We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

r.l.stine

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
r.l.stine
i am not a big reader. i find things hard to understand and comprehend even though i am intelligent. I remember reading r l stine books ( goosebumps ) when i was younger. they were freaking awesome. anyone else ever read them?

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have one of his books but I didn't read it because I didn't like it when I stated to read it and I remember there was a TV show based on his books

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am the viper... ive come to vash your vindows

ah that takes me back. i havent heard any mention of R L Stine in FOREVER!

not a big fan... but the stuff was alright.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
R.L Stine was probably a bigger part of my childhood than fruit roll-ups ( which means he was a MAJOR part in my life). He moved me on to better things. R.L. Stine got me writing my own works of horror.
I've moved on to Stephen King now, but really, who is Stephen King but the R.L Stine for adults?

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 37yrs • F •
Ripplez is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
aha does this guy still write books? his books were the trend at one point in middle school or so.. but now that i think back.. it was all a bunch of crap.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that syrcadalena is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I used to read RL Stine when I was, like, eight or nine a lot. Gradually, they became too simple for me and I realised that many of his ideas were unoriginal. When I was a kid, the one that scared me most was the one with the sponge under the sink.

The only Goosebumps book that I can recall that continues to scare me to this day when I read it is the one with the black and white world in that school. Don't remember what it's called, but it scares me because it's more conceptually scary than BOO! scary.

"For each time mankind progresses, man himself regresses."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that firstright89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i read forty of his books but none really scared me unlike shivers (but that was a long time ago.)
now i read hitchhiker's guide series( i cant seem to find all the books) and Harry Potter's and of course Sun Tzu Art of War

"choose to be happy today"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i never really liked the goosbumps series.but another book series he wrote is called "Fear Street",anyone hear of it?i like that series alot better,i was really into it in 7th grade.he also wrote "the nightmare room" series.its OK,but its not as good as fear street.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i never really liked his stuff, i read a bit of one of the books, and saw a couple of episodes of the tv series, but it was just kids doing really stupid things slightly less scary than the blue peter annual holiday. (british kids tv series which is an interests magazine, every summer they go somewhere warm and sunny and report on it afterwards)

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have read all of his books and owned most of them at one point or the other. But I have never found any books that scare me.

In most books I can usually guess what's going to happen to the characters, unless the do something completely different.

But overall I think it was a good series.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
r.l.stine
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy