Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is It Possible To Not Judge Someone?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
MikeMeezy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I was just wondering, if it is acctuly possible to meet someone and not judge them?
just the word JUDGE trips me out when i think about it, are we really even judging anyone at all? think of it this way, if i said im fuckin tired man, think about what goes throguh your mind and think about what you think about what i said about me being tired. technically you could be like that kids fuckin tired (is that judging?) b/c i could acctuly not be tired? and what i thought made you think about something that labeled my thinking. but still i dont know that you are thinking this way about my thinking. so are you really judging my thinking or are you judging your own thinking, b/c you thought about the way i think, and the way you think about my own thinking your are judging, so are you judging me or your own thinkign about my thinking???????????? and yes.... i do alot of drugs.

"think about the way you think, then think about the way ur thinking about your own thinking....."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, it's pretty hard not to judge someone, or something. Our mind labels everyhthing and everyone.
Yes, refferring to that kid getting tired thing, we judge otherz according to our own experiances and perception of life. Triednness for someone else may be very different for me.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 42yrs • M •
cosmemotor is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think we judge everything, its just our means of perceiving the world. Only thing is that sometimes we have harsher judgements than other times.

"Finding Reconciliation in Oblivion or Infinity..."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think we judge everthing without even realizing it. When you said that you were tired, what stood out to me was not that you were tired, but how you said you were tired ie: the language you used. So what was going through my head was that this guy would swear alot in everyday life, which is no big deal, but thats what just stood out.
But sometimes people don't judge things/people at all. Say for example we'd be walking down the street and you see some guy running with his dog. You can Not judge him by not even considering him at all. In your brain, it wouldn't say "theres this guy running with his dog", it could just dismiss it entirely without a second thought.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we have to judge or else we wouldnt know or even see what we are looking at..what people (shy and stuff) fear is being judged NEGATIVLY (words cant descrbe all ways but try) and that makes you sel concious stop poase feeze and all of that... and yes i am high oo.. or am i?

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you CAN see someone without judging them....even though that's hard you can do it....if you're impartial to everything, everywhere...then you won't judge anything you'll just take it as it is...........but if you want to percieve knowing something, a situation perharps...then you judge, you break down and choose....you create probabilities.....you place yourself in the position......but like I said if you're impartial then all of that won't matter to you....you'd just live good with everybody.... and also people would think that you're crazy cuz you have no opinions.......

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Babies view the world withought judging. Try to view the world from a babies perspective, once in a while. If we see a tree, we'll view it as 'beautifull', 'green', 'ugly' etc. Look at the world withought judging, see things as they are

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Actually, babies do judge people. There was a test that was done to a group of babies to see who they prefer in how a person looks like and it showed that they prefered a more attractive face. I took the following from this website at http://www.newscientist.com/.
quote:
The group took pictures of a variety of female faces and asked adult subjects presented to rate them for attractiveness. Subjects scored each face on a scale from 1 to 5. The researchers then searched for pairs of photographs that were similar in all respects – in brightness and contrast, for example – but at opposite ends of the attractiveness scale.

They then presented these paired photographs to newborn infants, who ranged in age from one to seven days old. All babies were in the still in hospital after birth. One researcher held each infant upright about 30 centimetres away from the two photos. Another stood out of view and noted where the babies eyes were directed.

Almost all the babies spent more time looking at the more attractive face than the less attractive one, says Slater, who will be presenting his results at the British Association for the Advancement of Science Festival of Science in Exeter later this week.

He suggests the reason for this preference is simple - pretty people actually have the prototype of a human face. Researchers have long noted that by melding together hundreds of faces, a statistical average of facial characteristics is reached that happens to be incredibly attractive.

In a baby's mind, these beautiful faces may represent the stereotypical human face, says Slater, which they have evolved to recognise. Such built-in information helps babies learn quickly including the ability to pair faces with sounds like voices.

According to Slater: 'Babies are born with a fairly detailed representation of the average human face that helps them recognise familiar faces and also helps them learn about the social world."

So basically, we judge people from the day we were born.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, if you're not really paying attention to your surroundings, maybe then you will not judge the blurs walking by. If there is conversation, there is automatically judgement. Is that a bad thing? No. Judgement paves individuals paths.

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 37yrs • M •
highroller is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
NO ANSWERS JUST MORE QUESTIONS. IF WE STILL JUDGE AND KNOW THAT WE JUDGE THEN WHY DO WE STILL DO IT? I FEEL THAT SOME PEOPLE THINK THAT JUDGING ANOTHER PERSON IS BAD, BUT IF IT IS SO BAD THEN WHY DO WE STILL JUDGE PEOPLE? BECAUSE WE KNOW KILLING IS BAD SO WE DON'T DO IT. MAYBE WE WERE BORN WITH THE ABILITY TO JUDGE TO BE ABLE TO DEFINE WHAT IS GOOD FOR OUR OWN SAKE. IF WE DID NOT JUDGE WE MIGHT GET INTO SOME BAD SITUATIONS. I BELIEVE ALL ANIMALS WERE BORN WITH THE ABLITIY TO JUDGE NOT FOR THE VANITY OF THERE OWN PERSON BUT FOR SURVIVAL. I BELIVE THAT HUMANS HAVE TURNED OUR ABILITY TO JUDGE INTO A TERRIBLE DEVICE OF HATRED AND PREJUDICE TO SAY THE LEAST. I'M NOT SAYING THAT WE NEED TO GET RID OF JUDGING OTHERS BUT ANALYZE WHAT WE JUDGE AND WHY AND ALSO WHAT JUDGEMENT WE PUT ON IT.

"Dare the mind with original ideas"
 40yrs • M •
OF COURSE BABIES JUDGE!! what makes you think a baby doest judge? theit human not monsters from another dimension.. just look at them they look at you all curiously either freightednd or amused curious making of you.. etc.. and if you dont focus on something then you werent focusing on it anyway (the guy who said something about a blur) so obviusly you dont judge what you dont focus on, you judge ething trian of thoug

apperntly what makes ppl shy is thinking of how people are judging them!!

40yrs • M •
yuo juding me by what i write ^^^ !!! i caught you.. like im jusdign you and everyiothe post same gores gfor everyone, and yea if yuo scroll sown or read throgh the post like a blur well of cousre you dont judge cause yuou didnt see it and if you say a little you probly jusding that even!! yuo have to or lse you wouldnt know whats what comming from what view etc.. we jufdnge in open minded ways i think but we dont cause oour focus is limited,, but at the end of the day we say everyones the sasme cause like we go through everyting we can see in our memory that eeryoen else goes thorgh everinth no ones one thing !! mdio

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
seriously, patape, at least make a conscious effort to hit the right keys.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think everybody judges and I don't think there is any thing wrong with it. It comes natural, we can't help it.

But I think the word has an extended meaning. When we say "Don't judge me!" We are saying, "Don't judge+condemn me!" It is possibly a flaw in the english language, a more proper word is not normally used.

This is why the bible tells us to judge rightfully and then it tells us not to judge. But rather than be a contridiction, it is a language error that we don't seem to question - except here, were we seem to question everything, and that's good.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy