Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Just watched another John Kerry master plan

User Thread
 66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Health insurance and medical coverage for all children from the time the are born to----..Now with the increased debt already incurred so far with the Iraqi War, we can add this cost if Kerry is elected..Hang on to your pocketbooks..Can you say INCREASED TAXES, I knew you could..Of course Johnny will say the rich are going to pay their fair share and raise their taxes accordingly, but you know he isn't going to do anything to really hurt them, after all, he is one of them..The average tax payer is once again going to take the brunt of it..Of course I know all of you Democrats won't mind paying your 25%, just as long as the "rich people" are charged 50%, even though they will never actually pay that amount..I mean it is on fair right..

Now with Kerry needing to reinstate the draft in order to meet his plan for the war on terrorism and homeland security we can add on a significant tax increase..Yep Johnny is just looking out for all of you guys and gals..

Steve From Texas - Getting ready for 5 days off, can't wait.

"Any day above ground is a good day"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Firstly, you spend a lot of time checking out the obvious oppent to you, but I fear you spend far too little looking into to one you seem to trust perhaps even blindly.

All policies have ups and down on everyone, the amount of money people especially with kids or serious health issues is often otherworldly, an experience you may or may not experience yourself. The real thing to be afraid of in the case of national health care is the quality, which is a money issue, of which there are many that are far more taxing than health care would be.

We are becoming evil in the eyes of the world, for many reasons, that is what you should be worried about, that and fixing this country, but at this point we won't have a country if Bush or somebody doesn't fix our foreign relations. As is, I wouldn't doubt that there are nukes set to go off if Bush is re-elected.

If only the world knew that not even someone as power hungy as Bush could manage to take over the world in even 8 years with the system of beuracracy we have made.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You said in your other post that Sweden and Switzerland are prosperous countries : they have cradle to grave social aid.

That said, this is not the best time to add social crap.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
Zefram is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Funny! I have always considered that medical care to be sure thing. Every citizen can get full medical care if it is necessary up to some limit quite high. It is very interesting you can even talk about such a thing We are not too rich but there is no doubt we can and want to afford these expenses. How can you talk about taxes even in this case? We do live in 21th century. Healht care and good public education should be as unusual as skyes above aour heads.

66yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SteveFromTexas is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Zefram,

Apparently you must not work or you keep your head in the ground. I do trust you can read or watch the news?

Haven't you heard about health care, doesn't look like it.

Companies all over this country are cutting heath care benefits in order to stay on top, especially the airlines. I guess you haven't heard about the airlines or how high energy prices are hurting them. I suppose I could just teach elementry school all over again because this is a pretty dumb lot in here.

Wake up boy, read the newspapers, watch the news and then come back and we'll talk about all your so-called health benefits that YOU feel everyone is entitled too.

Better yet, get a job and then tell me how good your employer is.

Steve From Texas - have a great week

"Any day above ground is a good day"
 46yrs • M
ya right, like any of those sources, including the government are trustworthy.

The buisness that are cutting the cost of health care because they cannot afford it is the same problem us citizens have, if you were trying to make that a point against healthcare costs, well, it backfired. The other reason they don't pay it is because they are cheap fucking bastards, I worked at wal-mart during yet another healthcare reform in the store, virtually wiping out any type of coverage of anything exspensive while raising the premium anyway. And wal-mart has money to burn.

Healthcare is a necessity, if you want to be healthy and helped in times of crisis or pain. We pay for it with or without national care system, if the government would do something against drug companies and hospitals rediculous costs, then it wouldn't be so exspensive either way. But our country is run by big business and drug companies. And people like bush especially won't touch it, people like him helped make it that way. Republicans like bush, not all just ones like him, really want everyone to be superprosperous or ignored. That unless you are a self made millionare you aren't trying hard enough, which he does neither, he got handed money, never had to live the same life of families that have to work for sheer existance, he made money from money, thats not the same, you can make risky ventures without quality of life being threatened, he's lost much money too, more than most people ever make.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
Zefram is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am sory for this MISUNDERSTANDING. I am not an American!!! I do live in small European country called Czech Republic. Our economics has been destroyed by 42 years of communist reign and our last democratics paries are groups of stupid fellows making their own money and allowing their friends to do the same. Though our economics is able to export almost half of its products,especially to our neighbour Germany, there can be no comparison between us and USA. We are ten million people in small country which is not doing so well as you do. And yet we have full medical care for everyone and pretty good public education. Of course you can get better care and better education if you can pay some extra money. However I have received public education myself and there is no comparative handicap for me. This is the reason of my surprise. Your are so wealthy you can pay such an army as you have, army capable of handlign two different wars at the same time, you have got space exploration program, you are leading in science and pretty good in almost everything and yet you cannot afford full medical care for everyone and your public education is said to be terrible. Is not this quite weird??? We can afford all this stuff. Why cannot you?

46yrs • M
Hey Steve, how does your foot taste?

Zefram, don't mind steve, he's special.

Zefram, from your point of view and that of your country's, what do you see the united states as these days, threat or ally, a path to peace or a danger to the world. I fear terribly that Bush has done greater harm to the world view of our country than we realize and that it may come back to bite us really bad. So I always like to hear what other countries think and feel about us, especially now.

I don't know if Bush supporters and people like steve think we can take on the entire world or not but I know if they do they are wrong, we won't be taken over but if it comes to the world against us, its just the end of the world, including us.

40yrs • M •
Generally people feel disgust towards US in my country. I have spoken with few German young people - the same feeling. I consider this feeling to be nonsense, these people to be stupid. It is obvious your culture infuences all of us. While they watch with content all your film production (I am certain you would rather write "movie", buy your computers and use your software, they persist in picturing you as ultimate evil. Do not be surprised. We all small nation, we have seen too much powerful empires claiming their right to do this or that, to take over our own country, that we cannot share your Weltanschauung so easily. In last century we have been governed from Wien, Berlin, Moscow as well as from our own capital Prague. Now-a-days so many of us think we are controlled from Washington. It is far from reality but it shows you clearly some of our feelings. European Union is quite exquisite idea that should gain for Europe much more power to control the world but it is the same problem for us. Germany and France are too powerful for comfort. Therefore our foreign policy orients itself to Washington and other small Europen countries. As you may percieve Bush is not inevitable evil for us. His active foreign policy is much betterfor us than any isolation. Poland, Hungaria and other neigbouring countries share this policy. We just need strong and capable army to defend our integrity and you can place military base or rocketry wherever you want. Certainly Clinton was NOT better from our point of view. Intelectuals write their pamflets against the greatest evil of contemporary world while our politicians cooperate with your government without great hesitation. Certainly you should not give this disgust of common people any assent. Empires can induce envy but not love. But there is one thing I cannot really comprehend. While Russians bear the death of three or for hundred of KIDS after so many others upheavals of terorism in their country without great change in their minds you are so scared by mere few thousand deaths. Smog in Los Angeles (or wherever you wish) certainly killed much more people last three years. Terrorist work with fear. If you were not that much afraid of them, where would be their glory and lust for death? Do you really consider the danger of terrorism so great as it seems from above the ocean?

46yrs • M
Smog is us killing ourselves and not on purpose and its not something easily fixed.

You have to understand, we don't get attacked on our soil from outside sources, there was england in the beginning, then pearl harbor, and now this (plus the earlier world trade center bombing and highjackings which don't really count), thats it. Otherwise its just internal struggles. But with the way the world works there is always fear, especially if you are on top in some way, but fear without actual war breeds paranoia, when we have more visible conflict our petiness are put into perspective, we see war on tv, we mostly don't see all the details of the violent crimes in our own society, this gives us a different perspective that also strengthens peoples belief, reasonably or not, in the sanctity of human life. But not for all the right reasons either but I could go on for days. I really appreciated your input though, if there is something in particular that you wonder that I might be able to help answer, let me know. If you want someone to laugh at or to try to insult you, talk to steve.

40yrs • M •
Do you feel offended by the thought of our country and others using yours for their own purposes? Or do you think man cannot ask you why you feel so much fear from such a small danger? Of course I understand reasons you have given to me. These are the ways the world and people go. But if I were you I would not give so much attention to terrorism and the war against it. That medical care and education can save and change much more for and in your country. My point of view si quite different because my nation cannot even see a glimpse of your power and hate it has induced. We are small andtherefore our greatest concerns are economics, education and medicine, we are just interested in quality of our own life much more than in anything else. Everything I dare to say you is that you should try to think about this little more than you do now. In the world there are always forces trying to cause some harm to you till you are superpower. If I were you I would decrease military budget and invest somewhere else.

46yrs • M
Superpowers are safer from small invasions but get the attention of more world based hostility as well as the fear of other existing super powers, foreign terror isn't my biggest concern except in the global issue of peace which is no different than the personal or local issues of peace. Its just that the Iraq war is a very big issue here, we don't take war lightly, and fear we may have truly been decieved on the pretenses of that war. We know our politicians lie, as well as all humans, but we don't want to become complacent to that, to allow it to keep happening, I don't know if you are familiar with bush's history and family past, but money and power have proven to be their main goals, and we don't want that to be our only goals, do you think the world would be better if all run by america? I couldn't say personally. The issues that you point out to be more relavant are agreeable so, and we fight about it all the time, but the peole are left very powerless and uninformed around here, led more by government coercion and emotional influence than rational thinking, a lot goes into running a big prodiuctive country, and a lot of people get left in the cracks, I know from experience.

See, we have developed a frame of mind that people who need help are just lazy and in need of criticism rather than help and teaching. If you don't get what you need to take care of yourself by 18, you are screwed. People over here will talk all day about how loving and caring we need to be, but then most people just don't want to share or help eachother, partially because there are so many people who can't seem to help themselves and no one wants to acknowledge or take responsibility for it.

If it appeared I was avoiding any of your questions I'm sorry, I may have missed or misunderstood something, so please feel free to ask again.

46yrs • M
oh, and as for the question about people using us, uh, I guess it depends on how and to what end, otherwise no, not at all, I hope we can help the world and vice versa. We could concentrate more on learning if the world could get along. Untill then its the vast army that helps us stay on top not just productivity.

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Firstly, you spend a lot of time checking out the obvious oppent to you, but I fear you spend far too little looking into to one you seem to trust perhaps even blindly.

I RETURN THIS TO YOU!!!

Look folks, here is how the economy works, cut TAXES, and have increased spending from THE PEOPLE nad keeping the economy afloat.

Raise taxes, and ppl slow down spending and the economy goes FLOP!!! If that happens, the job security is next.

BTW, here is HOW it works.

Person has a small business, he doesnt pay the high taxes, he hires more ppl.
Person gets a tax hike, he cannot afford to pay those ppl he lays them off.

Why cant he afford to pay them, NO ONE is buying his services because the aconomy slowed down.

Reagan lowered taxes, and the economy thrived...Bush has kept the economy fantastic for the problem of the war!!!

Anyway....lets not talk war...as democrats are trying to implement the DRAFT as we speak...

Anyway...you raise the taxes on the rich, and the middle class will be the ones who suffer. Middel class are the ones who keep this country running, so long as they work.
THIS is HOW Bush is trying to bring back jobs...improving the economy.

TAX raise with Kerry will just kill the economy, not to mention young men who are not prepared for war!!!

Anyway...he also hasnt mentioned the .50 gas tax he wants to add...and you guys are ok with this???

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
YOU want the world to get along...lets get the facts on the table.

Kerry has insulted the coalition...the forces who are in this with us.
Ya know...those who are either supporting us financially with the effort or fighting along side us.

Kerry wants to get involved in North Korea...do you understand all the funds Clinton gave N Korea to disarm, by providing food and money to ensure they dont have the capabilities to attack.

O, and sure, N Korea still hasnt disarmed, and use it for blackmail...AND Kerry will be delivering more of our money to make buddies with them.
Their ppl are starving...but here is a kicker..the money we sent got infiltrated to the gov...for what?

making more weapons maybe??
France and Germany already stated that if Kerry gets in, they still will not aid us.

SO...who exactly is Kerry trying to get that we need??

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy