No object is so beautiful that, under certain conditions, it will not look ugly. - wesdawgy
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

From Iraq

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From Iraq
quote:
Stop-Lossed Veteran
Two weeks ago, my service in the army was to have terminated. Instead, I am in Iraq for the second time. I sit next to a DOD contractor whose job is identical to mine. Except he makes $120,000 more, works four hours less, and visits home four times more often than I do.

I am not alone in my anger and humiliation. When we were here in 2003, there was anger, but there is a difference between anger and bitter hatred. The atmosphere of discontent is thick and contagious. Even soldiers not stop-lossed feel The Betrayal. They know it might be them next time.

Dissent will not change anything for us now because our voices are muted. Still, there is hope. It is that in twenty years, it will be these men and women in office.

Perhaps, that alone should make me feel better. I don't think it is enough, though, for our wounded and fallen. I can't speak for them, of course. Not yet, at least.

Daniel

http://www.optruth.org/main.cfm?actionId=globalShowStaticContent&scr
eenKey=userShowStories&userID=97744

Stop Loss by the way means that your tour has been involuntarily extended. They are only supposed to do that in time of war. But seeing that Mr. Bush has already declared that we won the war, the legality of this is currently being debated.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ikiris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I really don't like the goverment, or the military. However that aside stop loss has to stop. The way I look at it, if we are in a war on terror, which has no definable end then how can they use that to keep people in? I mean between Iraq and afganistan we are going to be needing troops for those countries for quite some time. If they claim the war on terror is enough to keep these people in, and that war has no end, then what can they just keep these people till they decide they can go? I heard several people have gone to court over this but I don't recall hearing how it turned out. Either way until somebody takes this to court and wins, the people up top and just gonna keep extending whoever they want since they currently need the man power.

"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun! - Ash"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wouldn't this war on terror be more affective, if we paid more attention to our borders and keeping them out, instead of chasing this 'ghost' of terror all over the globe? I think it would certainly save more American lives that way.

Seems to me that an offer of several million a head in gold bullion would make someone cough up the leaders and planners in terrorism.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 64yrs • M •
We went to Afghanistan to fight terror. We went to Iraq because Saddam was a great enemy of the Saudi Arabian Royal family, and Mr. Bush didn't like him either, especially since Saddam made personal threats against Bush Sr. Also, Iraq had a lot of oil and we new supplies would be running short. The reasons we went to Iraq will be discussed and debated throughout history. One thing is certain is that we didn't go to Iraq to fight terrorism, and yet I still keep hearing people call this a war against terror, all I can say is that Mr. Bush's propaganda machine has worked very well. Foreign terrorism did come to visit us in Iraq. As one person described it at Military.com, Iraq had become a fly paper for terrorist. Believing that this was a good thing, cause then we could fight them all there. But not realizing that Iraq had become a recruiting ground for terrorism, giving them a cause and reason, they had purpose, and with 100,000 dead Iraqis, they could be justified in fighting the U.S. Our fight against Saddam and to take control of additional oil resources caused an increase in terrorism. Ben Ladin is not in Iraq and we're not pursuing him. The only thing we are supposed to be doing is protecting the process of the creation of a new government and military in Iraq against foreign and domestic enemies and one could only wonder if those enemies are only there because we are, and we are there to control the flow of oil under the influence of the Royal family who controls the price of oil. There was a time once when we were being choked off of the oil supply and it caused riots at gas stations. We have an oil surplus to prevent that from ever happening again, but the oil surpluss isn't as large as they claim it is.

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oil or not, I don't seem to have a problem understanding why these terrorists have attacked us, and seem to be escalating their efforts. Three Fundamentalists have just been picked up for suspicion of planning to bomb several buildings on Wall Street. What did we really expect, when we have already forced the replacement of two governments in the Middle East, and the interference of other governments in the past?

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 64yrs • M •
Once again though, that has nothing to do with Iraq, or it does now, because we've created them a cause at our expense.

I see what you're saying.

I do have a problem with terrorism, but I also have a problem with us not recognizing our own terrorist activity.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Either bush was lied to by Intell or he lied to us. The end of the cold war & highly profitable industries that had milked the public trust & funds needed to reestablish their cartablanc with public funds. Capitalistic growth requires high profits even if the resourses aren't so they need oil, the life blood to maintain growth. The War on Terrorism is just the excuse to continue military spending (going to war industries) to continue world domination policy.
They want to rule the world, not live in peace in the world.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
Bush lied to us and used the intel to get away with it. He was briefed about the possibility of uncertainty. There is proof that going to war with Iraq was his inention long before 9/11. 9/11 is just what they neede.

This year the DOD budget will be over 500 billion. Our little war in Iraq doesn't even cost a tenth of that. All the missles they fired were already paid for. This is a scam, and I cannot believe that there isn't a news media organization looking into it.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
From Iraq
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy