Existence does not exist - Bram Van Santvoort (Oblivionbram)
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why do you believe in god?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is good reason to believe "god" exists..

il try to show how its not a good reson and even how that reason could support that god dosnt exist unles you convince me otherwise

"no quote until i copyright it.."
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 38yrs • F •
clarence is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
..... believing in god is a matter of faith and if you dont believe in god it doesnt mean that god does not exist it simply means you dont believe in faith... i know this is not 100% proof but he "he who has faith does not need proof"

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Faith is lack of proof.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theories are ideas with lacks of proof.
Faith is believing in something because you know that it is right.

I believe in God because logically, to what I have seen in this world, God seems definite and inevitable. When I ponder the rules of the universe, knowing what is right and what is wrong, and the value behind life, I find that God surely must exist, and there is no other way.
Faith is believing, or a knowing that does not need proof.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when i think about it in a logical sense i am with Elemental on this one, i believe in god for those same reasons. but, i also have some internal "proof" of god, it is extremely unfortunate that i cannot show people what i have experienced. i often doubt my experiences however, and then fall back on the logical reasons for gods exsistence.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, God appears to be the most logical reason for this universe etc. It is more logical than infinite universes etc. Of coourse, God can't be proved, and neither can He be unproved.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
"Well, God appears to be the most logical reason for this universe etc."
That seems to an overstatement.

There's nothing logical with saying that a ALL GOOD and ALL POWERFUL being exists. I mean, I've used this argument before, but do you have any idea how bad it is for so many people? (whether in the past, Cold War, World Wars, Black Death or today).

God might exist, but its hardly the most obvious or logical.

"Theories are ideas with lacks of proof."
Theries are suppositions. They are never absolutely true, they are based on observation and are always awaiting their replacement by a more true theory.

A theory does not pretend to be better then it is.

"Faith is believing, or a knowing that does not need proof."
How do we know when we don't need proof?

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Because we can feel that it is right. A gut feeling that lets you know.

Another reason I believe God exists is because of my father. Thought at first thought, you might think that it is because I was born into my religion and so ofcourse I believe in it. Well, my dad is an anti social guy and does not like to go to church. But I have never seen him question the existence of God, he has always stood by his faith, even though he has gone through a butt load of the world's crap. For instance, one leader of a church had my dad do some work for him. Later, the religous guy backstabbed my dad by cheating him out of the money. My mom met him later and asked how he would do such a thing. The man replied "Chruch is church, business is business.".
My dad takes that, but does not need proof God exists just because something happened to him. I love my dad and I know like he knows that God exists, regardless of other people's choices.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 37yrs • M •
Gut feeling is pretty damn unreliable sometimes.

39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in and pray to God simply because it gives comfort and hope and the feeling that there is something else out there supporting me. I often doubt God's existence, but for some reason I just can't accept the fact the God does exist.

I never really speak of God in normal conversation and most people probably think I'm an atheist.

The church, on the other hand, is often something I really, really despise.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'm sorry guys but these discussions are so pointless, they always grow into pointless arguments b/c everyone is here to defend their point of view ....... everyone talks noone listens
plus both sides (religious and non religious) think that the other side is absolutely insane
i'm not even gonna say where i belong b/c noone cares anyway

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that username is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the bible is just a big metaphore. the devil represents bad or sin and jesus or god represents the good. and hell represents the consequenses of what uve done. there is not rilly a big cop in the sky who watches evry thing you do and if you dont obay he is going to send you to burn forever. you need to just lirn to be good in ur hart not in fear of going to hell. its like if some one is inoying you you dont puntch them in the face. not because jesus toled you not to. and if you do ur going to Hell. but because it is rong/stupid. and the consequens of punching them is that they probibly are going to puntch you back.

""to start press any key", "whers th"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some stopped believing in God when it was discovered that the sun did not rise and set, but that the earth rotated around the sun. Why is it that when we think we are smart we believe that a creator is impossible?

I believe in God, because otherwise, me and you and the earth we live on are all apart of a big accident. That doesn't sound very smart to me. We call it an accident because that explains away an intelligence that is way over our head. Rather than believe that we don't know something, we say it is an accident.

Now tell me - Why do you believe in an accident?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy