Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

RANT ON ABOUT ANYTHING!!!! - Page 8

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fucking price of concert tickets, I'm going to go to a coldplay concert and i we want floor sitting fucking 100 dollars. That is highway robbery. The saddest thing is i'm going to pay it. Why because i know it'll be a once in a life time exsperance but 100$. I can't think of a single thing that would make ticket that much ... but what ever it is what it is i guess

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I work for a grocery store the policies, rules, procedures set fourth by the company piss me off. They are redundant, inefficient, and ridiculous. I am a cashier and I am not able to use certain coupons without overrides for a manger how inefficient. I don't know I think not only my company but all companies run like this.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is so fucking hot! last years summer had a record heatwave. this year we are beating it by a mile. i cannot stand the heat. its driving me crazy.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 34yrs • M •
come to Michigan and you can freeze, its has not gotten above 20 degrees in like two weeks, plus wind chill makes it even colder. a couple of weeks ago they shut down some of the schools because it was so cold roughly around -20 F.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ITS SO BLOODY COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chained is ranting about it being hot, i wish it was warmer, my god its freezing!!! I feel like its seeping into my bones, my gloves dont even work, lol batteries fuked,

im moving back to Pakistan lolll.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 42yrs • M •
You lucky lucky bastards!

Its the hottest its ever been in over 100 years. And it doesn seem to be going to get cooler any time soon.

I find im a naturally 'hot" person who is warm even in winter. I get hot very easily. So when it is over 40 (100) it really melts my core.

Im sitting in my underwear, covered in sweat, with a stupid fan that does nothing but fan hot air onto me. And im spraying myself down with a spray bottle and worrying if its gonna get in my computer and short circuit it.

The one thing about the cold is you can make yourself warm, no matter what the temperature. But you cant make yourself cool.

Agrrgghh.

34yrs • M •
buy an air conditioner, that always helps , as for me i need to get a fireplace.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your writing on cynic when you bump you key board the page refreshes and you last 1/2 hour of writing was for nothing ...

and yeah in michigan its was down to close to -40 with the wind chill, but rather this then the heat. Hopefully it goes away sometime soon for you chained.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
[  Edited by zachf at   ]
 42yrs • M •
lol, i do have an airconditioner. But it only cools my bedroom. The rest of the house is an oven. And so is everywhere else I go.

Ill be willing to trade you my fireplace for a decent airconditiong system that goes through my whole house.

The fireplace I decided to never light till I met that special someone, and we could experience it together. But three years on, no one has lit my fire.

So id gladly trade it for something useful.

34yrs • M •
in Michigan we freeze in the winter (-40 F) and boil in the summer (90 +F) we live the spectrum of weather here. we have to spend a vast amount of money to protect our selves from the weather. it is a daunting task.

42yrs • M •
The problem with you Americans is you have to be different to the rest of the world. Even with the way you measure the temperature.

Just out of interest, here is a converter of what things are like in both °C and °F degrees.

°C          °F             Description

100       212       Water boils
40          104          Hot Bath
37          98.6       Body temperature
30          86          Beach weather
21          70          Room temperature
10          50          Cool Day
   0          32          Freezing point of water
-18             0       Very Cold Day
-40          -40       Extremely Cold Day

The heatwave here has been over 45 degrees for many days which equates to about 113 degrees in America.

Now if you notice the body temperature being about 37, it can get quite uncomfortable when it goes much past that. Like being in a VERY hot bath for the whole day. (an most of the night too, since it isn't going down much then either.)

The record has not just been the actual high degrees, but the amount of days its been so high. About a week or so which is the longest it has been in recorded history for South Australia. I haven't been able to find any good articles on it since the heatwave is still continuing and so the statistics are changing by the day. But all i know is: its hot. So hot, the elderly are dropping dead and metal train tracks are buckling like wavy lines under the sun.

I have to admit though, when you guys talk about it being below freezing, that i haven't really experienced much weather like that myself.

I know that when its very cold for long amounts of time it can be almost painful. But as I said, I am hot all the time, even in winter, so the cold doesnt bother me as much. And its easy to take measures to keep warm. Like take a hot bath lol.

But since this is just ranting or rambling, I thought it might be interesting for ppl around the world to know what its like in other places.

[  Edited by Chained Wings at   ]
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ajax271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So it's been sunny outside for a week now, and I'm starting to get used to the idea of half-naked women with spray-on tans parading outside my windows chatting on their four-hundred dollar cellphones and comparing manicures. It's the life. Summertime is about the fun and relaxation, but it's becoming more and more about the scenery! And as such, I have to note the gradual transition here from summertime natural beauty to the summertime human billboards.
I am not the most in-tune when it comes to summer fashions (There has been petitions handed around for someone to do a complete outfit overall for me, get me out of ragtag flannel shirts and jeans, usually started by my girlfriend at the time) but this year I have been introduced to this weird and random company called "Think Pink". They unabashingly adorn the well-formed asses of women around the colleges and downtown, almost daring men like me to prove our literacy and read it. That being said, I can clearly state that this company has a sense of humor all its own, as I witnessed yesterday with a small child pointing to one of these emblazoned "Team Pink" butt-shorts-that-should-be-a-handkerchief and asking his mom "What does that say?" The mom replied "Team Pink, can't you read? And you shouldn't be looking at her rear end anyway." The kid shot up to superhero intellectual in my book when he looked at the banner, looked at his mom and asked, "They why did they put it there if we don't want to read it?" BINGO! The answer, dear child- it's not because we want to, but because we, as males, will.
Now this begs the question, "What if I get caught staring at a "Think Pink" rear?" This answer is not as clear as you'd think. I've seen women shake it so that the guys across the street can read it better, and I've seen a poor soul get slapped something fierce when he was paying respects to the advertisement during a queue for Pizza (In fairness, he was being a pain.) But this brings up a whole new respect issue for women that I find as a man to be, well, intriguing. If my eyes are immediately attracted to the advertisement displayed on a pair of shorty-shorts, I miss so much about the person- eyes, smile, personality, etc. The "Think Pink" company has successfully objectified its customers to be- in short with proper anatomy- faceless talking ass-advertisements, great to meet at a party, great to see on the street. But as a cynic, I'm a little perplexed by it. I'll just have to bottle it up and go on making less-than-politically correct gestures and quips on the topic. And short rants.
Finally, the other fashion quip of the summer is the "Paris Hilton sunglasses", AKA the ear-mounted front-facing motorcycle helmet with the brown-to-amber gradient built in. I cannot understand this particular piece of headgear! It is large, unruly, and to be quite honest I do not find fly-eyes particularly attractive. Their effectiveness as shades appears to be normal, as it seems everyone is wearing these things, but I can't imagine how Paris Hilton (a) kept those things on without tipping over, and (b) how she was able to sell countless pairs of these and chihuahuas to boot. Someone needs to seriously punt Tinkerbell. Preferably while wearing a good pair of "Team Pinks."

"\\\"Discretion in speech is more than Eloquence\\\""
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ive been "seeing" a guy for over a month. I know...its only a month. BUT, we like each other alot.

Im a hot chick and I want to have a tag that says I AM EXCLUSIVELY SOMEONE ELSES on my forhead.

Otherwise I am fresh meat for the drunken fuck. (wait...are we still allowed to swear on here?)

So my rant is MAKE ME YOUR SEEING PARTNER....LABEL IT....OR DON'T GET PISSED WHEN I FIND SOMEONE ELSE CAUSE YOUR TOO SLOW!! Grrrr. Woof!!

K thats my rant. Lol.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
SOMALIAN PIRATES KICK ASS.
#$%#% YOU NATO

"i have nothing original to say."
 31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that XFreeGlowStickX is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You were the center of my life, and now I've moved on. I'm living my life as though you might not have exsisted. I'm being reckless and stupid, but having fun in the process.

I met someone...

You somehow found out. When things were advancing with this other guy, that very same day you talked to me, you actually called me. What does that mean!?! How can I forget you, when you're everywhere?! How do I give you the space you've longed for, when this guilt crushes me?

Ive never been so confused.

"There is only one Happiness in life, to Love and be Loved"
RANT ON ABOUT ANYTHING!!!! - Page 8
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy