Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why do you believe in god? - Page 11

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well that's a bit harsh on yourself

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
but I get upset with myself when I think I have offended someone.

Can't say about others but I wasn't offended. This is a place where people can voice their feelings & point of view (hopefully). Aplace where we can exchange & come to some understanding of others & ourselves better.
Hostility is not exactly neccessary but connfrontations are part of the sharing your view with those who see it differently.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
No offence meant, just to see if I understand.

Teen
Just because I can imagine a perfect chocolate sundae doesn't mean a perfect chocolate sundae gave me the idea of the perfect chocolate sundae.
Patape
your memory, feelings & senses can create and mix things together in your perception of an experience. Create whatever mental images or feelings you want & label them as "seeing god" or an aspect of "soul" (continue of Teen) i want to answer more fully, should have before & will do so later..

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sorry, what i was trying to say before was, that once youve seen, (or sensed in another way such as smell or just feelings felt) certain things (like if you saw a couple textures and shapes) your brain can then mix it up a million ways to give many types of mental images, including spirit god feelings etca...

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
you can imagine a "choclate sunday" however it looks to you, after seeing a few textures, colors etc.. just like you can imagine feeling of spirit after senseing so many feelings.. wait on

72yrs • M •
Hmm . . the art of shape-shifting is the ability not to pretending to be something but rather when you stop pretending & start becoming that thing?

40yrs • M •
actally when i wrote that i was thinking more of an athiest view, that we can creat image of god and spirits etc.. but that its just us creating it.. but hey however you want to interpert it is fine with me, keep niec viabes

72yrs • M •
I previously stated that I theorized that spirit doesn't have a physical form as such rather it takes the form which we project upon it. this is normally some cultural bias which we are taught. For many christians the perception of GOD is human in form an ancient being with a flowing beard yet the Bible states otherwise.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i wanted to respond on an old post here by angel of death, when they said god is most logical and that "it is more logical than the infinite universes etc."

What is more logical, saying god exists and is the creator of all things doesn't answer anything, saying the bing bang happened doesn't answer anything, how the hell did all of any of that happen to begin with. God is Denial incarnate, a distraction that people are so desperate for that they cling without question, cause they know they can't find any answers and so its as good as anything, don't have to think for yourself and its popular, oh happy day, now people will actually respect me because I happen to buy into the same crap they do so now we can coexist in a social atmosphere were we never have to worry about anyone questioning us (and fear, distrust, and even hate any that do) and making us look at what we actually believe in, a romantic notion. People don't mind arguing but they don't like to have to face their own doubts of reason in terms of what faith they follow, not even so much what they believe. What I mean there is that the core values of religion don't require religion, just be good people, its the fear of a lack of purpose in life and a sense of lonliness or even guilt at being held responsible for their "sins", and fear of hell, and social stigmas and reprecussions, and fear of facing having been lied to all your life about the one thing you thought you had left to believe in, but thats just it, just because religion is the father of all lies that also doesn't mean that god doesn't exist, and that we are nothing and worthless, it might, but thats not the point, thats not what you need to believe, you only need to believe what you feel is right, religion is just politics, a power structure meant to filter and interpret you thoughts for you while telling you how to live, which people buy into because they say the mean well and express things you want to hear, doesn't mean they do all of them and doesn't mean they don't do tons of horrible shit. It just means that they are human and they have found a way to benefit and capatalize on peoples beliefs (whether they share them or not), church serves no purpose but to bring people together in a common interest and perhaps goal. But the message they are supposed to be putting out, last I heard, wasn't for people to be getting their panties in a twist and going around judging, killing, hating, and thinking they know everything, but to be kind loving understanding helpful, all the romantic crap that makes us feel better and safe in a world where its just as possible that thats a bunch of shit and we are just a virus, a plague eating and destroying anything and everything in our path, even us.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Domz0r is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I aint read all this thread...cos its a bit long

But i was talking to a religious friend of mine, recently, and i asked him why he belived in god he said "Because everything needs a creator, its stated in the Bible"

This got me thinking....

Who created God?
Some one must of if everything needs a creator...

I dont belive in God, but what if he did exsist, would God have a God that created him? And surley if that happend, That God would have a creator.

If this is true... (which i doubt, cos i dont belive in God) maybe we are just a repeated experiment....

"I am Domz0r....roar!!!!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well i wish someone would hurry up and get it right already

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that the great focy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good job there is no evidence that God exists. Only some book writin by money hungry men. He was only created to be blamed for peoples problems and so it would never be anybody's fault when bad things happen.

I think that all that crap is Si-Fi. Interesting, but totally false.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God is omnipotent and omniscient. There was never a time when he didnt exist. If there was then he wouldnt be God.

God created time by the way.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I dont belive in God, but what if he did exsist, would God have a God that created him? And surley if that happend, That God would have a creator.

When I think of God or I am praying I imagine in my mind a person like form. But that is only because it all my mind understands.

The bible does say that we were made in his likeness, was that black or white, male or female? In another part of the bible we are called Gods. So maybe we were made in his likeness because we tend to rule or act like God. We create things and stuff. So maybe when the bible says we are made in his likeness, that does not mean we look like God or God looks like us.

The truth is - what God is, is way over our head, it is not something we could comprehend.

When the bible speaks of everlasting - who's not to say its talking about our existance.

When you talk about God is, be prepared to be wrong, because I don't think we can know but its not wrong to guess and we shouldn't criticize guessing unless you can tell for sure yourself what God is.

But I can't imagine there isn't a God, that would mean everything happened by accident, that to me seems impossible.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
why do you believe in god? - Page 11
  7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy