understanding reality. After Buddha became enlightned, he allowed himself to die, as he had fully experiance and understood life at this level of existance, and was ready to experiance the higher stages.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For me, im most scared of dying alone.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 39yrs • M •
Auir-Fenix is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My fear about death and dying is that after im done, i will just be forgotten and all my belongings will be scraped out and scattered among friends. That means that me (while i was living) will never be whole again. It will always have little peices in a different place among friends and other people. Another thing that scares me is if i dont go to "The Promise Land" or "Hell" i will have to walk the earth as a soul that no one can see or talk or interact with. Just watching everything go and take place. Especially if im married and i have to watch my wife go along with her life, and then she decides she wants another person to spend the rest of her life. Yeah, you could say im selfish, but thats just me.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
anyway, death is a part of life, but i fear that when i die i will look back on my life with regret for not doing some of the things i want to and not acomplishing everything i hope to

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i laugh in the face of death, i fear no evil therefore there is no need for fear.

"i hate cRap!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TRANCEND is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I DONT FEAR DEATH, THE ONLY THING IM AFRAID OF, ON THE SUBJECT, IS DYING WHILE STILL FEELING UNSATISFIED WITH THE LIFE IVE LED.

"\WHEN YOU CANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"
 33yrs • M •
Taz1144 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I agree with Angel Of Death. I look forward to death. The only thing that scares me about death is hurting the ones I love. If it weren't for them, I would have brought death upon myself by now. But, the saddness of my loved ones is what I fear about death.

"And you. I wish I didn't feel for you anymore."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What scares me is when i actually do die... there is nothing there.
Other than tha,t I am actually very curious as to what happens after death.. I mean really you wouldnt be able to think If you brain stopped sending brainwaves and signals and all that technical crap... I'd really like to think reincarnation is possible though, just starting all over and you remember everything when you first come out but are useless because you can't talk and You eventually forget like It was just a dream.. A very intresting Thought I've had on my mind for quite sometime.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
Scariest Thing About DEATH - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy