I have great faith in fools - my friends call it self-confidence. (Edgar Allen Poe) - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does GOD Not Existed? - Page 7

User Thread
 54yrs • F •
Entervention is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hello Everyone and greetings in Christ Jesus!

I have found all of the posts to this thread to be most interesting indeed. I do have something I'd like to throw into your discussion however.

Suppose you had proof of the supernatural. Suppose that you had indisputable proof that Satan, evil or the "dark side" exists, would you then have to believe in God or an infinite being in order to believe that something "good" is holding that something "evil" in check? Well as a Christian I certainly believed this. That is until I met my husband and learned of his rather eery childhood.
You see, his mother, thinking it to be only for fun, decided to play around with a Ouija board. To make a long story short, do you remember the classic horror movie Poltergeist? Well my husband basically lived it. His mother had to move them three times to escape the evil that she had called into their lives! I'm talking blunt evil, like objects flying across the room evil beings manifesting themselves to my husband and his brother. Inparticular a red glowing hand that slid out from under the refridgerator and when, being a child, he curiously reached out to touch it, became a snake that wrapped it'self around his neck! To this day he is terrified of snakes.
No he wasn't dreaming or having a nightmare because his brother experianced this right along with him. Ok now most logical people who hear a story like this would think that my husband would be a devout believer since he was privy to seeing the 'other side.' Would you believe that to this day he struggles with his faith??? It's true, even upon seeing what we deem the impossible as humans trapped in our 3 dementional world, he still questions the existance of God.
So to all of you who say you would believe in God if he would only show himself to you, well I have to really ask you this question Would You?

Please don't use this as an idea to run out and buy a Ouja board to prove to yourselves and others that God really does exist. Though Satan may be willing to jump through your 'hoops' and prove his existance where God wont, I wouldn't advise it. Your certain not to like what you find!

"Lo I am with you always, even until the end of the world"

54yrs • F •
Entervention is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hello,

I'm new to this discussion board, though I have posted once before.
I just wanted to say that I noticed that there has been much mentioned about how we can earn our way into Heaven. In other words by doing what is right. I need to point out that this is biblicaly wrong. Christ says, that "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but through me." And "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believes in him shall have eternal life.:" It does not say whosover always does what is right. This is important because the world needs to know that the only way to eternal life and salvation is through Christ Jesus Our Lord!
Now once a person has asked Jesus to come into his life and in doing so has stated their belief in Him, then God, through the Holy Spirit, begines to change that person from the inside out. Thus the scripture that states, "By thier 'fruits' ye shall know them." In other words by our acts and our deeds you will know who has the Holy Spirit in them. As a Christian and His servant it is very important to me that you all know this. Too many think that the way to salvation is 'good deeds and acts of kindness' when in reality that is like putting the cart before the horse!

God Bless!

57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are part correct Entervention. Because indeed it says if you have not love, but give charity you are an empty gong.
Acts are not the only way, nor is faith. But love is the way.
Love will encompass and direct all hearts to LIVE the life most pleasing to God. Salvation is for God's choice alone. No one knows another's heart. But also, those who shall be first shall be last, and those who are last shall be first.
This says to me, that faith, love, charity can all together or seperately aid in our salvation. But it the one who has all of the above who will be greater than others in heaven.

Salvation is given according to HOW God sees it. He knows all. We as men can see the acts of others and this is how the actions we do, may bring us reward. That is two fold. Because not only are we giving love to others,, but if our actions can bring anyone into the desire to follow God, then we have saved their soul.

Faith is good to believe, because all things are possible, but it is empty if we do not share our faith or help others because we have faith to do so.

Love is the greatest of all, because we can do acts and have faith, but if our hearts are cold, we haven't done it with love.

However, 'lest ye boast' (Of your charity) does not mean you will not make it to heaven. But you will not be rewarded for the acts.

Salvation depends on all of the above. It should be a blended and perfect union. Faith, Love, and Charity, and Love being the greatest.

Love what you said, incidently.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 57yrs • F •
quote:
We did not inherit 'sin' from Adam and Eve, we only inherited imperfection.

Imperfection is the sin of Adam and Eve. Otherwise, we would not have it, would we?

quote:
Anyway, It' s pretty irrelevant wheather God is good or bad, he is neither. Some thing is Good if something bad is done.

Perhaps this explains why God has to be deemed GOOD, because Satan is evil. Eh?
But we only came into this knowledge when we learned the differences. In the fruit taken, to become like God, ONLY in knowing good from bad. Therefore, God is good, Satan is bad. We now know.

quote:
Why do earth quakes happen? Because everything obeys the laws of physics. They happen becasue of certain processes inside the earth, which are necessary.If it rains, it doesn't mean God is happy with us(oh puleez, that what people used to think 50- 60 thousand years ago).

Yes, and 8000 years ago, it has been recorded in biblical stones still preserved today in archeological finds that God spoke to them, and stated these things on why we have droughts or rain. And the great flood as recorded in stone tablets found.

As of the time of Moses, God promised to no longer speak to mankind. Because it frightened them.

But yes, we know these things because they were recorded. Today we rely solely on His Spirit to guide us.
Some would call that intuition, or a 'feeling'.

quote:
Suppose you had proof of the supernatural. Suppose that you had indisputable proof that Satan, evil or the "dark side" exists, would you then have to believe in God or an infinite being in order to believe that something "good" is holding that something "evil" in check? Well as a Christian I certainly believed this.

If I were to even begin to explain my spiritual journey, this would be but part of it.
Yes, I did experiemnt with that awful 'game' and it is NO GAME!
Yes, evil exists, and yes it can attack.
Yes evil can cloud the mind of man, if he will not bring himself out of it IF he does NOT call on Jesus.

I wish you the best. But if he ever chooses to be healed from this mess, he need only open his heart to Jesus, and call on him and the protection of his angels.
My suggestion.
Peace to you both. Through Jesus Christ.

57yrs • F •
quote:
. I believe it is because we are the Saten cast onto this earth.

Then if we were Satan, why would Jesus sanctify us through death, if we know already that Satan is the ebemy of God?

Elemental, you say we murdered Christ. And we are the only one, and other worlds have been created..etc.

Ok, since I have not read anywhere about other worlds being created in the bible, I cannot presuppose to know what you are talking about. But what I do know, is that Jesus laid down His life on the cross for all mankind.
This was His choice, and His reason for living. To sanctify mankind with His blood.

Jesus but did say to Pilate;
St John 19; 20
Pilate therefore said to him, "Dost thou not speak to me? Dost thou know that I have power to crucify thee, and that I have power to release thee?"
Jesus answered, "Thou wouldst have no power over me were it not given from above. Therefore, he who betrayed me to thee has the greater sin."

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Devilry anew. I am keeping this kinda short, because the one I put alot of effort into did not go through.

Kay, first, from what I have read, God had children without number and worlds without number. Either way, Jesus came to this world to be offered, because we were the only ones who would try killing him.

Although Jesus could have stopped it, we did kill him. Though he did "give up the ghost", it was by the wounds we caused. I mean it as we would be the only ones who would have been the ones to choose him to die over another prisoner, put the thorn crown on him, whip him some many times, and finally nail him to the cross.

As for Entervention, I am wondering about what you said.
If I am understanding what you mean, then I have trouble with what you are believing. What about the children who die before they can understand what Christ is. Surely God would not send them to Hell for it.
But if you mean what I believe in, then I understand completely. I will explain.

People think baptism washes away their sin. Guess what, that is not true. Baptism is taking on the name of Christ, as in accepting him. The washing away using the water is symbolic. Christ was the one who suffered the utmost pain and died for our sins, not the pool of water. Christ is the only way we are getting to heaven, and he does say so. And it is through baptism that this happens.
But then how can those who die before having the opportunity to get baptised enter heaven? In heaven, all people will have the opportunity to learn of christ and recieve a baptism.

I do want to emphasize however that you are wrong if you think that doing good things don't count. Good deeds, faith, love. Those are some of the reasons that we are sent to this world. Why not just stay with God in heaven all along? What is this life for? We are here to be judged, and these attributes are the things that are going to save us in the end.

P.S.
About Jesus. You who all believe that he suffered for his sins, I want you to listen. He sweat a drop of blood and suffered every measurement of pain imaginable for the sins that were and the ones to come. He suffered the supreme punishment for us. Let us think of that the next time we sin. Every time we sin, it means that we caused Jesus pain. Every time we sin, it is like a slap in the face or a spitting to the feet of our savior.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 57yrs • F •
quote:
You who all believe that he suffered for his sins, I want you to listen. He sweat a drop of blood and suffered every measurement of pain imaginable for the sins that were and the ones to come. He suffered the supreme punishment for us. Let us think of that the next time we sin. Every time we sin, it means that we caused Jesus pain. Every time we sin, it is like a slap in the face or a spitting to the feet of our savior.

I agree. Every time we sin, we strike the Lord, as the scourgers.

Jesus had no sins. He was the spotless lamb.

As I said before Elemental, I have never read anywhere about another group of worlds. Point to me the scripture. I am curious.

The whole purpose to the Lord's life was to teach and give laws of the Word of God. (In Wisdom, Jesus is called the Word of God) Therefore we have been given His Word. And he lived to teach, and died to give SALVATION.

Amen, and peace to all.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hebrews 1:2
"Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds."

Hebrews 11:3
"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things wich are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Other things like that. I have found alot better before, but these are all I can come up with at this time. I will look more.
(Also, there are more deals with the stars in the universe and how God commands them. I ifound some of these, but not much to say about other worlds.)

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 57yrs • F •
My bible says 'world' in the singular term.
But this world is enough for me to contemplate. Even this alone is more than I can handle.
Not saying there are not other worlds, or what not.

Just not sure the Apostles would know about them. But who knows. I am curious how they referred to other worlds NOT harming Jesus, and what you said.

How would we compare?
Where is it written that we are the only ones who crucufied him?
What of the other wolrds do we know of through the bible?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A may have been an oral tradition all the way back from the Hindu religion which speaks of other worlds. The way I learned it, the Jewish religion came from the Hindu religion.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
LittleTiny is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To DumbTeen: I cant understand where you get the idea that God causes all the problems that MAN CREATES FOR HIMSELF!! We make our own problems from the choices we make with the gift of free will that God gave us. God doesnt want to make us love him. He wants us to make that choice ourselves. We were made in Gods own image. That means that we can somewhat comprehend Him. Like the Head Admin said, we cannot comprehend anything over us, so a higher being such as God doesnt seem logical to many people. We try to use science to find an explanation. But since man is imperfect, so is our science. Many people try to excuse God by saying that His existence cannot be proven. But it also cannot be disproven, and I feel that is what those who try to disprove Him ultimately fear. There is no scientific explanation that can disprove God's existance as our imperfect existance cannot disprove something so perfect as God. Our puny minds cannot comprehend something outside our imperfect thought of existance. Our vain attempts to disprove Him only show our fear of such an onmipresent, onmiscient being. DumbTeen, noone is forcing you to believe in God, but be considerate of others and dont publicly blame God for your troubles and the troubles of others. Man makes his own problems.

""There is no good or evil. Only perception and opinion." Squall FF VIII"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have 2 points :
- disease, plagues, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods etc... Are they man made?
- Why do you go by the assumption he exists? I go by the assumption that he exists as much as every other non-proven thing.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in a (computer program like thing) that keeps everything in check. When one part begins to go out of sink another part compansates. I call this thing the law of God. This I think explaines (to me) tornadoes, earthquakes, plagues, etc.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So what? God can't find a better way to put things back in order again then to slaughter his creations?
This sounds like a debate philosophers were having 200 years ago. Both were christian, one believed that this was the best world to live in and that every horror would in fact have good consequences (but we're too stupid to understand), the other thought that it was absurd to close one's eyes to human suffering.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
LittleTiny is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
1: are you suggesting such natural disasters are caused by God?
2:I dont go by an assumption. The Christain religion is founded upon FAITH. Faith is the beilief of things unknown, the trust of things not seen.

What exactly is your religion DumbTeen?

""There is no good or evil. Only perception and opinion." Squall FF VIII"
Does GOD Not Existed? - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy