Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I'm 14 and in love, so what?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would just like to say that it makes me really mad when people tell me because I am 14 I don't know what love is. Well, so far from what I've seen as Lauren and I compared to other married couples, we get along A LOT better. We have almost everything in common (that we've discussed mind you), and didn't start dating out of "like." My friend Niasheem (yea he's gotta weird name even he'll admit it) knows me very well, and when I told him I hadn't had a girlfriend in almost a year and was getting very lonely, he told me to IM this girl. At first, I didn't even think I'd ask her out, but after we got to talking, the thought crossed my mind. After about another hour of talking, I became really interested in this girl, and Nas said she was saying to him how great she thought I was (not to brag lol). Well, after we had talked for about 2 hours, I asked her out. Of course she said yes, and I was excited. I started planning all the cool things I could do with this really awesome girl (not JUST that, you perv!) in my mind. After talking to this girl for about 5 hours straight on the internet, I thought, no, KNEW I was in love. It's very hard to explain how you fall in love with someone you haven't actually looked at or held in your arms, and also one you've only talked to on the internet, but the feelings were their, for both of us. The next thing that happened PROVED to me, and should also to everyone else, that I AM in love. After a while I asked her if she thought Columbus was a fun city and where she would like to move to. After a brief period of silence (three dots for the AIM impared), she told me she didn't live in Columbus. I asked her where she lived, and she said Richmond, Kentucky. Well, the thing that proved to me that I was in love was that.....I DIDN'T MIND. I knew I loved this girl, and just because she lived in another city, hell, another STATE, I still would rather spend the rest of my life with her on just the internet than any other girl I could physically be with. We have been going out for 3 months now, and we are still happy as ever, saying I love you out of nowhere about 2-3 times a minute. Lol maybe I kinda went on but does anyone have some thoughts on this?

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know My Thoughts aren't great. But when it comes to being a city away and stuff your never to sure. I mean if your In love good for you and Hope it works out somehow, But Love can be blind.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 35yrs • M •
Yea I'm the first guy she's ever loved. I "loved" this other girl at one point, but now I know that wasn't love, that was more like a strong combination of lust and a need to have somebody to love because I guess I was in an experimental phase.

Never too sure? What the hell does that mean? I mean, I love this girl, and nothings gonna change my mind, why would I wanna be "cautious" about it?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just make sure she's not throwing the Word around that's all , People Often throw words around they don't, mean if you catch my drift.
And When I said " your never to sure" What I was saying was your never sure if they mean it or not especially if its over the internet, you know how easy it is to say "I love you" over the internet, and how much hader it is in person?

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 35yrs • M •
Well, I have talked to her on the phone, and pretty much, we are perfectly honest about everything, on the internet and phone, so I know we will prolly act the same in person also. And yea, I said I love you as often on the phone as I do on the internet.

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tried replying a min. ago and was idle to long. So I'll try to make my story shorter. I don't say any of what I'm about to say to hurt you or to discourage you. So to make a long story short...

I got into a relationship about a year and a half ago. He told me he loved me and did everything right. I believed him for so long. We spent every min. that we could together (on the phone, in person and online). We didn't sleep together for awhile after we started seeing each other. He said and did all the right things. To this day I still love him more than I'll ever admitt to. Anyway, I found out in March that he didn't love me as he said he did and though I knew it I still believed that he did to a point. I was willing to settle. Hell I'd done worse just to be with him. It wasn't till one day when I was talking to some friends that my eyes were opened wide and I seen the real him and I ended all that was still there.

Anyway my point is that they can say and do all the right things to make a person believe. I don't tell you this like I said to hurt or discourage you. But more because I would NEVER want to see ANYONE go through all the hurt and the pain that I have gone through and am still going through. Good luck to you! Also just because you are only 14 doesn't mean that you can't know what "love" is. Don't let anyone convince you that you don't!

""Live life to the fullest!""
 45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rossetti is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love is the most fundamental feeling that human beings can experience, so I would discourage anyone from making fun of or denouncing UnderDawg's love for this girl. However, human beings also go through many, many changes from adolescence to adulthood. I remember being fourteen years old and doodling boys' names on my bookcovers. I would write things like,"I love so-and-so forever." I can honestly say that I did not LOVE them; rather, as a fourteen year-old, I was experiencing brand new feelings that I had never come across before. Those feelings hit you so hard and fast, and you become overwhelmed by them.
UnderDawg, all I can say is this: If you think what you are experiencing now is love, just wait a few years--the feeling of being in love will only get better and more intense (can you imagine that!).

"Les enfers sont les autres."
 47yrs • F •
quote:
If you think what you are experiencing now is love, just wait a few years--the feeling of being in love will only get better and more intense

Amen!

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yep, and with that intensification of good feelings, so does the bad intensify.

The thing with your relationship UnderDawg, is it shouldn't be what others think of it, get what you need and want out of it because those feelings belong to you two, not anyone else. Your relationship may or may not last, who knows, but from my experience It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all, or something along those lines.

I still have deep dark feelings for the first girl that I told, and meant, I love you. Bitter feelings also, but still, fond memories.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 47yrs • F •
quote:
Yep, and with that intensification of good feelings, so does the bad intensify.

Again...Amen!

quote:
It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all

This is true for all of my experiences too but one. There is one that I have had that I wish I could go back in time and not have at all. But such as life.

35yrs • M •
She's 15.

38yrs • M •
SirKohl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm not one to judge, if you're in love, good for you, that feeling is the best you will ever experience.

But as you know you love her, you have to know that you two have many things against, you can't deny that, thats why its sometimes hard for other people believe you're really in love.

Hope everything goes well between the two of you, but only one thing i advice you, take it easy and step by step.

"Live the day, like if it was the last one"
 37yrs • M •
akal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
15 so I was when I fell into love's impossible grip. Wow, what a trip it was. It was love at first sight, next thing I knew she was living in my room! Lol... ironically, people doubted us. But we lived together for a year and it was bliss. I had come to the conclusion that this fine young lady was worth everything to me and more so than anything else. Unfortunatley I move away and we continue our relationship over phone calls and emails for another year and all was.. yes was going well. Then she just disapeared and nobody knows where she is or anything... I still love her. So I have choices to face... do I move on and pick up on my elaborate teen years or wait forever to see if she comes back, if she can? I'm moving on, it kills me but I have to...

Love is a fundamental feeling. it's like a huge disease that a person experiences... it's a weird thing.

"why? -is what makes us different"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The things you guys say reminds me soooo much of when I first fell in love. I was 14 and loved this girl as much as I possibly could at that age, the weirdest part for me was that there was no sexual anything going on and my feelings were as deep as if we had. She eventually broke my heart into a million pieces and left me to glue them back together...it was hard, but I pushed my way through it.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...... My heart is broke
But i have some glue
Let me inhale
And mend it with you..... (nirvana)

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy