America can be considered a place of having no public urinals, for its illegal to urinate in public. - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Iraqi Statue honoring President Bush - Page 5

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Forgive me for sounding repetitive in my point, I referred to personal experience and seeing music and arts programs being cut and teacher's pay obviously sucking ass. These arts classes are known to help with the development of minds and should not be able to be sacrificed.

Then yes, whatever reform is needed, of course, but what are you saying is the reform needed, just private schools?

What exactly does that accomplish? Are people teaching different information or just doing it better, what?

I don't claim to know about what all schools are in need of besides a way to better suit individual needs, and access to good information. I just said they shouldn't be underfunded, which includes missused funds.

I don't want schools or any other programs wasting money. But I don't want education being only accessible to those who can afford it either.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Forgive me for sounding repetitive in my point, I referred to personal experience and seeing music and arts programs being cut and teacher's pay obviously sucking ass. These arts classes are known to help with the development of minds and should not be able to be sacrificed."

Yes that does occur - you know why? Because that school district spends 40-70% of its monies on its unionized bureaucracy. You know what the single purpose of a bureaucracy is? To maintain and expand the bureaucracy.

"Then yes, whatever reform is needed, of course, but what are you saying is the reform needed, just private schools? "

Of course not - in fact I never mentioned private schools. I said school choice. School choice takes the money allocated for each student out of the hands of the bureaucrats and gives it to the parents. The parents can then take that voucher and send their child to a public school that has a better rating, or a charter school or their local neighborhood public school or a religious school. Thus schools that arent performing properly will be financially punished and schools that are will be awarded. This creates an incentive to either maintain excellence or to reform in order to achieve excellence.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sounds like it might be a start, but like I said, I'm little knowledged on that to say.

Ya, I didn't mean that taking wasted money was bad, but I've seen and heard of curriculum cuts and bad salaries, so money needed not being applied.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Iraqi Statue honoring President Bush - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy