Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Music - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do you like A Perfect Circle as well UnderDawg? ... Maynard is awesome...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I LOVE hardcore gangsta rap first and foremost. Secondly I would say R&B/Hip Hop. Third old bands like Iron Maiden (JUST saw them), Judist Priest, AC DC, Black Sabbath, Great White, Bon Jovi. Then there would be Mozart. I can air violin every single song that he ever wrote lol.

But my number one fav is......
Captain and Tennille

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
kevosworld
do you play guitar ?
i just assumed you do b/c you like buckethead ...

i don't mind hip hop but dislike gangsta rap
hmm rock
althernative
punk
a little metal
techno (a lot of trance)
trip hop
some oldies

btw anyone heard of Halluciongen ?

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Punk is my main thing these days. With modern punk I like Rancid, The Bastards (specifically with Lars Frederiksen), Operation Ivy, The Transplants, The Living End, The Hives, etc. I really like early punk better though, from the 70's & 80's i.e. The Clash (my all time favorite band), The Sex Pistols, Stiff Little Fingers, The Ramones, The Damned, Minor Threat, etc.
I also like other rock like Foo Fighters , Super Furry Animals, Kings of Leon, Guster, Cake, Sublime, Barenaked Ladies,and others.

Rap makes me hate the world, as does MTV pop.

Jitterbug: People hate Avril Lavigne not because they think she's punk, but because other people think she's punk, and she gives punk a bad name. There are people out there who think Avril Lavigne invented punk when she really just sings pop with bad make up. You have to realize it's not what she says or said because her voice is the voice of the corporations that control her.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I like APC a lot too. Have you ever heard of Opeth?

And yes, Maynard is just plain brilliant.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Opeth is one of the hardest band to find on kazaa.

theres only like 3 songs on the whole thing!

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know man, and I can't find their cd anywhere either, I guess I'll just have to order it.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
aye, apc is my favorite current band right now. although maynard doesn't write most of their songs, billy howardel actually does--hes the band leader, although a lot of people dont realize it. tools pretty awesome too. im a big lyric person myself, so any band with deep and creative lyrics that sounds good with the music is great--i just cant stand poorly written lyrics, even if the music actually is pretty good.
my favorite band of all time is nirvana, just because it always reminds me of like the 4th grade when i first started listening to music--i just really was into the whole early nineties postpunk/grunge seattle scene with the screaming trees and mudhoney and the melvins and alice in chains, etc...i never liked pearl jam, though. i always thought them and soundgarden(soundgarden was ok though) were more poppy than the other more abrasive bands.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
i dont think maynard is involved at all with apc. he basically shows up and plays what they tell him to but that doesnt change the fact that he still sounds awesome.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey anyone like punk music?

Like the Sex Pistols or the Distillers anything like that?

I never thought I would end up liking that sort of stuff but it really grows on you.... My lady loves that stuff.

Any of you had that experience where you hang ouit with someone and the music they play you grow to like?

Oh one more thing aerosmith is the worst shitties bullshit lowsiest, worst, most over-rated band that has ever exsisted in this dimension or anyother! If you listen to this you ned to break away from the lies and the horrid curse that is upon you! Save yourself and burn any offending CD's tapes records or otherwise- if not for yourself- think of the children....

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know, i think kiss is worse than aerosmyth(spelling?). kiss and ac/dc--most simplistic and reduntant bands of all time. like ninety percent of these guys songs are about the same four subjects--sex, partying, drinking, and driving around.
it just gets really old after a while--also, all eighties hairbands are down there toward the bottom of my list.

yeah, and i know what you mean about music growing on you. usually when i buy a cd i have to play it over and over again like five times until i really start to notice good things about it. until then its pretty much just background noise to my thoughts.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
i love punk... people argue whether or not Green Day is punk... or they say it is "GAPunk" .... quite frankly i dont give a damn, its hard to label things these days and its only getting harder. good music is good music, period.

37yrs • F •
GREEN DAY IS PUNK

if Emo is punk then green day is definetly punk ! might not be hardcore but it is and they're awesome too ....

but i seriously couldn't believe for a long time that emo stands for emotional punk

37yrs • F •
does anyone know what you could call The Vines ?
what about The Strokes ?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Punk, Rock, Pop, And any sorts that branch out from those groups.
And just to name a few.
Finch, Seether, JT etc..
and I also enjoy the Bagpipes. and Scottish Music. or Stuff from the east with a hint of Gaelic.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
Music - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy