Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous - Robert Heinlein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Abortion

User Thread
 19yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fireflys is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Abortion
what are your views on abortion?

"Don't sweat the petty things, don't pet the sweaty things."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A human being is not a bunch of cells.

A human being is *conscious* it must be a conscious or at least feeling entity.

Until the baby starts having nerves and brains you are allowed to kill it because it is not human yet.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I beleive abortion is wrong.

But I believe an unwanted pregnancy is worse.

A child should be born of (1) a williing body and (2) a world ready for another.

I believe the one most qualified to make this decision is not the governement, the church, family, or even the father, but the mother. She should be free to make that choice. It is here body that must endure, and in most cases it is she who is tied to the responsibility of the childs future. The father can leave, the family can abandon her and the church forsake her, and while this occures, she is still expected to be the mother.

Being free to make this choice, she will most likely fullfill her responsibility. It being forced on her, she may not make a good mother. While aboption is an option, it's still her body that must endure, to be forever changed.

While abortion is a terrible thing, we should incourage its prevention by teaching not just abstanance, but birth control and responsibility. Encourage community support from government, church, family and the father. Should this be in place, a woman may be more willing to have a child.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okcitykid, with your reply, I hold high admiration for you.

37yrs • M •
Is an abortion baby-killing or not?

If its baby killing, then the will of the mother is irrelevent. A mom does not have the right to kill a baby just because it inconveniences her.

However, I don't think feotuses are babies.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is death? Jesus said that if you call a man stupid, you have killed him.

So many children are abused to such an extent that they stop breathing forever. While some will survive this, will they really be living, we hope so, and our hospitals will help them. But what if they weren't born in the first place?

This is not to say that the mother will be bad, but she might suspect that the father, or someone else may not be good. It's a mothers choice. Legal or not, that mother will make that choice even if it might kill her.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 34yrs • F •
maskara_tears is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ok abortion...i dont disagree with it in fact im all for it i mean there circumstances and stuff...but theres gunna be alotta chances out there and seriously hypotheitcially if ur 13 yr old gf or daughter got pregtnant...as if ud want her to keep it...

"Sluttyness being defined as the depiction that a male or female is sexually active and sleeps with mutiple partners and has little moral issue with the exploitation of sexual pleasure."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm pro choice. I have never had an abortion, nor will I ever have one. This is a personal choice. It has nothing to do with society, religion or even law. I do not condemn any woman who chooses to terminate. It's down to one thing - does the mother want the baby?

In my case, even though my family is complete, and I don't wish to deliberately try to conceive again, if I got pregnant, I would "make room for another".

Not everyone is in my situation though. I am in a loving relationship. I have family nearby. I am in good health, and I am certainly mature (aka old) enough to handle a pregnancy and a child.

Therefore, I conclude, if the mother wants to have the pregnancy and the baby, and the life changes that would entail, then she ought to go ahead. If not, then I believe that she should be allowed the choice to terminate instead of going ahead with something which may potentially ruin two lives.

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I personally think abortion is wrong, but I do not believe government should prevent women from having that right. Afterall, the question of whether a fetus is a human being can never be answered empirically. It is a question that goes beyond the physical realm into metaphysical thought. Government should have no say in something that cannot be empirically proven beyond a shadow of doubt. The same could be said for issues like gay marriage. The word marriage is a religious word and should be stricken from all laws and statutes. It should be considered "a union between two consenting adults" because the question of the immorality of homosexuality is based on religious dogma. Abortion 'may' be wrong, but it cannot be proven so and, therfore, I think, should be allowed.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that no matter what stage the baby is in, it's still a living thing and it shouldn't be punished for living. I know that sometimes it's not their fault getting pregnant, like in rape cases, but if you knew what you were doing, then it's just wrong to kill the baby. As for the rape victims, I still think that they should keep it and if they can't afford to, they should give it up for adoption so the baby can have a nicer future. It's just morally wrong to kill an innocent baby. But then again, who am I to say what to do. I've never been faced with the dilemma of having a baby.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • M •
A blob of cells is *not* a human being.

A human being is a a conscious entity with feeling and thought. A fetus has none of these. It is a blob of cells, no more.

It has no right to live until it starts having thought and feeling.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you kill it, it doesn't even have a chance to have feelings and thought. That "blob" is a human-to-be and that in itself is a good enough reason it keep it.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that sjmf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I totally disagree with abortion. It wasn't that baby's choice to be concieved, you and your other should have taken the few minutes to be responsible and take precautions. Abortion should still be illegal.

"I'm every where you don't want me to be!"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel it is the responsibility of the mother to decide. Myself, I feel that all life is sacred, from the wee babe in their mother's womb, to those "animals" we are responsible for, from companions to food types.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • M •
"If you kill it, it doesn't even have a chance to have feelings and thought. That "blob" is a human-to-be and that in itself is a good enough reason it keep it."
What about all those spermatozoons and ovules in people everywhere? They're all *potential* lives. Since when do we defend *potential* people anyway? Potential people have no rights, and I am certainly not going to let the government defend the rights of someone who doesn't exist.

A person is not a blob of cells, a person is conscious and feeling fetuses don't qualify. They are not people, they have no rights and potential people certainly have no rights.

Abortion
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy