Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world. - Archimedes
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

al-Qaida / Iraqi link? - Page 2

User Thread
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dumbteen, at least be serious about your posts. Everyone knows that France was financially benefitting from the oil for food program. Why would they kill the goose that laid the golden egg? All four countries bordering Iraq are either friendly (Syria) or afraid of Iraq.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Then if not France, pick any number of other countries nearby. That's really not the point. The point is, if Iraq was such a threat, then world opinion wouldn't be so far against the US.
And be serious yourself, there's no way Iraq was a threat to the, US, let alone have WMDs.
If world opinion was with the US, there might be more troops in there helping to keep order, but as it is the military is losing control of the area because :
- many of them hate you
- there aren't enough troops

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Me and the old man accross the street sat and talked as he was chain smoking ciggerrets after his second heart attack. "I voted for Bush, the biggest mistake I ever made, I'm a republican," he told me. "All we keep hearing from there is lies," he said, explaining, "That nerve gas cannister is from world war II, there weapons of mass destruction aren't any threat to anyone ............ Have you ever seen what bombing does, it kills and maims and damages a lot of property, ofcourse the Iriqis don't like us ......... We're going to be paying for this for a long time."

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everyone in the world knew he had WMD except you. The question of today is, where are they now. The inspector's oversaw the destruction of tons of it. Don't say they never had WMD. Are they all destroyed, buried, in another country, just where? Seems if they were all destroyed, wouldn't have Saddam complied and been truthful? Does it matter when a WMD is made if can still be used as a WMD? (WWII is not accurate). I posted in another thread the list of 30 other countries with troops in Iraq.

37yrs • M •
The only country left, after Spain and Poland leave, with a significant number of troops is Britain.
And this is costing Blair dearly, due to pressure he may even have to withdraw troops.
Had the US gone into Iraq with the consent of the UN and of more European countries, there might be German and French forces in Iraq right now, comparable in size to the British force there.

Without even considering possible moral issues of law etc... The fact is, in the midst of recession, the US had turned out to not be liked enough or strong enough in Iraq to ensure stability and security. Democracies flounder in insecure environments.

A larger force with Germans and French would be able to insure security and Spanish and Polish withdrawals would have beenfar more unlikely if the major european countries participated themselves.

55yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that FederalistUSA is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Remember, a lot of the countries you mention did not want to help in the 1st place, not because they had any moral issues with Iraq, but because they were getting kickbacks of billions of dollars from Saddam.. If they helped take out Saddam, the kickback money would stop. UNSCAM Read on this board - http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=23380-u-frmid=23 Major parts of the U.N & N.A.T.O. were both making money off of an illegal scheme. Kerry's Iraqi plan is based on bringing in the same kickback taking countries to help Iraq. What do you think about Kerry's plan to include countries that are guilty at the top levels of stealing from the Iraqi people? Will they suddenly do the right thing or go right back to stealing the money?

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Major parts of the U.N & N.A.T.O. were both making money off of an illegal scheme. Kerry's Iraqi plan is based on bringing in the same kickback taking countries to help Iraq. What do you think about Kerry's plan to include countries that are guilty at the top levels of stealing from the Iraqi people? Will they suddenly do the right thing or go right back to stealing the money?

Yep...the waffler wants INNOVATIVE..LOL....ways to deal with the war.
Yea..like put your tail between your legs and run...

I was stupid enough to actually watch that horrid beheading...and let me tell you...it was beyond sickening...and awful...it was unspeakably awful. No words can tell you the haunted feeling I now have. These people are inhuman, and what caught my attention was the almost evil chanting and (Was it actually prayer...?) they did as the act was being done...
It was slow, methodical, and purposely inhumane....

And we have americans sitting here with their freedoms intact....reassuring themselves that we DESERVE THIS CRAP!!!

You want to watch that video?
This man was guilty of nothing more than wanting to embark on free enterprise....but he was detained..and held. WHY ?

Further.....if the al queada is getting bigger and stronger...just drop an A bomb. Sorry...but they are poison in the world...
just like Hitler was...and who here sympathises with him?

Yet terrorists are killing women, children, themselves, civilians, innocents, or anyone they can...because they are world bullies.

Should we sit down and talk about why they destroyed the lives of well over 3000 people on 911?

There was a quote I must impart here....

'They hate us more than they love themselves.'

Now go reason with them...liberals...and see if you find the fate of Nick Berg...
God rest his poor soul. O man..that was truly graphically horrible.

His poor family.

I pray everyday for my enemies to change....and for world peace...but in revelations..this is all to come about.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 37yrs • M •
Not much worse then your standard texan style execution, or the Southern Lynch mobs that were so commone only a few decades ago in the US.

All countries have their extremists, the poor ones have more, that's all.

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
War is hell. Berg was STUPID to try to profit from American-style imperialism during a 'hot' war. People that enter into a war zone give up all rights to outrage at their deaths. American bombs killed and maimed. Do you need a video of a person with a bomb going off next to them to feel outrage or horror or justification for what we are doing? They hate us and we hate them. What we sow, we reap. What was an American citizen doing in Iraq anyway?

I don't like saying this because someone might take it the wrong way, but Mr Berg was Jewish and an American. Given the hatred in Iraq for Jews and Americans, Mr Berg was waving a red flag in front of an angry bull and he didn't get out of the way when it came after him. Gruesome, yes, but then that is war. The war we started. Remember 'shock and awe'? They turned the tables on us/you.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Everyone in the world knew he had WMD except you.

I believe he had weapons that could reach Saudi Araba, possible Isreal (but that is doubtful). We destroyed a lot of it and forced him to destroy a lot of it and we know he didn't. I suspect that the terrorist now have it. If there is none or the terrorists have it; are war for the purpose of WMD has been a failure. I can remember Carter making a mistake that was imbarrasing. Why are we continueing on as if we did not make a mistake. In doing this we are only making our mistake bigger and worse. We need to just fess up and ask for help (swallow some of that pride). Sometimes it is good to be humble. In the Navy they teach that a good leader is one who realizes his faults, and this is where we are failing.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
al-Qaida / Iraqi link? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy