There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Iraqi Statue honoring President Bush

User Thread
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that McTex is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"We will build a statue for Bush," said Ali Fadel, the former provincial council chairman. "He is the symbol of freedom."

Although the French, Germans and other Leftwing and Anti-Americans don't get it, many Iraqis do!

http://www.nypost.com/news/worldnews/39526.htm

"Thinking themselves wise they became fools..."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Every year in every country tons of produce and eggs have to got to wast.... now the citizens will have a use for it - throwing at some stupid statue of George "War Machine" Bush! What are the odds of such a statue surviving a year unscathed?
Here we go again America is pulling the strings of the world the puppet leaders are doing well indeed!

Bush is evil: http://www.wage-slave.org/scorecard.html

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"French, Germans and other Leftwing....."

Such generalization and bigotry is but one of many reasons for anti-american sentiment from any source.

I can only hope that the people of Iraq chose and desire such a statue, and I can only hope further that such a symbol will indeed be one of freedom rather than an iron fist wrapped in an olive branch.

But until blood ceases to flow no one can know. PR stunts are nothing new, statues for tyrants and heroes alike stand and claim freedom.

McTex, any chance your name is Steve?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
"In fact, he'd like to erect a monument to honor President Bush in the middle of the city. "

HE'D

"Fadel acknowledged that many in his country appear ungrateful for America's foreign assistance......"

"Any public monument to Bush is likely to further incense terrorist forces....."

I can see where you get Iraqi's wanting it from this , indeed.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Did anyone read the article? The man who wants this statue built is an Iraqi, sure, but I doubt he represents the majority. He was appointed, not elected, by Allawi's government of pro-American puppets.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 53yrs • M •
I am sure you doubt but I am sure your doubts will be shown false.

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 37yrs • M •
If you said something apart from your opinions we might have a discussion.

Allawi is American appointed, an exile who had not been Iraq for years. He is not representative of the Iraqi people. His own appointee, this mayor, is therefore not a representative of Iraqi opinion.

Its disgusting how so many clap to themselves as they are being praised by the puppets they appointed.

46yrs • M
"We live in a time similar to nazi germany where everyone outside of Germany new Hitler was a raving lunatic, and some people in Germany also knew he was a raving lunatic, but for some reason, most of the Germans didn't."

Of course many were too frightened to think otherwise, which is trying to happen now with blind defensiveness of political patriotism where people can't see past their own feverish flag waving and call any who disagree terrorists, which is truly sickening and mirrors exactly the path to despotic rule, possibly through civil war or just martial law. But hey, I'm just a crackpot so what do I know.

What seems recognizably belligerant and arrogant about the statue is that they know more people will die because of it, and it seems more of a symbol that would be appropriate after bombs and bullets stop, otherwise people aren't very free yet, its mostly a martial law environment, and thats not freedom.

53yrs • M •
Come on Dumb Teen - are you telling me that your statement of doubt was not an opinion?

"Allawi is American appointed, an exile who had not been Iraq for years. He is not representative of the Iraqi people. His own appointee, this mayor, is therefore not a representative of Iraqi opinion. "

And yesterday that American puppet helped to bring about an election where Iraqis were able to choose who would write their constitution and run their government. However, whether the mayor was appointed or not does not logically indicate that his opinion of Bush is not representative of an Iraqi majority. In truth it is just your opinion!

"Its disgusting how so many clap to themselves as they are being praised by the puppets they appointed."

It is disgusting that you allow your hatred of Bush to color your views of men like that mayor who is daily risking his life to bring democracy, freedom and unity to Iraq. I would think you would praise men who are willing to sacrifice so much for liberty.

37yrs • M •
I don't know if America is fighting for freedom in Iraq.

I know that America has not consistently fought for freedom.

Is Bush trying to make it like South Korea or like the Shah's Iran?

The answer to that question is only known by Bush and his inner circle. The answer to that question determines if that mayor is fighting for freedom or if he is the moral equivalent of a WW2 collaborator. <== Fact!

However, I still think that taking joy in the praise of our own appointees is disgusting and pathetic. <== Opinion!

46yrs • M
Claims of freedom and justice come just as easily if not more so from the mouths of tryants and puppets as one truly desiring such results.

Your blatant disregard of this is disregarding the teachings offered by such rule as the Nazi's and Communist Russia.

Forced flag waving with threats of retaliation for dissent. This is basically the motto that comes through in your words. Wake up. You have called me the most dangerous element in America or something to that affect, and this does not mean anything to you, and if you are at all wrong, then it actually becomes you who support despotism, and this as well seems to mean nothing to you.

53yrs • M •
Wow dumb teen - a lot of admissions on your part. I'm impressed. So you may be a Bush fan after all...lol

Tell me, if Bush was following the Iran model why would he have that vote yesterday?

Also, I am curious as to your views of Bush's actions in Afghanistan...?

37yrs • M •
Perhaps because the elections were rigged? (or "mostly fair" as the UN called the ones in Afganistan, whatever that means)

Perhaps because the US army is still there to tell the Iraqi Constitution writers just what to write?

46yrs • M
Afghanistan, opium production up 900%, yay Bush.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Russia became a free country without war. But then, Russia's oil belongs to Russia. Iraq however is also now a free country thanks to us, our bombs and their dead, and they will thankfully give us control of their oil in the name of free trade, or else we will drop more bombs.

Thats the truth.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy