Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Please tell me about your avatar.

User Thread
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I recognize some of the avatars but there are so many that I'm interested in finding out their meaning.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that silhouettedevil is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ask and you shall recieve...

lets see...me avatar currently is that of the HIM(His Infernal Majesty) If you don't know about em' they are a metal band that has dubbed their style as 'Love Metal'. Now me, I'm into various bands and styles...A friend intro'd me to HIM and I've been hooked ever since...Not only is it a style, but a way of life...I love metal music, amongst others...The Heart-Pentacle is another symbol that attracted me. I belive in various things, two of which are Love and Magic. The Pentacle being around and used as a symbol of Magic...and the Heart...an ulitmate symbol of Love...It just...calls to me

"Everyone leaves. In the End. Everything Dies. In the End. It doesn't matter how hard you hold on. "Mortiis-Everyone Leaves""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*coughcultcough* heh j/p.

currently mine is Pei Mei from Kill Bill Vol. 2 ... great movie!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mine's a Prussian (german) Iron Cross. Its a symbol of discipline, militarism and victory.
Its been perverted recently by neo-nazis who think its a racist symbol, but its more to do with the better knightly values.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 62yrs • F •
Silhouetted, at first glance I thought your avatar was a Pagan Pentacle, until I saw the heart shape. I'll have to check them (HIM) out. Even though my metal rock days are afar, I don't mind listening to it every so often.

Wyote, I have yet to seee Kill Bill Vol. 1, although I want to. My daughters are in Karate and have been asking me to rent it. Is it "appropriate" for a 15 and 12.5 year old to see?

DumbTeen, that's very interesting. I'm going to google it right now.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i will say this, Kill Bill (both movies) is very violent. i definately wouldnt allow your 12.5 year old to see it, and i suppose it wouldnt be very good for your 15 year old either, but that one is your call. the language isnt extremely bad (ive seen worse) but there are many curse words throughout it. they are "R" for a reason

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i) pai mei rules

ii) don't let your young kids see kill bill, i love the movies, but they're quite graphic. (classic tarantino)

iii) mine is a star exploding, forsaken in space. Or is it a man staring up into treetops in a forest. Or is it something else?

"www.starforsaken.com"
 62yrs • F •
Aftermath from a firework display?

Turtle roadkill?

39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mine's a picture of the main members of my #1 favorite band, The Clash.

Let your children see the Kill Bills, the violence is hilarious.

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mine tis me...but somehow it is blurry and weird looking.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 42yrs • F •
Thought I'd revive this thread seeing as I'm interested in knowing about your avatars.

I've had mine forever now, it's a hand holding a flower against a field of long grass. In the original image the flower was blood red whist the rest of the image was back and white, though for some reason when I uploaded it the whole image became blak and white - maybe the red pixels were condensed by the black pixels or something. Anyway, the image does not belong to me, I just tried finding the artist so that I could give them the credit but I could not find it. Back when I got the image, I liked it so much I sketched my own version of it using my hand. I like drawing hands.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy