You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it - The Clash
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Paranoia

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Paranoia
Does anyone ever get so paranoid to the point that you question everything around you?

Thus making you very uncomfortable and uneasy. Like you just want to hide but you can't.

most of the time this happens to me when it's real late and i've been alone for a while.. just reading my monitor

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I sometimes get paranoid walking alone at night or after watching a really freaky movie. I think I get paranoid of the dark, because I can't see the 'evil' things when I think theres a possibility of It lurking somewhere, not that I'm afraid of the dark itself though.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That Because they are watching you and you are somehow are aware of it, there are beings all around us all the time we just don't see or acknowledge it, every time you thought you saw something and then thought oh its just a shadow.....it probably wasn't, your brains just trying to protect you by making you process the information into something its not. Shadow creatures or watchers as I like to refer to them don't worry they are harmless though; usually they like to stay around a specific energy spectrum kind of like a moth to a flame but you are the flame.

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 37yrs • M •
or maybe since we always have people around us we
tend to think someone is there when they are not.. so really it is our mind tricking us not protecting us

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i tend to disagree with you there why would your mind do that unless you have a pshycological dependeance on ppl being around you, but then you would feel relaxed not tense and paranoid.

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 37yrs • M •
yes but after a long period of time maybe 8 to 10 hours of not being around anyone then you might want the company of another person..

being alone does relax and make me comfortable..

im just saying after a long time we might start to go crazy without someone else to witness the sounds we think we hear or the things we think we just saw move..

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many religious traditions have something watching over us. Angels, ancestors, guardian and guiding spirits, etc. I've noticed sometimes in the dead of night, I may get that same feeling of being watched. But it fades as I realize it is those that watch over me.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, as for the feeling of being watched, maybe there really is someone there, and I'm not talking about spirit creatures or supernatural beings, I mean actualy people--like a peeping Tom. You never know if some sick perverted guy is sitting by your window, and his moving about moves his shadow, but you only catch a glimps of it...either that it's just an over active imagination playing mind games again and sometimes it could just be that you have a
quote:
pshycological dependeance on ppl being around you
. I mean, being alone for long periods of time could get lonely, and since we're all human, we could feel that we need someone you know to be there.

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Gee, that sounds.. erm.. paraniod

But yes, you are correct. It may be someone who gets their jollies from spying on people. This can readily be eliminated as a possibility however, by looking out the window.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But when its dark out, and the lights are on inside your house (or room), you cant see out the window. All you can see is glare. I dunno. I dont really get paranoid about peeping toms, seeing as I am a male. That wouldnt freak me out as much as it would gross me out, lol. I actually had a REALLY crazy experience one time, when my parents were out of town, i'm not sure if it was an actual person, or these "beings" that you guys were talking about, but it was about midnight, and I walked out to my car to get some Milk Duds I had left in there from a movie I had went to see that day, and right when I opened the door and looked outside (theres a street light right infront of my house), I could of SWORN I caught a glimpse of someone/something duck behind my car. So I CLOSE the door behind me, not wanting anyone to get into my house, and walk over there, peek my head around my car, nothing. I grab my milk duds, and I look at my CD deck. For some reason, it is ON, no keys in the car, no nothing. Now normally the buttons light up a neon blue, and if you press a certain button, they change to Orange. I looked at it for a second, and of course baffeled, I just stared. Trying to figure out what was going on. It then started to CHANGE colors, from blue, to orange, to purple (which is NOT a color that comes with the deck). It was like flashing, on and off. Alternating colors. Of course me freaked out as fuck, I just grabbed my keys, took off the faceplate, and ran my ass to my front door. I immediatly notice, ALL the lights are off, which I had left at least 4 lights on inside. So I walk inside, hit the living room switch which is right next to the door, look around. Nothing. No one. I checked the house, no one. I was totally freaked out, locked all my doors, windows, everything. And then, I ate cereal. And that was my crazy experience. I dunno what it was, but it was crazy. And I definatly had a hard time sleeping that night.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 35yrs • F •
Are you serious? Thats so damn freaky. It's hard to see outside at night, especially since there's tiny bushes infront. Back where I used to live, this one time I heard a tapping noise on my window, so I looked outside, and no one was there. So I went to my backyard to investigate, and it ends up that it was just my dad trying to scare me. Sometimes though, I hear the tapping sound at night when I'm by myself and I sometimes wonder if someone really is back there, because a while ago I actually saw two people trying to leave because they climbed over then fence. I was just like...what the??? But then I just left it. They were just stealing stuff again.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At those times, I love cuddling up with my mother.

I feel paranoid too, but not of things in the dark. I'm growing paranoid of the workings of society and the government. I've become cynical of a lot of things. Left and right, I am attacked by advertisements telling me what I should be like. It frightens me. Don't even get me started on the elite class and the government.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 45yrs • M •
j222d is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

PARANOIA IS GREAT... IT SHOWS THAT YOU STILL BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE GIVE A FUCK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Paranoia
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy