The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was conving the world he didn't exist. - Verbal Kant
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I met my boyfriend on the internet..so what! - Page 2

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh-
well I guess that sounds reasonable...
Whenever I lure chicks to my house they get to meet a fat man...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 34yrs • F •
Coldsore is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I know how it feels. I mean even though noone here has made any harsh judgements, people do. I met my boyfriend on the net. We've talked on the phone a lot, and are very interested in each other. Only problem is he's in Sydney, Australia and I'm in London, England. The furthest away we could be from each other. Right now I'm wondering when if I'll ever meet him. 5 years ime maybe, i dont know. But still it is pure ignorance when people pass prejudicial comments.

"Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Cheriss is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can tell you from Personal experience that you can meet all kinds out there withthe Internet. The man I am currently engaged to I met over the internet. We had talked off and on for a few years not really thinking much of it other than friends and then something just clicked we have now been living together for 2 years and couldn't be happier. I however can't say its always a good thing cause I made a big mistake as well via internet friendships turning romantic and let a total lying sludge into my life but that didn't last long and I am a better person for the learning experience. And I met another guy that had the potiential of being a Very good provider companion and friend I just found him a few years too early... he was still a kid and I was dealing with divorce and at first he was great with a "pre made" family of myself and my child but after a year he turned tail and ran... we are still friends to an extent and thats cool with both of us He was too young for task of takingon a family and in his own way I think that bothered him but he knew what he had to do and did it and I hold no ill will nor hard feelings for it.

But thats my rant on the subject. Like any other relationship forming place its a coin toss but it can also be a life lesson and DEFINATELY a place that you should be careful with but don't say no that sno way to meet someone cause you just may be saying no to the right person for you

"B**** Not just a Title Its a way of life"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is the way the world is moving - If businessmen can conduct video conferencing over the internet and meet for the first time in that way, what makes other fields any different? They just have different relations. Either way, you're taking a risk. But me crossing the street in Boulder is taking a risk too, so what? One is just more controlled than the other.

The idea is repulsive to those who are not used to it. No one was used to cuss words on television in the 60's, and now it's just another part of society. And some will always stay grounded in their own generation, but they just have to accept that the world will move on regardless, onto newer generations.

I just think it's fascinating that I can make friendships with people I would have never statistically met otherwise. Of course, caution and dscipline is a must, but that goes for online and offline.

Sidenote: Speaking of meeting people online and all that jazz, I found my cat online, you know. And then I adopted him. I wouldn't have found that crazy feline any other way, or even known about him, so boo to people who are anti-internet meeting.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There's many risks when meeting someone, both on line and in real life. In a lot of cases, on-line relationships consist of being long distance. I don't think you really know someone, until loads of time is spent being together. When you meet a person on line there tends to be a navigable communication that can be hindered when face to face. I can be very shy and reserved, albeit not apparent on the Internet. There is a merging of the mind that enhances a person's interpersonal style. That can be very rewarding. However, with that non-confrontation' many are given the opportunity for deception.

[ begin parent lecture to minors ]

That being said, I want to stress to please be careful. You honestly do not know whom you are chatting with, until you meet them. Posting a picture or giving a phone number doesn't validate who that person really is. If you do plan on meeting them, take a friend or better yet a parent.

[ / end parent lecture to minors]

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Like in the case of the photos you submitted eh Taz? You may actually look like the photo we all presume is altered, there's a thought.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 62yrs • F •
Busted! I'm really a 75 year old man with two teeth (one is gold) and I wear a speedo that can bearly be seen beneath my beer gut.

46yrs • M
"I wear a speedo that can bearly be seen beneath my beer gut."

Thank god for small miracles.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 62yrs • F •
Seeing you're behind me, mind grabbing a razor and shaving my back hair?

46yrs • M
Well, you never did braid my butt hair nor finish playing connect the dots on my back while waxing my feet so I don't know who you think you are asking favors of me, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last pedicure I gave you.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 62yrs • F •
*dies laughing*

You got a lot of nerve talking about bad pedicures, considering last time I gave you one, I broke my super duper electric power sander.

Fine then. No more favors. I'll find someone else to help trim my nose hairs. Yoo hoo, Wy where are you?

46yrs • M
*resurrects LadyTaz (by holding a fresh turd under her nose, a turd whose origins shall remain concealed to protect me, uh....., I mean, ........shit)*

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
luckily nose hair trimming is one of my fortés LadyTaz

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 62yrs • F •
You sure know how to win over a man's, errr I mean ladie's heart!

42yrs • M •
hustler_101 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
that's some seriously f*cked up people on the internet, i woud never meet someone i've only talked to on the internet. Did u know that this guy would go to forums and he would get them to meet them in person. He would then loure the to his home where he would eat them and wear their skin.

Like it all appears inncocent, i'm just talking to them. like just meet some people at like a club or something. But lets face it there's some serious sico's out there.

I met my boyfriend on the internet..so what! - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy