Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is the atom filled with matter? - Page 2

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that James008 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
who said in the first place that matter exists, i think it is just extremely dense space-time held together by gravity and strong nuclear force

"Life is interesting but the universe rules."
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Supposedly, the space between the electron shells and the nucleus of an atom (an atom is mostly "empty space" is occupied not by matter but by a substance which scientists cannot detect as of yet. http://jnaudin.free.fr/vta/index.htm. This is a website discussing that "nothing" is still something. What the aotm is filled with is not matter, but supposedly unrecognisable "nothingness", which some people call Dark Matter.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Also, with regards to "dense-space time", gravity in itself is "the bending of space time" which is hard to get your head around. When you refer to dense-space time, i assume you are referring to points in the universe where nuclear force is great enough and gravity is strong enough to create an illusion of matter? However, inter molecular forces are fundamental parts of matter. Gravity cannot create matter, as gravity comes as a result of matter.

29yrs • M •
Decius: We all know that space-time is made of energy so what i mean is that everything in the universe is made of pure energy just in deferent states and densities. and under different densities the properties changes just like matter does here on earth.

Yes TheHollowMen275 now I see the light thank you for enlightening me as I now see it can't be as one needs the other.

but consider this. I once read something about a guy who claims aliens talk to him and he says according to them the universe didn't emerge from one point but from a lot of points, and if this is correct the space-time that emerge from one point could have crashed into another load of space-time causing it to create areas where the density of space-time could be high enough to create its own gravity to keep small regions of space-time together to cause atoms to form and its gravity to sustain the density to make matter exist. that also correlates to the small amount of matter that exist.

This is only speculation and could be incorrect.

28yrs • M •
Interesting theory, as it would also explain the antimatter deficiency in this part of the universe, however, surely if there were areas of higher space-time density, then the background microwave radiation consistency should be slightly different, also, this theory would explain why a lot of the universe is empty space. However, space time in itself was created at the start of the universe, as well as neutrinos, quarks and other fancy tiny stuff. quarks are the particulates which make up electrons, neutrons and protons (in other words, atoms). You must not think of space time as a as an object in itself, rather theoretical dimensions on which we base our physical forces, such as gravity. But i don't want to bore you or anyone else with theoretical physics, branes, 12 dimensions etc

28yrs • M •
Space-time is a simplification of two fundamental dimensions of reality. We consider space to be in 3-Dimensions and time as an added fourth dimension. As such, space-time is not made up of energy as such, it is merely a concept which we use in our physical calculations regarding subatomic and super-galactic equations. Space-time is the closest thing we have currently to a combination of both the laws about the universe and the laws about subatomic stuff, besides string theory.
A truly mind-boggling side note: Technically, planets which orbit a sun travel in a straight line. We merely perceive them to have elliptical or circular orbits because gravity causes a bend in space-time.

28yrs • M •
"The representation of coexistence is impossible in Time alone; it depends, for its completion, upon the representation of Space; because, in mere Time, all things follow one another, and in mere Space all things are side by side; it is accordingly only by the combination of Time and Space that the representation of coexistence arises."- Arthur Schopenhauer

29yrs • M •
TheHollowMen275 please do bore me with all that theories because physics doesn't bore me but in fact fascinates me.

Surely you must know that microwave background comes from every direction, so it must mean that it comes from everywhere, so maybe space-time that is energy itself turns from its normal state to microwave energy when the density in between super clusters is low enough for space time to in a sense evaporate into microwave. and all those particles that you listed is incorrect because the question or statement that was made was that they cannot seem to detect matter inside the atoms even though it exists all around us, but do correct me if i am incorrect. so basically what i am saying is that those particles are all a illusion of a dense form of space-time.

28yrs • M •
Well basically the theory of 12 dimensional space is part of a larger theoretical theory stating that the entire universe is encased on a thin sheet called a brane. Supposedly, according to some hellish mathematical equations, there are at least four other branes, each with universes on them. Whilst on a brane, you perceive all of the dimensions (space, time etc) but whilst off one, it looks like a sheet of matter only 4mm thick. I don't know how scientists have come to this conclusion, but it sure is an interesting theory.

29yrs • M •
Yes that is an interesting theory. but how can they say that it is 4 mm thick from the outside as if you are outside of this distance can't exist as it is only a property of the 3 dimensions??

Decius: by dense space-time i only mean that space-time is energy which can change density just like the density of a gas can change from a dense solid form to a liquid and later to a gas form.

74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Humanbean is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my view, everything is waves. At the point that we envision as the Big Bang (though I have an alternate theory on what that means) all energies are expanding in what could be called "omnidirectinal" direction.

As expansion alows recombination, the quantum waves begin to organize into a radial pattern. this is the differentiation of quantum vs. electromagnetic waves.

The E/M waves continue expanding sperically whilst the quantum waves recombine into an organized 3 d matrix, expanding radially.

From our perspective, within this system, we visualize matter through time.

Getting back to the question of space in atoms...yes a lot of space in common matter relative to the waves that we envision as particles.

However, in the final stages of recombination (all my theortical opinion, of course) the waves are very dense forming Dark Matter.

Dark Matter then "slips off the wave" of forward time wave (and hence is not visible from our perspective) and becomes subject to Dark Energy (anti-direction of time) which is a return flow towards the Big Bang.

Is the atom filled with matter? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy