Don't believe your eyes, don't believe your ears, don't believe anything that you are, were, or think you will be. For if you do, you shall sure fall into my trap, and I shall kill you slowly under these illusions. - Aubrey Asylum
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is the atom filled with matter?

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
nzk2002 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey does anyone know if the atom if filled with matter of is it filled with solid elemental paratives?

"\\\"Guten Tag\\\"?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would point out that some believe that the nucleus contains both neutrally charged mass & positively charged mass.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 41yrs • M •
nzk2002 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
thanks cturtle

"\\\"Guten Tag\\\"?"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some people believe that the concept of mass, that is, matter, is simply that, a concept, as phantasmic and elusive as the concept of spirit in that it possesses no distinguishing physical characteristics by itself (independent of visible perceptible objects), thus asserting that the true nature of matter is metaphysical iat its most minute component, "descending" beyond the physical into a world outside three-dimensional space.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 72yrs • M •
Yes, some see wizardry in existence in the natural order of existence.
[url=http://particleadventure.org/particleadventure/framel
ess/hadrons.html] Ya, I found this site & wow is it out there 'Lost In Space'!

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, especially when the concepts of science prove to be just as abstract and metaphysical as concepts like soul or spirit. The natural order of things have their roots in something beyond the physical, material world, and it's quite easy to prove it to oneself with simple, common logic.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that frijoles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We've proven that atoms consist of protons, electrons, and neutrons. The question is wether or not these materials exist in a metaphysical realm.

72yrs • M •
quote:
materials exist in a metaphysical realm

Hmm, yes atoms exist at a level forming the structure and properties of elemeents, compounds, mixtures of our physical reality. Atoms are composed of elemental particles, electrons and nuclear (nucleus). Seemingly as we look into these particles we note they coorespond a continum of electromagnetic energy.
1) Looking at the similarities of composition of our reality [4-d] as large number of minute particle system, we should certainly ask is it possible that galaxies composed of large numbers of particle matter may form a reality [existence]? (worlds within worlds) As they exist relative to each other then it is possible such systems beyond our level may form another existence or reality?

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
atoms are made up of electrons, protons and neutrons as we know, however there are particles far smaller than these called neutrenos.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that frijoles is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've heard about those. Supposeddly they make up the material between matters that we can define as atoms. They can pass through anything, no matter how dense, because they are so small. But, we aren't entirely sure what they are, and they might just be undefined energy particles.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many scientists believe that neutrenos hold the key to anravelling the mystery of the origin of the universe. The reason for this is because as we delve further into matter the fine line between matter and energy is somewhat blurred, most scientists agree that the further we delve into matter eventually we will get to a level where there is only energy. The smallest particles such as neutrenos are much closer to this energy level than larger more complex particles and so may hold the secret of where everything came from since in the beginning there was only energy and atoms where created from these.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 72yrs • M •

http://home.earthlink.net/%7Eclayturtle/maza_1.html
Just what exist as' the nucleus' of an atom?

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is my understanding of an atom, at least, I'll start with the hydrogen atom.

Imagine a ball of atomic energy, an explosion the same as the one that occurs in the center of our sun, but on an infinantly smaller scale. This subatomic fusion creates an explosion small enough to be contained by it's own gravity. This, to me, is a Neutron.

As a Neutron degrades, it looses mass. Until, finally, the gravity is weakened enough to allow the electromagnetic forces of the subatomic fusion to 'leak' out. Thus the center of the explosion gains a positive charge, as the electromagnetic cloud(Electron) and all its influences are now kept away from the mass by the buffer zone that keeps the explosion in. This newly devolved Neutron is commonly known as Hydrogen. One proton, one electron.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Atoms fill up space. Matter is anything occupying space and having space. Matter is the material of the universe.
Matter is complex and has many levels of organisation. All atoms (composed of protons, neutrons, electrons) have a weight and energy component. energy in the electron can travel through space as electromagnetic radiation. this energy can be viewed as a stream of particles called photons. Matter can be neither created nor destroyed.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A Walk in the Park
Well, so to speak although it is more of a trek.
At any rate I found myself using the ol´ hob nail express. I had made my way down the street toward the traffic light where I make a left turn. I was walking along facing traffic, when I noted a fan motor laying in broken pieces along the roadway. The rotor had been freed of the coils but shaft remained with the field coils. The rotor with its magnetic material were segmented with lateral sections being cut away & the coils formed circular cross-sections warped around the rotor's magnetic cylinder . . . seeing the coils I tried to apply the Fleming rule.
quote:
Fleming rules: memory aids used to recall the relative directions of the magnetic field, current & motion in an electric generator or motor, using one's fingers.
Thinking about atoms & their chemical bonds then are not atoms like a mini-motor or generator? Wouldn't the bonds (electron fields) form a similar relationship?

[  Edited by Wayback at   ]
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy