Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Excerp: America is not a Christian Nation - Page 10

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
So the Iraqi citizens were responsible for the 9/11 attacks? Have we killed enough Iraqi's to satisfy your bloodlust? Is this part of that whole 'eye for an eye' idiom?

This is a clear example of how NOT to follow Jesus.

Iraq was never a threat to the great U.S.A. - we were told that they were, we were lied to, and currenlty this is being debated in Washington.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

YOU believe you know everything...?

IS this also a political thread??

Again...you know not the hearts NOR the prayers of the Muslims...and because you walk over to your water facuet and have clean water...you stand in a position to judge what they wanted?

You can walk outside and not fear a soldier will abduct your child.

You went to school....and not a mud hut, and you got an education.

You can safely ascertain that you can speak as you choose without having your whole family murdered...freedom of speech.

AS far as I am concerned you are seflish....everything you have you take for granted...and do not desire the same for others, an oppressed ppl's.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So when have you ever feared those things you mentioned? Have you not 'enjoyed' the same freedoms and sense of safety? Have you ever been to Iraq, or talked to Iraqi immigrants, or even been out of this country? And just when have you ever been oppressed? Besides, if you 'speak out' about the wrong people even here, you and your family might still 'disappear', it happens consistently in LA among gangs, and everywhere with organized crime. There are areas of my city alone, where upright, law-abiding citizens dare not go.

What about the poverty, starvation, murders, oppression, etc. that occur every day in other countries around the world, AND here in the US?

And you have yet to answer one question succinctly, dear, what gives America the right to interfere with any foreign country?

No single country is to blame for 9/11, the 'evidence' you supplied with a few links, including a heavily edited news program, is not proof that Saddam was responsible. 'According to intelligence agencies' means that it was not an official statement, and could have been made by anyone, even those only claiming to work for any 'agency'. And we still await the findings of the WMD.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
IS this also a political thread??

Yes it is - it's about God and governement.

Your discription of Iraq before the war and now is so far off.

Why do you make stuff up?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I noted a statement on your part which should be explored.
The reason Christians fear have the Holy Spirit is because they were taught to fear spirituality lest they be lead astray.
The GOD of the OT , sent prophets before those nations that all would know ' GOD ' because these actions Glorified GOD.
Christians do not kill because if you kill the unrepenten sinner , you murder his soul. So killing does not Glorify GOD through Jesus Christ.
Of all The Wars this nation fought has ever served GOD or promote the Christian Way?
The closest would be WW !! ?
To end the war they chose to use the Bomb, which they recieved from whom? Then using the spirit of fear , they promoted "turning their impliments of war into plow shears?
No, they used it to start the Cold War & divide the world, lording over other nations.
What god does these wars glorify? God, where is His Prophet going beforeHim?
Jesus Christ, please don't even accept that LIE for Christ!
By whose authority were these things done? By what hand were these things done?
This knownledge from the Forbidden Fruit, does it serve GOD or man?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 72yrs • M •
Yes, After all this time I am less convinced that the nation (people) of these lands actually know what is truth but have been lead astray from it.
I know that: had we not supported but rather government had sent as on our energy, water & air as the arms race, we would be off NOW.
After all, according to the propaganda, the USA pretty much lead that race all the Way?
What if we had put as much money into alternate energy or independency on oil as that used by the space program, would "we" all not better off? Ya, hind sight is always 20/20?
Right . . . if we bother to look.

72yrs • M •
quote:
Ya, hind sight is always 20/20?
Right . . . if we bother to look.
Oh, Ya Christian principles in action . .
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/68028/depleted_uranium.htm#68052

58yrs • M •
the voice is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
anyone read Pres. Washingtons diary and personal notes?? To say the usa was not founded on christian principles is absurd. They understood all to well that church and state must not merge. At any rate it really does not matter. A time will come when you will long for the good old days of a young christian nation.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yep, can't wait to start burining witches again. Maybe we can find some indiginous people to slaughter, oh wait, we're covered there, but slavery, we need to start bringing them home and calling them not human because we think the bible tells us so. Maybe we can get the supreme court to rule them not human like they did with Blacks following their Christian ways. Though none were very Christian for allowing the right to practice other religions, I know God frowns on that.

Just so you know, Christian principles are borrowed from common sense. Unfortunately though, superstition and cult group think has wiped that away from many religious practitioners.

Current and past problems of America and the world have not come from there being less Christians or less ardent believers, on the contrary.

The ease in which Christians of America in particular are led into war, racism, classism through fear of challenge of their unstable belief structure is staggering. All because they can't commit to the common sense and therefore destroy themselves and others to protect their superstitious mindset.

So closed off from reality they don't even realize their most famed and beloved leaders of their churches and of their choosings over the rule of the government, like Bush, turn out to be Gay pedophiles and or corrupt business men and politicians parading as evangelicals often while endulging in quite un Christian, and often refered to as Satanic, rituals.

The main lesson Christians have fallen flat on is being wary of false prophets. And many have sold their soul in the ignorant protection of those deemed "evil" or criminal by common sense.

And just so you know, there will be no return to early America, Christian or not. Our Evangelical poser President, among others, has sold our country out to the coming one world government that the Bible warns of. There will be no America. Its already happening to the cheers of most ignorant Christian Bush supporters.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 58yrs • M •
the voice is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the religion of common sense, hmm... when I hear what the non christian world leaders are saying, I think I' stick to us dumb, war causing christian witch burners. Does common sense tell you what Jesus taught ? racism,murder, not christian traits, those that have done such will be judged accordingly. Can common sense tell you about heaven or hell? Nope, ya gotta to take a leap of faith to enter heaven , common sense aint gonna get ya there. youve painted a broad picture of christianity which most people I know are not a part of.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Can common sense tell you about heaven or hell? Nope, ya gotta to take a leap of faith to enter heaven , common sense aint gonna get ya there.

I'm afraid you may have poo pooed on yourself here.

Was it a leap of faith that told you about heaven or hell? I'll field this one for you, no, it was not.

It was a cult with a book.

quote:
youve painted a broad picture of christianity which most people I know are not a part of.

Oh, so you aren't true Christians then, roger that.

quote:
racism,murder, not christian traits, those that have done such will be judged accordingly.

Well you better hope you picked the right judge to please.

Racism, depending on the intended context of the "chosen race", this may be debatable.

Murder, one of god's favorite past times, first born sons always a hit with the devout. And perfectly ok as long as you see visions of angels or something Godly telling you to do so, according to the bible.

quote:
Does common sense tell you what Jesus taught ?

That's a silly question, did religion, faith, belief, jesus, and or god tell you what Jesus taught?

No, people were told what to believe, by other people. Common sense is what tells you that you shouldn't believe everything you hear, read, or even see, and that just because a lot of people believe it, doesn't make it true either.

Common sense is what reminds you that those who make claims of fact on issues they did not witness nor directly discovered the physical reality of, or on subjects of opinion and subjective views, are themselves reminders of the need for and the blessing of the concept of skepticism.

And, once hearing tale of what Jesus taught, unless you answered yes to the above question, common sense is what tells you, duh.

What did Jesus teach that wasn't taught somewhere before?

quote:
when I hear what the non christian world leaders are saying, I think I' stick to us dumb, war causing christian witch burners.

Oh, and what are they saying, and exactly how does if differ from what "christian" world leaders are saying.

All I hear from any of these generally sick fucks is that your ways are bad, mine are good, and I'm gonna bomb you till you agree or die. Or this classic, I'm gonna bomb and shoot you till you stop bombing and shooting people.

And there's a lot of "GET OFF MY LAWN" interspersed.

And hopefully, not holding my breath, but hopefully you understand that what world leaders say, "christian" or not, isn't all that can be said.

And I made no reference to a "religion" of common sense.

But I'm sure you have probably said at some point that your religion is indeed, common sense.

quote:
when I hear what the non christian world leaders are saying, I think I' stick to us dumb, war causing christian witch burners.

Did you actually just say that? Seriously...

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
An important point IronWood
quote:
The main lesson Christians have fallen flat on is being wary of false prophets. And many have sold their soul in the ignorant protection of those deemed "evil" or criminal by common sense.

quote:
anyone read Pres. Washingtons diary and personal notes?? To say the usa was not founded on christian principles is absurd. They understood all to well that church and state must not merge.
Perhaps we should look at those who recieved the teachings of Jesus & the apostles and what did they teach related to government? Where is it written that church & state should be separate?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 59yrs • M •
OakShadow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Our Declaration of Independance, although certainly an important histrorical document, is not a US legal document. It is a letter of intention, crafted by a people still beholden to a Christian Monarchy for the eyes of that Christian King. It has no bearing on our laws whatsoever.

Our Constitution, that document which does indeed lay down our laws and governmental procedure, does not contain any reference to anyone's deity, not even the rather Deist view found in the DOI.

Our Founders thought it so important to keep religion and government seperate, to protect the citizen's religious rights, that they put the concept in the very first sentance of the 1st Bill of Rights. Congress may not advocate, support, or found, any religion.

Our laws are based on English Common Law, developed by the pre-Christian Saxons centuries before Christianity invaded those shores. Our governmental structure borrowed many ideals and procedures from a system already in place on this continent before Europeans hit these shores, the 5 Nations concept.

Although the US has a large Christian population, we have never been a Christian Nation, in other words a "Christian Isreal". Our Founders witnessed exactly what happenes to individual rights in a theopolitical nation, and strove to design a nation that would hold that concept at bay. Why would they leave a theopolitical country, merely to found another?

And from the "Treaty of Tripoli" of 1796-97, a document which by definition is law, Article 11 clearly and succinctly states...

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion;..."

72yrs • M •
quote:
It is a letter of intention, crafted by a people still beholden to a Christian Monarchy for the eyes of that Christian King. It has no bearing on our laws whatsoever.
Ah but the next section does infact show that the first admendment protecting the freedom of religious choice?
quote:
Our Founders thought it so important to keep religion and government seperate, to protect the citizen's religious rights, that they put the concept in the very first sentance of the 1st Bill of Rights.
So we agree that the USA in not Christian but rather we practice Capitalism in a loosely defined (self) governing state. [opposed to Nation which is more related to its people]?

59yrs • M •
OakShadow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Um, cturtle, your reply was a bit confusing. Would you mind clarifying please?

Excerp: America is not a Christian Nation - Page 10
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy