Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why do you believe in god? - Page 12

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
capt is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Some who study religion and non-religion world said, most who believes in god usually because they were 'educated' or 'tought' the concept of 'god'. he/she might say god told him/her what is right or wrong, to do or not to do. 'god' here is something beyond/outside of himself/herself, just like a moral/spiritual supernatural teacher. So i guess 'god' is raised up to a level of religion concept.
But for many people who do not have the concept of God,he/she might judge right or wrong,to do or not to do from 'inside' or conscience,moral,education and experience,philosophy.
Which one is better? i can't tell, but someone who believe in god might behave really bad, and one who say he/she do not believe in god might has 'good' deep inside his heart. There are so many killers(any kind) who believe in god. That's really Ironical. So does it really matter if you believe in god or not?

But among the different religons of the world, from what they did and do, i appreciate Buddhism,for their peace and not compulsive way to convince people.

There are wayyyy too much compulsion used in the expansion of religion converting especially Christian. It's like tool of conquering and controling.

67yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that The teacher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good answer capt

If I may, let me elaborate a little on your point. People's concept of God, is the creator of religions. Religion has nothing to do with God. Religion has everything to do with the people who created it.

The people who speak the loudest, have the least to say. The people who exalt themselves will be brought to the pit. The people of low degree shall be exalted above the heavens.

People would not be having these silly discussions right now, had they been listening to what God has been saying.

In the beginning God Spoke Into The Darkness. God Spoke His Word Into The Darkness. God's Word Went Forth And Created.

"It is the time of the reveiling."
[  Edited by The teacher at   ]
 67yrs • M •
Hey capt,

I have been sending thought bubbles into the mind of cyberspace since August 4th of this year, trying to get someones attention. I. don't know why but every time that I post on a thread the thread seems to stop. And, I get no replies when I start a new thread.

I was bored tonight , and was skimming through their old threads.
When I came across this one I noticed there were twelve pages, so I began reading them.

The question was interesting, but the responses was the same old bullshit. I noticed the dates of the post and thinking it was just another dead post, I started to go someplace else.

God told me to check the end of the thread. When I did I found you, and you had the right thing to say.

your comment caused me to respond to this thread. because you were dangling at the end of it. I noticed it lasted two years and they lost interest in it in 2006

I like the discussions in the Captaincynic forums. I also like the inquisitive age group.

This is the "What The Fuck " generation. And, God is getting ready to step up as the Father of All and say to the world, "What the fuck are you doing."

As this begins to happen, the people will begin to stand up and say, " What the fuck is God doing." And, when "the children of h e light" see "the Father light ," they will run to him if they recognize Him as their Father.

You see God has been an absentee father to the world. Therefore His children have become too busy " in the playground of their mind."

All of God's children. are so involved with their own imaginations, that they can't even hear him when He is speaking to them. Like a bunch of children on the playground of life, there are some fighting, some are trying to dominate and control the others, while some are just trying to have fun and play , But collectively, they are just making a whole lot of noise. So much so that they can not hear God's voice over their own voices..

God is the voice of the hidden child of the heart. That child knows you, but, you don't know him. How could you until He unveils himself to you.

All the children are about to find out that God was never an absentee father. But, God became us; so, we could become him. All of the righteous children will soon realize who they are.

I have been trying to tell people that the whole world dwells in darkness. But, I can't seem to find a sole that will listen.

Darkness, Sleep, Dead, all mean the same thing.

I started the thread "big bang or a stretch of God' imagination. " In this thread, I explained light and how God created the temporary light. This is what we call reality.. As of yet, I have had no reaction to this

This makes me think that many ask questions that they really don't want the answers to. Or they think I'm just another ignorant voice in the darkness.

I believe God sent me to the end of that thread to give me someone I can converse with. Check out my other post, and get back with me.

God's Voice in the Darkness
The teacher of Righteousness

oh btw Think about this...I just was able to send one of my "Stoner" thought bubbles to China. isn't it great? Hey world, anybody listening?

'

[  Edited by The teacher at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey, Teach doesn't the bible say something about that after the world is rolled back then no light will exist rather then GOD will be the only light (illumenation) in the world?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 67yrs • M •
Exactly, Isaiah 60: 19 and 20

The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy god thy glory.

Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy morning shall be ended.

Revelation 22:5

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wecycle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God exist because there is no way that i can slam any two items together and make them into something else. For example take two rocks slam them together if you get gold then this is all by accident and some crazy evolution therory. Look at the human body. It heals itself it has all the right parts to operate and yet we are to believe that we were not created by God. I think it should be why dont you believe in God. Thats the real question.

teacher why is it that you must curse when you write. I do believe we are brothers in christ. But i am at a loss as to why profanity is in your Teachings teacher. I have failed to find any in the Word and do believe your message will go farther without stooping to a level lower that Jesus has set for us.

"God is Good"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Riot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
God exist because there is no way that i can slam any two items together and make them into something else. For example take two rocks slam them together if you get gold then this is all by accident and some crazy evolution therory. Look at the human body. It heals itself it has all the right parts to operate and yet we are to believe that we were not created by God. I think it should be why dont you believe in God. Thats the real question.

some reasons, huh!

tell ya this, god, your god, the father of jesus, didn't create anything from nothing... don't you read the bible?...

now you tell me, why does human immune system proves god does exits?

67yrs • M •
teacher why is it that you must curse when you write. I do believe we are brothers in Christ. But i am at a loss as to why profanity is in your Teachings teacher. I have failed to find any in the Word and do believe your message will go farther without stooping to a level lower that Jesus has set for us.

It's just words used to express one's self. God told me to just be righteous on the inside, and real on the outside. I'm just real and straight up. We have to be real, and righteous in our heart, not just justified in our minds. Any words are just a means of communicating what you have to say.

47yrs • F •
Bibagirl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
People who don't believe in Bible's God can also behave well and live well.

Evolution is a basic foundation for modern science. We can test it?---Sure we can! In many patients, bacteria can evolve and become resistant to a paticular antibiotic drug. Insects can be nature-selected and became resistant to poinson. I don't think God told them to do so!

People who believe God exists----You are not stupid, you are just blind and don't have an open mind for other knowledge. I can see you already lost the ability to raise questions, as you found all the answer in a history book! How sad when human don't think!!

30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 7amood11 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Looks like I arrived in the middle of the debate....

Just to let you know, I'm Muslim, and I'll be giving you scientific proof that Allah exists.

Read this link:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Scientific-Evidence-of-the-Existence-of-God

In the link it shows you some scientific stuff that was discovered by scientists maybe 300 years ago maximum. It also brings you verses from the Quran that told people about those things. And the Quran was made over 1400 years ago! Can you explain that?

Here's another example:

Until 200-300 years ago, the Earth was believed to be flat. In the Quran(which was made over 1400 years ago), it's written that the Earth is shaped like an ostrich's egg, which scientist discovered many centuries later.

I await a reply...

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Kratos is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ive heard of ancient native american folklore describing the earth as round, its a thousand year old story aswell, do you actually believe all humans wre stupid? theres things people used to know that we could only wish we knew now, one example is the Gaelic people, they knew more about plants and nature than anyone else until they were exterminated

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 30yrs • M •
Can you bring me proof or that?

And did you take a look at the link I posted?

33yrs • M •
no theres no written proof,no book about it or any document, yea i did and its not very surprising at all, but it doesn't validate your religion or prove that god exists, its just shows how intelligent and inquisitive some people were at that time

"In the chills of brutal cold winter, I realised that within me lay an invincible summer"
 30yrs • M •
The people1400 years ago were smart, but they still had none of the resources we had 200-300 years ago...

Do you really think people 1400 years ago knew anything about human embryo development? Hell, I bet they don't even know what an embryo is!

And do you think those people would have known that mountains have deep roots under their surface?

Or that mountains work as stabilizers for the earth?

Or that two seas meeting together don't mix, as each sea has its own temperature, density, and salinity?

I agree with you that people were smart more than 1400 years ago, but they still didn't have enough resources or anything to help them find out these kind of things.

These kind of things validate Islam and show that Allah(who is all-knowing) DOES exist, if He didn't, how were people supposed to make these conclusions about embryos, mountains, and seas with absolutely no resources?

It's because Allah created this world, and the whole universe, so He knows exactly how the world works.

33yrs • M •
we are born inquisitive, form day one we demand to learn. The universe is made up in such a way that mathematics can decipher its meaning, its secrets. There is no need for a book on the secrets of life especially one that is supposedly from god, the only book you need is a math book, god left us the universe so we could understand him/her/it , i guess i was wrong lol the universe is that book, do you believe my statement about Gaelic people? fyi 1400 years ago most people didn't really travel enough to even know of other oceans and seas other than the ones that surrounded their land

why do you believe in god? - Page 12
  8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy