Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Two more Popes shall reign and the End is come - Page 2

User Thread
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You almost sound frightened, lol.

No one is asking you to believe the Malachy prophecy. But the fact is that many of them are more than apparent in their fulfillment whereas many are vague (much like Nostradamus). This pope's is chillingly accurate in its fulfillment. If you believe Malachy then the next pope will usher in the rule of the antichrist and the end of days. If you don't believe it then none of this should even mildly interest you. I, myself, do not rely upon catholic priests but upon Scripture and the fact that Israel lives again is the most important sign of the times that could possibly exist. However, God's calendar is not known by me so I await his return patiently.

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Frightened? Hardly, merely pointing out yet another contradiction.

And Nostradamus would be chilling, if he had used concise description, as opposed to the vague prose in a language already dead in his time, and arranged his prophesy in a time line, instead of wandering all over. And also if it was not popular during his time, to attempt to gain a monarch's favor in some way, through song, poetry, or mysticism, so one could live high of the table.

So, what do you plan on doing with yourself, and your Scripture, two or three Pope's from now? The current one is not likely to last long after all, so better be quick.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I myself have not read the prophesy - My wife has and she says one more and the current pope will be short lived.

But a strange thing is the Maya Calendar which ends 2012. No one knows for sure what these means, but there are lots of ideas.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
Bear46 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Personally, I believe the Bible. The Bible says in Matthew 24:42-44 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." This clearly shows that no one will know when the end is to come. Just always be prepared because it could happen in the next thirty seconds or it may happen two thousand years from now, nobody knows.

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would also like to point out, that these prophecies never state that the world is going to be blasted into a cinder floating about a dead sun. The prophesies may well mean an end, but in my opinion only to the current Catholic Church.

The ancient Nords had 'Ragnarok', what scholars at one time thought meant 'the end of the world'. They are now looking at Ragnarok as meaning the end of the Nordic world as they knew it, and an end to the Asgardians (Nordic Gods). What many people forget, especially as related to ancient cultures, is that death meant basically two thing. Not only feeding worms, but it could also mean a deep and fundamental change. So no, I do not plan on holding my breath until the end of the world.

Why did the Mayans end their calendar in December of 2012? Because that is when the long cycle end is.
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Personally, I believe the Bible. The Bible says in Matthew 24:42-44 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

I believe that too - difference is, you believe he's coming again, I believe he's already been here a second time and took his true followers with him. That would explain the current lunatics like Pat Roberts who claim to be one of the true church.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cantersha is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bear46

"your only poor when you compare yourself with the man down the street."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fair point but isnt the end of the world supposed to happen after christ has come for the second time
so if he has been again why are we still here
and why is there no record of these people disapering

"rock on"
 64yrs • M •
The way I understand it is that the world doesn't actually come to and end, but it's like ending - things are going very bad, and then Jesus comes and sets up his kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.

There is another interesting interpretation by father fox. Jesus won't actually return but his concience will within those who truely believe.

38yrs • M •
jasoncyrus is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
The way I understand it is that the world doesn't actually come to and end, but it's like ending - things are going very bad, and then Jesus comes and sets up his kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.

ever think it means that eventually the world will be lead by idiots like bush and then a leader with some common sense arises?

"What we do in life, echo in eternity"
 64yrs • M •
You might have something

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm backkkkkkkk

Well, what does it mean, what does it mean??

It means that Christ will reign again. The sinfulness will end. How you ask? BOOM! Big bad explosion of nukes...taking out the majority {2/3's} of the world.

What will last...?

Ok, what will last is fair. In fact, the scripture which everyone quotes was authored and kept and put together by Christ's original and ONLY hand picked Church...bing...Catholicism.

So if Catholicism owned and authored the book, she knows how to read it. I would assume, yet I am correct.

I will stop digressing here...

The Church has in HER scripture that everyone else borrows and reads, and has changed...anyway, in her book it states that the Christ will againreign for a thousand years....and in order to reign, His Church must rise out of the ashes again.

No one else has this knowledge if it were not for the Church and for Christ giving this Revelation to St John.

BTW, Matthew did state the warning signs.
I see ppl are finally seeing them.

Well, those with spiritual eyes that have been opened.

Hey folks....did ya miss me?

Peace!!! And pass the peace. {Gosh its been so long in here...lol}

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
I havent been in since April...now I know yins missed me like crazy...try to refrain from the smooches and stuff.

I extend my love to all.

64yrs • M •
quote:
It means that Christ will reign again. The sinfulness will end. How you ask? BOOM! Big bad explosion of nukes...taking out the majority {2/3's} of the world.

Can you quote me a scripture on that. I do hope you're joking, if two thirds of the earth was taken out by nukes, that would include the good, and bad and the ugly. This is an ecosystem that I doubt could survive on just one third of the earth if it wasn't poisoned by the other two thirds.

The bad would be the nukes, and the way to take out the bad is to stop the nukes. If we nuked two thirds of the earth, I doubt Jesus would want to come back.

56yrs • F •
quote:
Can you quote me a scripture on that. I do hope you're joking, if two thirds of the earth was taken out by nukes, that would include the good, and bad and the ugly. This is an ecosystem that I doubt could survive on just one third of the earth if it wasn't poisoned by the other two thirds.

The bad would be the nukes, and the way to take out the bad is to stop the nukes. If we nuked two thirds of the earth, I doubt Jesus would want to come back.

The Nukes I gathered from apparitions. Medjugorje has been warning the world since 1981,...that a gr8 fire will consume the earth and 2/3's will be destroyed.
ALSO Revelation submits a gr8 angel destroys the earth with fire. 18; 21. The angel throws down the gr8 brimstone {Which is fire}
ALSO, read Nostradamas...the dude says essentially the same thing.

Revelation 20...
Then verse 4
AND I saw thrones, and men sat upon them and judgement was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who has been beheaded because of the witness to Jesus and because of the Word of God, and who did not worship the beast, or his image, and did not accept his mark upon their foreheads or upon their hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Well, here is the thing...if you also read Revelation 19, 17-21
This is about the FALSE PROPHET....
Notice how this preceeds the verse I gave you about the beheaded ...and who I ask beheads? Especially beheads Christians?

Interesting how we are watching this all play out. Anyway ch 19 is the defeat of the beast and the false prophet. The false prophet who denies the Divinity of Christ.
The beast is the UN...read ch 17 and 18 for further details.

Ok, now we have Christ again reigning.

AND who reigns with Him..? The Saints!

WHO are the Saints? etc etc

Anyway.... as for the ecosystem and what not Ok...it would seem we rely too much on nature and not on God. God created this universe..and He can reshape, reformat and realign it as He sees fit.

PEACE!

Two more Popes shall reign and the End is come - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy