Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Is America playing with fire ? - Page 3

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that furbuggy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think our govenment consiters china a 2nd world country (really it is a 1st world, but it's communist so america consiters them losers) but in my oppinion there is no "middle class country" all are either rich, or poor. thus eleminating the 2nd world

"don't worry, be happy, otherwise people will worry about you"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think much of our government exists anymore quite frankly, we are owned by private corporations and the UN, we are killing innocents by the thousands, radiating land into toxic waste dumps which is killing our own soldiers.

We are playing bad cop and the UN is gonna come save the day. And we are gonna hand them our rights. Nobody seems to even believe it possible let alone belive it, that kind of gives them an advantage as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody trusts the government but nobody believes the governments does any wrong. Thanks to propaganda and lies, terror has won.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that furbuggy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The UN? We don't care about the UN, not sure if that is truely a bad thing, consitering it doesn't do much. The UN crafted in a very bad way. Our government is set up in such a way that our representatives should be rather weak. Even more so, diffrent countries are governed by diffrent governments, so really all the ''heads'' of the countries there have diffrent amounts of power. These problems are big seeing that 1st the people there don't know how much power every on else truely has and 2nd what ever amount of power they do have is too small to really matter.

I would say we must be controlled by only corperations. Though I strongly feel there is something much bigger then that controlling them, it seems likly to me that if it was just corperations, one would simply buyall the others out and take over every thing. And i mean every thing, a complete monopolies on monoplies. Laws areput in place to protect this from happining, but we all know laws don't mean much, because with money there are always loop holes.
there is something controling them to make sure they stay away froma hugeover take.

"don't worry, be happy, otherwise people will worry about you"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Terror will always rule over a mob.
quote:
mob => group of unreasoning persons, ie.
without common purpose or goal

Life, Liberty & the pursuit of happiness . . . human nature => those seeking power tend to be abusive, the nature of the beast.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
Thats the point of an open system, no secrecy, and a functioning checks and balance system, which is being destroyed daily as we speak.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • M
"Is America skirting dangerously close to fascism or at least fascism ideology?"

No, we reached right up the skirt and made it law.

46yrs • M
A poll of 21 countries published yesterday - reflecting opinion in Africa, Latin America, North America, Asia and Europe - showed that a clear majority have grave fears about the next four years.

Fifty-eight per cent of the 22,000 who took part in the poll, commissioned by the BBC World Service, said they expected Mr Bush to have a negative impact on peace and security, compared with only 26% who considered him a positive force.

The survey also indicated for the first time that dislike of Mr Bush is translating into a dislike of Americans in general.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1394393,00.html

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The survey also indicated for the first time that dislike of Mr Bush is translating into a dislike of Americans in general.

American people voted him In.....again.

46yrs • M
No, it was quite rigged, again, though many people were ardently supporting him the anyone but Bush campaign was seeming far more popular.

What really annoyed me was the people who didn't want to change presidents during war .

Bush hasn't won an election yet, doubt his Governership was legit either. His running companies certainly wasn't anything more than hand me downs and special treatment, same way he ended up jumping ahead of thousands to get into the National Guard over others, some of whom ended up being drafted into the Army or something and died in Viet Nam.

Yay for protecting assholes with silver spoons stuck up 'em. Now the draft dodger gets to send more and more innocents to die doing his dirty work.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, what can you say "People love the LIE more than the Truth."

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 44yrs • M •
alibi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"Bush embraces the belief that American values, that is, rule of law, democracy and freedom are greater then all others.

Is that fascism?"

But why are these exclusively American values?
America's foreign policy has always left a lot to be desired in the eyes of the rest of the world (yes...there is a world outside of yours) but since 9/11, his administration's belligerent invasions of Arab countries (100,000 dead Iraqis) and blatant double-standards as regards the corrupt, bullish Isreali government, have left many to question whether the man (or the puppet-masters who pull his strings) knows the first thing about humanity.
One could argue (many could argue) that Western democracy is slowly being exposed as a big fucking sham. A hierarchy that feeds those at the privileged end and robs those who are left. And a sham that will never work when imposed on a critically divided, sovereign Arab state with no sense of identity. It is worth knowing that the fundamental Islamists first came in to being to fight their own leaders, who, they felt, were betraying Islam by embracing a more Western-style of governance. All we have given the people of Iraq is Civil war. Saddam is gone, but the world is a more dangerous place...I suspect this is the result the White House secretly wanted so they could find more excuses to wage endless war against a virtually non-existent 'terror network'.
In the wake of the terrible disaster in Asia, people all over are waking up to the realities of our world, and the horrific distribution of wealth that causes its bitter divisions. At the G8 summit this year, America, Britain and most of the European Union have but to extend their collective hands and end world poverty once and for all. If they have the money to waste on wars that essentially don't need to be faught, then they sure as hell could put a stop to cripplingly unfair trade tariffs and stop taking money from the people who need it most. Oh, and America and Britain should actually meet the aid pledges they make...and more than that....if the spread of 'freedom, democracy and equality' is so damn important, they should double the amount of aid they pledge to these poor, wounded countries. You want to know about real terrorism? Then consider the fact that more than ten children have died of hunger since you began reading this post. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE DYING OF HUNGER...PERIOD. WHEN THE WEST GETS FAT AND THE EAST GOES HUNGRY, DIVISIONS FORM AND TERRORISM IS CREATED.
But I suspect that healing relations through diplomacy isn't the Bush agenda. His eye turns to Iran, and soon he will unleash his own Tsunami there. It is worth remembering that they had a paticularly bad earthquake there last year, and so far none of the Western governments have actually met their pledges on aid.
The current American government is warmongering - and they aim to sustain this war in order to uphold their skewed perceptions of democracy. They have used 9/11 to instill fear and manipulate voters.
And when you take behaviours such as this and start masquerading them under banners and slogans that shout 'Freedom' and 'peace', and when you convince over half of your country that you are engaged in a battle between good and evil and that God is on your side.........
I'd say that comes pretty fucking close to Fascism, wouldn't you?

I am British, and therefore an ally in the 'coalition of the willing'. I like American literature, film and especially music. I like the Americans I have met. You have a great country....don't let the neo-cons make you the laughing stock of the world.
I will leave you with a few fleeting thoughts.....

God is not an American.

World War II does not even come into this debate. To make comparisons is a gross misjudgement and tarnishes the names of all who gave their lives to fight that JUST war against a REAL threat.

"An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind" (Mahatma Gandhi, who defeated the British Empire and didn't even have to kill anyone)

[i]

"tell em jesus sent ya"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Bush embraces the belief that American values, that is, rule of law, democracy and freedom are greater then all others."
Its cultural imperialism. We are enforcing our values upon other cultures. This is arguably a good thing.

Can we force another culture to take our values?

Some might say "No!", but what if those values are respect for women, child's rights and civil liberties?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
Respect for civil liberties? Wha? Who?

No war is just, not even WWII, and its evil was just as coddled by big corporations and greed as all the rest, people fund these tyrants, or else they would simply be fanatic bums like Hitler was before he finally started to make it in politics and before he became the Furer with HIS burning of the Reischtag, his own manufactured terrorist event to issue in fear and martial law as people begged him to protect them.

This is why checks and balances are so imperitive, they are not an option. They are the only safeguard from tyranny, this includes and open, not secret, government.

If a government is doing something it can't tell the people about (which in our case is supposed to be the government, not the "representatives" ), they probably shouldn't be doing it.

McTex was talking about what the left forgets, what amazes me even more is when people do know of Osama and Hussein as being CIA assets, meaning WE paid them money for various activities and "alliances", but somehow it ceases to matter or hold any meaning. Talk about blind spots and short memories.

Who does it matter to that Prescott Bush had assets seized under Trading with the Enemy laws even after America finally got into the war? No one important enough apparently. Not to mention being exposed in plotting to assassinate the president and create a Hitler inspired fascist government.

Sure, I don't blame W for grandpappy's ways, but when those ways don't change, and corporate criminals reign, what is there left to not give blame for?

Who do we blame when the CIA and similar clandestine operations become the father of most and probably all actually threatening terrorist organizations, including Al-Qaeda.

I'll tell you, its not the president. Its we the people.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I completely disagree. Sometimes a peace is more evil then the war that would bring an end to it.

Peace for Hitler would have meant the murder of 10s of millions of Russians and the extermination of the Jews. Nevermind that all Europe would live under authoritarian right-wing regimes.

So I say again: a peace can be more evil then a war.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 44yrs • M •
alibi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
"We are enforcing our values upon other cultures. This is arguably a good thing."

Who needs these values?
I have news for you brother...
America is not the world...
We don't want your values, they are already seeping into my country through the media and marketing, and we are worse for it. Why should America be the only country in the world to have an identity and why should we all bend to that identity?

"tell em jesus sent ya"
Is America playing with fire ? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy