In order to be happy you have to be wierd. Mostly due to that fact that to be normal, you have to be absolutly miserable. - Anonymous
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Could Bush Be Right? (part 1)

User Thread
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,343378,00.html

Der Spiegel is a far-left German newspaper. After the Iraqi election, they are considering the possibility that their opposition to the war may be wrong. Furthermore, they are wisely remembering their reaction to Reagan and rejection of his beliefs and policies. They remind us that when Reagan called for Gorbachev to "Tear down this Wall" most Germans editorialists and politicians scoffed and ridiculed him. They remember how wrong they were and how right Reagan was and are afraid they may be making the same mistake again. They interestingly explained that Europeans want the world of yesterday and are afraid of change where as America thrives on change and looks to the world of tomorrow.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think the one thing that should separate the left from the right is the left's ability to live outside of their own heads and look at a situation for what it is. i don't know if this war thing is going to work or not, but if it does, i say, hey, i don't like bush or the ultra-right conservatives that have taken over the country, but i got to hand it to them--they did a pretty good job turning a total fuckup into a success. this is playing reality above politics, which is about as progressive as you can be i think. i'm sure there are people all across america secretly wishing this war will end in disaster simply because they don't like bush. sounds pretty childish to me.

"You are reading this."
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"An obscure newspaper in Germany questions anti-war sentiment and that means that Europeans as a whole should support the war? "

Just because you've never heard of Der Spiegel does not make it obscure, lol. In fact it is one of the most read European news magazines.

400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
goerge bush is right and germany and france are not only left, they are also WRONG!

"i hate cRap!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Care to elaborate?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 400yrs • M •
so you want to debate me then? think twice because i am well aware of why things are so messed up regarding the war in iraq and all the other wars we've had to deal with. you might not like my answers so before you pour gas on an open fire... ask yourself is it worth it?

"i hate cRap!"
 46yrs • M
Debate? How about you share your insight, then we can see if anything even needs to be debated.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 46yrs • M
How about you share your insight. There's a start. Now that my test has shown that out of a choice of reasonable discourse and emotional antagonization, which I presented both, you choose the latter.

Nothing can be debated untill something is presented to debate.

400yrs • M •
no problem. i'm not a self loathing anti-war protestor and i'm not anti-american... and i don't agree with every bush policy either. example terry schiavo, the border, etc.

and i think the pope was full of shit about the sex scandal...

so i'm no neocon if that's what you're thinking. trust me i'm more on the lines of say michelle malkin or bill o'reilly... i'm conservative to a point and i do embrace a few liberal policies too.

you generalize as much as you've claimed i do.

alright?

"i hate cRap!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that firstright89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"i think the one thing that should separate the left from the right is the left's ability to live outside of their own heads and look at a situation for what it is"
i disagree i find it easy to see other's point view but most people on both sides of spectrums cannot think in another mind.
i am a republican but not a churchgoer if you can understand what that means.

"choose to be happy today"
 35yrs • M •
Un_Silenced is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ok.....so there's some German newspaper who admitted they might just maybe supposedly kinda just a smidge been a bit wrong about the war in Iraq.....your point?

BTW-Poser Exposer, take a grammar lesson, learn correct punctuation, learn to make coherent, intelligent thoughts, and stop poking at non-existent fish with your oh so large american loving patriotic penis.

"Fuck your authority"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Azhrei is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I may not always support Bush, but at least he is trying to do something.

This war is going the way of Vietnam, the public was turned by the media and becuase of that a mess ensued.

Most presidents would not have even tried to stop terrorism, just embargoed, keeping the US "The Paper Giant"

"What is true power?"
 46yrs • M
Stop terrorism? Since any attempts to "stop" it, it has only increased, as with the war on drugs, the war on poverty, the war on illiteracy.

And the biggest point to be made about terrorism is its source, Al-Qaeda, like elements of the IRA are simply state sponsored western intelligence tools used to create a "problem", in which the citizens then react demanding action, and then finally the state that created the problem offers a solution, which generally just equates to the state or factions therein gaining wealth and power by instituting new laws granting new powers (domestically and in foreign policy), while elsewhere occupying or otherwise controlling foreign powers and resources.

All of which benefits those who create the terror by the above mentioned granting of new power but also financially through abusive croney capitalism entrenched in the military industrial complex and world energy conglomerates.

The Bushes are the first family when it comes to foreign and domestic policy making, benefiting from military industrial ventures, as well as from world energy aquisition or manipulation.

They are not alone, however, they are both the shining example and the impending threat that Eisenhower so astutely forewarned in his farewell address.

If you are not familiar with any of this or don't understand it or its implications than you don't know why Bush, among others, is a problem, nor why terrorism is actually a home made threat.

What would you do if you had to face hard evidence that our government along with our allies are behind most major terrorist events in the world, directly or indirectly, not to mention, ethnic cleansing, drug running, etc?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Navin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the people have been exposed to that.
from michael moore, to al franken, to the interent.
all of which cite proof of our govt. involvement.
from training the terrorist that crashed our planes, on american soil, to lobbying to put suddami n power, and then giving him fucking chemicals.
the average american can figure outthat this is simply surface and it must go deeper but when faced with these problems, most americans shun the idea, the notion that our govt."greatest ever" is simply the same sefl advancing hypocrits that started our country.
egotistical men who were sexist, racist, and prejudice. but we honor them because of there bravery.

"To kill man's hope is to kill man"
 46yrs • M
Obviously not all have either been exposed or absorbed and understood such info. Hence the point of my post mainly in response to Azhrei.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy