Solitude gives birth to the original in us, to beauty unfamiliar and perilous- to poetry. But also, it gives birth to the opposite: to the perverse, the illicit, the absurd. - Thomas Mann
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I met my boyfriend on the internet..so what! - Page 4

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I too actually met my g/f online... but she lives relatively close to me anyway.. its not like one of those long distance things i think it was the best decision in my life so far *gotta love.. younglove* kekeke

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its something that can work fine, but due to the fact, that you dont actually know if the person is telling the truth, you have to be very careful about it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i met one of my best friends on line, his name is Ben and he is several years older then me and he lives in michigan, and we talk on the phone alot, and he gives me advice and such. and my mom met her boyfriend online and they have dated for 3 or 4 years or more. her frst boyfriend i approve of, actually.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 30yrs • F •
-RandomRainbow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
im curently dating a guy who i know off the internet. when he asked me out i didnt give him a striaght answer cuz i really wasnt sure about a LDR wen i said i wasnt sure and stuff i was pretty upset i dont even no why and so was he , he said he was on the verge of crying when i thought about it and said yes he was over the moon and the 1st thing he talked about was how i feel about sex. i was sorta taken aback and thought we were going pretty quick but he says we have to be open and comfortable to talk to each other about these things and i shouldnt be scared. he really helped me and we talk about it. but was it really too soon?
btw. im 13 years old and hes 17years old.i know 13 seems really young but i am mature.and there isnt a proper age for sex.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah when you meet someone in a bar/club, and you go out with them and talk, you dont know if they are telling the truth or not, Im honest online, and I believe who I am in love with is also honest, after a while one of you would slip somewhere.

I met someone off the net too, yeah, its great.

Love you Mr bravo more than all the theatres and plays ever written the way you love me more than your ps2 lmao.

Peace.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My Fiance is Chinese, out of the 3 years we have been together we have only been with each other for less then 2 months. Her parents forbid her to see me (Americans have horrible relationship records), distance is a horrible test to a relationship but she is in school and I am working for the military (none of my opinions or statements are statements of the government or institution but are sully my own)

She will finish up schooling, ill be done honoring my family and country, and we will be together. Not a day goes by I don't think of her or miss her. Nor, a day goes by I have any doubts in our relationship and dedication toward one another.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I met my husband 19 years ago before the internet via the CB radio. My dad had been a long distance lorry driver for years and he set up the radio in our garage. I was addicted to it, on it every night till the small hours and I suppose it was just like the internet is now, except you were listening and talking rather than tapping keys.

We all lied through our teeth about our appearance and stuff but that was all part of the fun. When I said I wanted to meet him my parents went bonkers saying he could be a homicidle maniac - oops should have listened to them and spared myself 16 years of marriage with an Irish toss pot!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LMAO sorceress! I honestly laughed so hard at that, i was waiting for some lovely romantic end but instead you gave us that.

The internet like the CB radio is just the means we use, people are people wherever you meet them, so even if the irish boy lived next door to her, he would have been the same.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 32yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Arcanum is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There's nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, I congratulate you. As said before, the Internet is merely a tool of communication. Distance can be a deterrent of a test.

What saddens me is how people mar the name of Internet IM users. Those people who put on masks and lie. I've met a couple of people online who wanted to date me, but I've always refrained from meeting in real life. Once I get to know them better, and peek behind the attractive masks, all I see are shallow bastards wanting sex, or half grown teenagers being misled into the notion of love.

True love online is not impossible, but rare.

"Some men are wise. Others are otherwise."
 42yrs • F •
stalebtch is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think its okay to meet someone on the internet...i met my man on the internet i dont think its okay to do it frequently tho! it wont work...

"idk"
 34yrs • F •
babythisisit is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i know exactly what you mean when you say that people are judgemental . the second you say you met online they automatically assume they are a pedphile and are going to traffic you through mexico or something lol. but seriously... i think it's amazing that you and your guy have been together for 3 years that takes a lot of commitment. i met my guy online 3 months ago and we've been dating for about a month now and i still haven't met him. i would love to get in contact with you just to trade ideas share opinions ask for advice? its very comforting to know that im not the only person out there who started liking someone before they met them. my e-mail is staplesa1@nku.edu contact me there on reply to this comment if you have the time i would really appreciate it and good luck with everything!

33yrs • F •
V4290 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I actually met my boyfriend online, however- my situation is difficult seeing he doesn't live in the usa- I'm in florida, usa.. He's in Australia- Just like you we have the greatest conversations ever and no one understands that- there are guys that are interested in me here ( I'm not interested in them) and they try touching me.... I only want HIM to touch me.

When they do it, it disgusts me..

New york to miami, takes eight hours and maybe some gas money... Australia takes two days and 4,000 dollars ( which is the cheapest I found).

You and him have been dating long, me and him just started but- I never felt a connection like this with anyone.. If you want to hear the story of how we met, I'll tell you- but only those that want to hear it- email me. (or pm?)

*EDIT* and by touch, like they try kissing my skin, holding my hand ,tickling... I feel green with illness

"Lovely and Scarred..."
 32yrs • F •
AndShelley is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I love how everyone is so positive about meeting people online! I have someone special who I've known 7 years; his names Chris. We speak most days, and continue to. How can you not grow so emotionally attached to someone?
People just dont understand, and I dont blame them, because personally sometimes I even question myself; What am I doing? But I honestly believe you cant help it. Because I know I couldnt. I've never felt this way about anyone else, and I hope I never do.
I have met many people online, and I think if your safe and careful then its widening your horizons. Which, I really needed. I felt really isolated just talking to the people around me. Now I dont. Chris not only gives me support I need, he has given me my motivation back.
Shelley x

"Sometimes, The last person on the Earth you want to be with, Is the one person you cant be without."
 36yrs • M •
neutralminded1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
a person you meet online is still a person. it's as simple as that.

"in life, there is chaos. in death, nothing. fix the chaos, and in death you will find peace."
[  Edited by neutralminded1 at   ]
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im glad you found someone it doesn't matter where you found them as long as you find someone

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
I met my boyfriend on the internet..so what! - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy