We end up taking a one-way flight to a deserted island we've created for ourselves and in our minds. - WanderingNobody
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Music

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Music
I just want to hear your opinions on music, who you like, hate, think sux, w/e you would like to say.

I am very into hardcore. I have mad respect for the speed at which these people play. I also have much respect for how devoted these people are to their music, going as far as to permanently damage their voice just so they can get that "angry" mood.

I also respect bands like Korn or Disturbed. They change the mood from sadly depressing to eternal hatred in a heartbeat. I also enjoy the lyrical content of these bands.

I also respect bands such as The Berzerker. These guys are probably the most devoted band in history. If you don't believe me, go to their official site, theberzerker.com, and read some of the interviews and lyrics from these people. They are DEEP.

Now I would like to hear your opinions on music.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I usually don't like techno, though it depends on my mood. Rap sucks, no really really sucks. Rap is about taking beautiful violins and then having a gangster yell and speak (as oppose to sing) over it
I love rock hard or soft, sometimes classical is cool too.
My favourite band is Apocalyptica ATM which is a very cool rock band.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 37yrs • F •
jitterbug is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I like every kind of music from Britney Spears to Rancid. But I think that a lot of people get confused when they get all mad at artists such as Avril LAvigne. Everyone gets mad at her because they think shes punk and she never said she was punk in the first place. I just dont think they should use so many labels in the music industry.

""7,000 people dying of Aids in Africa is not a cause it's an emergency"-Bono"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am probably going to be an OutKast in this thread again, but I like Rap. I am a music lover period, which is why I can appreciate all forms (including Rap). I also like Alternative Rock, Hard Rock, some Metal bands, some Classic Rock, some classic music, No Country, alot of classical, world music, Raggae, some Pop, 50-60's oldies, and Jazz.
I think in order to like rap you have to either love the beats, or feel the lyrics...and most importantly, throw you bias and prejudice out the door.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Aura is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Reggae, Rock, Latin, Hip-Hop/Rap, Elton John-like songs (what?).

I listen to any type of music so long as it sounds good (i.e. I like the beat/I like the lyrics).

"I'm here to live... OUT LOUD!"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey...I am not so alone after all, lol.

I forgot to say who I think sucks, number one on my list is Justin Timbergay, god I hate that guy. Another one that I think sucks is Marilyn Manson, just don't like anything about that guy-including his music, so fahq em.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that tristen is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey decius are you old enough to remember the actual 80s music culture ?>not trying to say that your not ,or that it even matters .
i,m just ourious

"mind over matter \"if you don\'t mind it doesn\'t matter\""
 40yrs • F •
Rean is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
music- LOVE IT! listens to it everyday,everyhour,everyminute. form punkrock to hip-hop RnB, to soul, jazz, regae to house. Alternative and pinoy rock and classics (those in 5o's-80's) Beatles to carpenters.
Can't live without it. the artist are so cool they reach millions of people to music and inspires everyone with just a simple song.

""reasons why people loves to hate me""
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Music- I love it!
I have an eclectic taste as well I like a lot of Trance music (an offshot of techno) as well as some older metal incuding- Metalica, Iron Maiden, Wasp, Dio, Ozzy, Death and I love the soft newage stuff as well like Enya, Sarah McLaghlin, Lorena Mcinit etc. And some of the more unusual stuff I like is- PJ Harvey, Distillers, Sex Pistols, Faith No More, Bjork, Concrete Blonde, NIN And of course the Tragicly Hip
Also A lot of really great stuff can come from soundtracks.

Here is a link to a related top 10 albums post
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=1045644598-u-page=0#10727

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey I R Me do you like PJ Harvey?!! She's my favourite!! I adore her so much. I have most of her albums and I cant wait till she brings out her latest. I also listen to most music but mainly alternative and female vocalist, I also love the oldies like Abba, Jimi Hendrix, Phil Collins, Beatles, Rolling Stones etc.
I love the Darkness, White Stripes etc.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
Indeed I do like PJ Harvey- when I started listening all she had out was the four track demos which really raw and powerful and no one knew about her- now she is so mainstream but I am not surprised she is so talented! The last album I bought was To bring you my love- for years now I have not bought any new music- I am aggrivated by the low quality of CD's they get scratched to easily.
Favorite songs- ecstasy, bring you my love, Down by the water, the dancer. ( I may be a little confused on the titles)
She is awesome I love her writing - I am glad to know you also like her stuff.

43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah the first time I saw her was at the BIG DAY OUT which is a huge gig that many overseas and local artists perform in this huge area in every state in Australia and she was there. WOW she was SO sexy she had a red dress on and a white cowboy hat and she was so beautiful. I just was in awe of her she sang wicked songs I was boppin my head to them all. My favourite song is Kamkaze from her latest album its rockin and another of my favourites is 'Down By the Water' and 'Lick My Legs".
I cant wait til her new album, I got the new Queens of The Stone Age album, "Desert Sessions" and it has about 3or 4 songs of her singing with the lead singer its GREAT you should get it.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
I may consider that- She is incredible I agree- I am a cheapo when it comes to music I have purchased perhaps 20 CD's in the last 6 years or so.
Which leads me to another question Does any one know of any free music sites on the web? I love ney radio sometimes and I found 1 indie site that streams-
http://www.magnatune.com/ an interesting site! highspeed is a must.... Check out Shiva in Exile

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i like buckethead, and all classical music, favorite composers Hydn, and Bach.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not too long ago I learned about this band called Tool, I advise EVERYONE to take a look at them, they are awesome, here is a list of some of their best songs:

Aenima
Parabola
Lateralus
Schism
Ticks and Leeches

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
Music
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy